Gravy's Cooking Thread

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I still crockpot and I have one of those too. There is just something about putting some shit in in the morning then smelling up the house all day long until its done in the eve.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I actually still own a crock pot, but I haven't used it in at least 5 years. I think it might be time to let that shit go. There's some things I still don't know how to cook in an instantpot really, like beans, stuff you need to stir a bit. But I do that stuff on stovetop now.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think what they're talking about is that the instant pot has a "slow cooker" button so even if you want your pot roast slow cooked (and in my experience you do) you can still do it in the instant pot. I still use my crock pot to take to potlucks though. It's nice to be able to look through the glass lid and see what's in there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I still crockpot and I have one of those too. There is just something about putting some shit in in the morning then smelling up the house all day long until its done in the eve.

Why wouldn't you just do it in the instant pot? Do you have a magic crock pot that is somehow better than the instant pot crock pot settings?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I actually still own a crock pot, but I haven't used it in at least 5 years. I think it might be time to let that shit go. There's some things I still don't know how to cook in an instantpot really, like beans, stuff you need to stir a bit. But I do that stuff on stovetop now.

My dude, the instant pot lets you make beans in a tenth of the time since you don't have to soak them overnight. Pressure cooking is the shit.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
When I've done pot roast in the instant pot it turned out terrible. Some things need to be low and slow. I have had pretty good beans from the pressure cooker though.

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
Do you fart more or less with beans from the instapot?
I reckon about the same.

Instapot makes the best hard boiled (steamed) eggs. Can do a dozen easily in the 6qt, 5 minutes on high and let it sit for 5 minutes before depressurizing.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I gotta know if this is the supertaster in me

My wife has been buying the chicken breast tenderloins, you know that thing strip that's under the breast , replacing regular chicken breast. Technically they taste the same, but the texture and feel is much different. Also it has a strip of I guess tendon or whatever running through it and also has a film.

Is this just me? I hate this cut of meat.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I gotta know if this is the supertaster in me

My wife has been buying the chicken breast tenderloins, you know that thing strip that's under the breast , replacing regular chicken breast. Technically they taste the same, but the texture and feel is much different. Also it has a strip of I guess tendon or whatever running through it and also has a film.

Is this just me? I hate this cut of meat.
it's still tasteless breast meat, yea it's a bit more tender but ain't got non flavor, just get dark meat, everyone loves a chicken leg and thigh.

and yea from this pic you'll see the thick ligament/tendon and the silver skin
DSC_8696_crop.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I consider it part of a chicken breast, since they usually leave it on when you buy only breasts. That said, if you're eating white meat just for protein, I would prefer the main breast. It's cheaper as well.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Chicken thighs are the best part of the Chicken. They taste amazing and don't dry out the second they touch a hot surface.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I prefer the texture of white meat over dark meat. The flavor and dryness can be overcome with brine and seasoning. Also bacon.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Thighs with the skin nice and crispy are my favorite part of the chicken. We do a jerk seasoned one frequently for dinner. Good stuff.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
IMO if your breasts are dry you're cooking them too long or at too low a temperature. That said though, thighs taste better.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Thighs are the superior part of the chicken. I'm fine with the masses disagreeing, keeps them nice and cheap.