Gravy's Cooking Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I just want a vent hood in my kitchen so badly for that reason.
every apt i moved to i've had the overhead microwave that just recirculates the air, when i bought the first house it did the same thing, but i cut a hole in my roof and vented it out properly.

idk how i'm gonna do it in this house since it's 2 floors and the close wall is the garage

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think you can vent it out into the garage. Only downside is that your garage will smell like delicious bacon when you're cooking it inside.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think you can vent it out into the garage. Only downside is that your garage will smell like delicious bacon when you're cooking it inside.
this thumbnail really doesn't look like he's trying to teach me how to use a 6in holesaw
9fe4278c00cdc190b328fa7dd100d874.png

i instinctively already took out my wallet

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Check local codes? Probably a solution other than just cutting a hole into the attached garage (pretty sure that isn't legal where I am nor a great idea).

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Check local codes? Probably a solution other than just cutting a hole into the attached garage (pretty sure that isn't legal where I am nor a great idea).
actually for this i did, not allowed to have exposed cavity from garage to house cuz of fumes going into the house, i can duct it out of the garage tho.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Broke down and bought a deep fryer. Fuck "air fryers" and ovens. You just cannot beat the food that a deep fryer produces.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Trump
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Broke down and bought a deep fryer. Fuck "air fryers" and ovens. You just cannot beat the food that a deep fryer produces.
which one you get?

do yourself a favor now and buy that gold tone basket to filter out the oil

it's a million times faster than filtering with paper towels and like i said b4, if you want to really really get the fines, just buy a 8-12 cup filter basket filter

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I
which one you get?

do yourself a favor now and buy that gold tone basket to filter out the oil

it's a million times faster than filtering with paper towels and like i said b4, if you want to really really get the fines, just buy a 8-12 cup filter basket filter
I just got a cheap one to play with. I am guessing I will upgrade it for Xmas since I am having funny with crunchy fried food.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
how cheap? does it not even have a carbon filter?
CHEAP!!!
It was a spur of the moment idea and I didn't know if a larger one would fit in the part of the counter I wanted to place it in. I will treat myself to the cadillac version for the holiday.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
CHEAP!!!
It was a spur of the moment idea and I didn't know if a larger one would fit in the part of the counter I wanted to place it in. I will treat myself to the cadillac version for the holiday.

Don't leave oil sitting in it when not in use either. Oil oxidizes when exposed to oxygen and goes rancid faster

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Don't leave oil sitting in it when not in use either. Oil oxidizes when exposed to oxygen and goes rancid faster
yup thats why you filter fast hours after, that way you'll always have nice clean oil (it'll just look dark)

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I used to have one of those but it takes up too much room in the kitchen when you can do it just fine in a cast iron skillet, dutch oven, or my favorite, a wok which you already have.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The audio made me LOL

I can't stand stupid Tik Tok style short videos like that. Now every content creator is doing YouTube shorts because all the kids have an attention span akin to a goldfish. If you really want to share some knowledge or teach people something, show a little bit more effort, be patient, and take the time to really enjoy what you're creating. Then again it's all about the clicks and views, and racking up as many as you can.

Sign of the times I guess...