Gravy's Cooking Thread

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Last night I made meatloaf. It was good.

This morning I made bread.

For lunch I had a meatloaf sandwich. It was fucking delicious. I need to do that more.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
Last night I made meatloaf. It was good.

This morning I made bread.

For lunch I had a meatloaf sandwich. It was fucking delicious. I need to do that more.
I like Ina's recipe. How did you make yours?

This recipe is really good with ground turkey instead of beef if you want something a bit different, but leave out the extra liquid stock.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I've never done it but I sometimes consider making meatloaf just for sandwiches.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I like Ina's recipe. How did you make yours?

This recipe is really good with ground turkey instead of beef if you want something a bit different, but leave out the extra liquid stock.

I make something similar to that. Mine is a little different every time.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I always liked to use bbq instead of ketchup for meatloaf

I fry up onions peppers and celery, garlic, then food process them add this to mix, then I add 1 can of manwch bold sloppy joe sauce. For topping I mix ketchup and honey, slather it ontop. Most of the time I do no topping though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i was making test burgers

gave wife non-seasoned 3oz burger, ketchup mustard, chedder and romaine

she said it was great

then i did "fixins" with a 4oz burger + tomatoe, grilled onions, green pepper, shrooms, she said previous one was better.

gave her same burger only 40z, yea this is better, all the fixins distracted from the meat and cheese.

still gotta just prep those fixins anyway.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Doing a whole pig la Caja China style with good friends or family is something everyone should experience. They also work really well for doing a shit ton of whole chickens and hot links/sausage at once and can toss some still in the husk corn on the coals right before the end.
You are welcome.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Making 6 racks of ribs today and don't care what anyone says, they will probably be fall off the bone! Screw the rules!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
What are other people doing for food today? We're just grilling a metric fuck-tonne of meat. Have a few peeps coming over, and we'll light fireworks after dark.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My fridge went out so its frozenn fries and chicken strips deep fried for us.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Dad cooked so we had completely charred hotndogs and burgers and a bunch of mediocre other food.

I brought some Edwards pies and they were kind of gross to me, almost like eating cake frosting. All in all kind of a shitty food day

• 1Worf
  • 1Supertaster

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Dad cooked so we had completely charred hotndogs and burgers and a bunch of mediocre other food.

I brought some Edwards pies and they were kind of gross to me, almost like eating cake frosting. All in all kind of a shitty food day
I really enjoy the Noodle-dad cooking posts.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Me, too. I'm dissapoint there were no cookie sheets involved in today's celebration.
It was too hot so I didn't go out, but I guarantee they were used. He has this thing where he boils chicken (for too long) then gently puts them on the cookie sheet on the grill. Those were in attendance... I hate them.

When I say charred hotdogs they had a black crust completely around. It's sad because hot dogs are my guilty pleasure.

Also his girlfriend always makes Mac n cheese by hand and it's disgusting, but my kids love it. His girlfriend who right now is in between dentures. Yep... Completely toothless.

I'll update you if I ever eat there again. I usually just order pizza..

• 1Worf
  • 1Supertaster

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It was too hot so I didn't go out, but I guarantee they were used. He has this thing where he boils chicken (for too long) then gently puts them on the cookie sheet on the grill. Those were in attendance... I hate them.

When I say charred hotdogs they had a black crust completely around. It's sad because hot dogs are my guilty pleasure.

Also his girlfriend always makes Mac n cheese by hand and it's disgusting, but my kids love it. His girlfriend who right now is in between dentures. Yep... Completely toothless.

I'll update you if I ever eat there again. I usually just order pizza..
GOD BLESS AMERICA!