Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My veg garden has started producing the goods

1626896706879.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Make yourself some brine and invite the hottie neighbor over to eat your pickle.
On a more serious note, I just made 2 mason jars of sliced pickles. Will be interesting to see how they turn out.

Lots of cucumbers radishes and carrots sliced up. Manoline made quick and easy work of the cucumbers.
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp turmeric
2 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp celery seeds
1 tbsp black peppercorn
1 tbsp crushed red pepper
1 cup rice vinegar
1 squeeze garlic paste
1 squeeze ginger paste

Added 1 cup of water and mixed it all up. Dumped it in the mason jar. Filled the rest up with water and put them in the fridge for overnight.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
brisket fell apart like pulled pork when i went to wrap it, eating some of that and gonna see how it does being 6hours butcher paper.

my kroger has good brisket once a month deals over everyday costco deals, so i can probably skip going to costco(i don't care about the membership, i just don't want to goto so many different places, and i'd only goto costco for literally just brisket and maybe other primals), i just had to ask the meat guy when brisket sales come and says usually every 4-6 weeks, so this week i'll stock up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
at the 12hr mark?
if it fell apart like pulled pork its because all the tissue broke down. 12 hours shouldn't have done it unless it was an unusual cut of brisket or something else was up. How hot was it in there?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
if it fell apart like pulled pork its because all the tissue broke down. 12 hours shouldn't have done it unless it was an unusual cut of brisket or something else was up. How hot was it in there?
i did 225, it was even from front to back with the probes

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm by no means a brisket expert but I think 16 hours or whatever you did for a small brisket is probably too long... Kiki Kiki would be a better resource here but brisket shouldn't fall apart like carnitas unless it's extremely overcooked.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Did you monitor the internal temperature? Brisket is notoriously variable in how long it takes to cook. Temperature is the only way to tell when it's done. Even falling apart though, it probably tasted good as long as it didn't dry out.

Wrap it up at 165° and it's done at 200°-205°.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Did you monitor the internal temperature? Brisket is notoriously variable in how long it takes to cook. Temperature is the only way to tell when it's done. Even falling apart though, it probably tasted good as long as it didn't dry out.

Wrap it up at 165° and it's done at 200°-205°.
i was using time , 12 hr mark on when to wrap, i'll try temp this next time.

question

is there a reason to keep in the smoker if i wrapped it? or can i just take it back inside and wrap it and put it in the oven instead?, it's fucking muggy in tn, jesus christ, i wanna make less trips outside

oh and these tn bugs love chinese food... meaning me, fucking christ i must be some new delicacy to them, i literally go out my porch wearing jeans socks and gloves.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You can stick it in the oven after wrapping if you want. There's no more smoke after that.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
i was using time , 12 hr mark on when to wrap, i'll try temp this next time.

question

is there a reason to keep in the smoker if i wrapped it? or can i just take it back inside and wrap it and put it in the oven instead?, it's fucking muggy in tn, jesus christ, i wanna make less trips outside

oh and these tn bugs love chinese food... meaning me, fucking christ i must be some new delicacy to them, i literally go out my porch wearing jeans socks and gloves.
Invest in some bug zappers.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The secret is bigass ceiling fans on your porch. Mosquitos especially aren't very good fliers and a breeze will help keep them away.