Gravy's Cooking Thread

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
anyone got a good tztziki recipe? tried this

• 2 cups grated cucumber (from about 1 medium 10-ounce cucumber, no need to peel or seed the cucumber first, grate on the large holes of your box grater)
  • 1 ½ cups plain Greek yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint and/or dill
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 medium clove garlic, pressed or minced
  • ½ teaspoon fine sea salt

bleh

Did you salt and draw water out of the grated cucumber? I'd also hit that bitch with a lot more garlic. Also gotta let it sit in the fridge for a few hours to let those flaves meld.

I made this once and it was tasty af.

Chef John to the rescue. Always.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Did you salt and draw water out of the grated cucumber? I'd also hit that bitch with a lot more garlic. Also gotta let it sit in the fridge for a few hours to let those flaves meld.

i'll try it the chef john way next time.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So local company that made this baller as fuck salsa that I loved has stopped shipping to stores near me. This injustice cannot stand. So imma try and replicate it, see if I can even do a bit better. The stuff was a chipotle fire roasted tomato salsa. Chipotles are easy, tomatoes idk, I dont have a gas stove so I figured just halve some Roma tomatoes and oven roast them like Alton does for his salsa. Anyone have any good recipes? I am thinking tomorrow I will try and get mine going and see how it comes out.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So local company that made this baller as fuck salsa that I loved has stopped shipping to stores near me. This injustice cannot stand. So imma try and replicate it, see if I can even do a bit better. The stuff was a chipotle fire roasted tomato salsa. Chipotles are easy, tomatoes idk, I dont have a gas stove so I figured just halve some Roma tomatoes and oven roast them like Alton does for his salsa. Anyone have any good recipes? I am thinking tomorrow I will try and get mine going and see how it comes out.

The answer is always Chef John

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The answer is always Chef John

fucking gay
Food Wishes, Chef John's Best Dishes Kindle Edition

he only has an ebook, might as well just selectively print out recipes. While i know ppl having tablets on the counter or alexa giving out recipes, i like paper that i can scribble on and adjust.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm definitely a tablet while cooking dude. I got a Google Home setup not too long ago but I've never used it while cooking - not even to set timers.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

yup, it was the squeezing out all the cucumber juice that finally did it.i put it in a fine mesh collander aand cups w/ water and laid it on top to squeeze out every bit of juice.

made gyros, was amazing sauce.

on a baking note, i have to bring in a breast cancer awareness month cake.

gonna make a tripe layer, neopolitan 3 layer cake and i bought some pink fondant to lay it over.

i've only used fondant once, i'll do a test run this weekend

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
gonna make a tripe layer, neopolitan 3 layer cake and i bought some pink fondant to lay it over.

I know Asians like to eat weird shit but please don't put tripe in the cake...

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
If someone gave me the choice between eating fondant or eating cardboard, I'd take a very long pause to think it over.

• 1Solidarity

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I once witnessed someone peel the fondant off a cake and shove it in their face. It was truly disgusting.

• 1Mother of God

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I used to work for a bakery and got all the free cake I could ever want. I would never want fondant on a cake or anything that I would consider eating.
hey yo Denamian Denamian , any tips for working with
64fe7fe49a84ee1d86577cfe5b5fc734.png

it's just a big hunk of fondant, i guess i just roll it out with a pin, and hope for the best?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
hey yo Denamian Denamian , any tips for working with
64fe7fe49a84ee1d86577cfe5b5fc734.png

it's just a big hunk of fondant, i guess i just roll it out with a pin, and hope for the best?

I was just the delivery guy, so I never worked with the stuff myself. They worked it pretty much like it was dough. Rolling it in to sheets to either cut things out of it or wrap it around cakes

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I was just the delivery guy, so I never worked with the stuff myself. They worked it pretty much like it was dough. Rolling it in to sheets to either cut things out of it or wrap it around cakes
yea i'm holding it like a burger right now, i could picture ppl just wolfing it down.