Gravy's Cooking Thread

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I've got a new favorite BBQ: beef shortribs

On the BGE for about 5 hours. 45 minute rest. Sauce on the side.

• 8Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 9 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Short ribs might be the best part of the cow.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Going to attempt a shashuka deep dish pizza for a breakfast portion of an all day potluck tommorow. Got the crust made and in some pie tins along with the tomato/garlic/onion/pepper base in a sauce pan and some country style sausage browned in a pan. Game plan is to layer some mozzarella, sausage, sauce, eggs, more sauce, and basil and bake on the pellet smoker while I get ready for work. Hoping the eggs can stay somewhat runny but guessing they will be over medium at best by the time I get to work.

Khane

Not a bad idea. Shakshuka is delicious and I can see working well with pizza crust.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
got my cooking chopsticks, regular chopsticks for comparison
c2f8d130c3e5946ee07850394e938f7e.jpg

Cooking chopsticks are awesome I use them all the time. For those of you who DON'T. My white boy research has found that they are absolutely perfect for anything that needs to be turned over in a pan or something while cooking. They are way better than an unruly spatula for that for anything besides like burgers.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Cooking chopsticks are awesome I use them all the time. For those of you who DON'T. My white boy research has found that they are absolutely perfect for anything that needs to be turned over in a pan or something while cooking. They are way better than an unruly spatula for that for anything besides like burgers.
that induction wok i got gets so hot (from the steam) now i can't use regular chopsticks (i mean i still have the ladle but it's good to have options).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My mom bought a induction range, its pretty nice except she had to buy a whole new set of pots and pans. But it boils the fuck out of water. Plus it keeps clean since, you know, induction.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
My Airbnb in Paris had an induction stove and that shit was awesome. Had never experienced one before.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I've thought about doing some cooking stuff on YouTube, just because I think it would be fun. I'd prob setup a cooking area with a couple induction tops since my gas stove is in an awkward place. And they're pretty cheap at Costco.

Also, when you've got leftover beef short rib:

1562860811310.png

Short rib
Sauteed onion
Cheddar (the good shit)
Mayo
Mustid
Kaiser bun

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Do you have an induction range or just a countertop one?
my wok? it's the cooktop one i linked a while back, and yes the 1st requirement was that it was roundbottom and not flat bottom, cuz otherwise thats not a wok really, just a tall skillet.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I've thought about doing some cooking stuff on YouTube, just because I think it would be fun. I'd prob setup a cooking area with a couple induction tops since my gas stove is in an awkward place. And they're pretty cheap at Costco.

Also, when you've got leftover beef short rib:

View attachment 214732

Short rib
Sauteed onion
Cheddar (the good shit)
Mayo
Mustid
Kaiser bun
if you make those ribs I feel like I could probably jack it to completion, you should do it. Quit your shitty cubicle job, start a podcast, hunt elk, check out some dmt bro, lurkingdirk pull that up for me

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
if you make those ribs I feel like I could probably jack it to completion, you should do it. Quit your shitty cubicle job, start a podcast, hunt elk, check out some dmt bro, lurkingdirk pull that up for me

I'd put money up for FOH bros to do a cooking show on a youtube channel. I think we'd generate huge ratings and awesome food.

Khane

It would definitely be popular with the ladies. Since we're all so good looking and successful.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user