Gravy's Cooking Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Mostly.

Would prefer American, but will not buy Chinese.

Prefer Japanese or Korean over European

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Mostly.

Would prefer American, but will not buy Chinese.

Prefer Japanese or Korean over European
are you looking more towards asian knives like jap gyutos
a3d50c1a7a53d8fc271448ed4e74f91f.png

or more western french type knives
a2885bcd5b752ff3adcb3cd68aa9ccf8.png

you can get a nice shun (jap) knife set
Shun TDMS0900 Premier 9-Piece Gourmet Block Knife Set

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Misen? no idea where the steel comes from (I haven't bought one).

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
They're great, but they have light, plastic handles that are textured. Almost pebbled in a way. I've had mine for 7 years now without any issues.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Was given a cheap waffle maker. So been making waffles every so often. Have blueberry bushes here at the house and every so often put them in, not a huge blueberry fan but I have them. They're ok, never been a big waffle eater but so far it's easy decent enough and easier to make than the pancakes I normally eat.

Any other things that would relatively easy? No pecans this year yet so maybe pecans later.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't been entirely satisfied putting blueberries in waffles. The taste is fine, but the water content throws off the whole recipe.

Speaking of waffles, I can recommend using half almond flour. The extra fat makes for a really crisp waffle and you don't notice the "grainy" texture from using a nut flour. Don't do this with your pancakes, you will definitely notice it there. But you shouldn't be making pancakes if you have a waffle iron.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Do you guys use the folded in, beaten egg white, waffle recipe?

Yes, it makes nice waffles, but it's too much work. Not enough better to make it worth the time and energy imho.

Make standard waffles, then use the fruit to make a sauce for on top. Better than syrup, good use of fruit, and tasty.

Also, look up lemon sugar waffles. The tartness of the lemon in there cuts the sweetness of the toppings. Very good.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yes, it makes nice waffles, but it's too much work. Not enough better to make it worth the time and energy imho.

Make standard waffles, then use the fruit to make a sauce for on top. Better than syrup, good use of fruit, and tasty.

Also, look up lemon sugar waffles. The tartness of the lemon in there cuts the sweetness of the toppings. Very good.

Yeah I feel yah, The only thing is with the folded in egg recipe it makes them crisp and light and fluffy. If you use the store bought mix shit they come out all right but not as crispy. I like my waffles crispy.