Gravy's Cooking Thread

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Since I gave you the my favorites from the dark side here are my healthy ones...

Edamame
Tuna with Brown Rice
Baby Carrots with Humus

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Quesadillas are my mainstay. But tortillas and shredded cheese are pretty versatile. Lots of fast stuff to be made. If I am going to be patient I will sometimes just chuck a pot roast in the slow cooker with some veggies. That's 3ish meals easy peasy.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Poached eggs are no harder to make than scrambled eggs. If you can boil water and set a timer for 4 minutes you can make perfect poached eggs every time.
fucking biden

same time last year, just moved here
09cb26c2cd5e363f6d1195ef74c8d76b.png

now
468c1e86d0723beff6d853fd468d4a41.png

also for eggs, don't forget boiling and elevation height/times

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I miss how my mom used to keep bacon grease in the fridge, and then use it to fry eggs in.

Corned beef hash. IDGAF what anyone thinks, just open a can and fry it up. Maybe with some eggs.

Grilled cheese, especially with soup.

Beef stroganoff.

Meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

I know I'm weird but it's getting to be fruitcake season.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I really need to learn to make some beef stroganoff…

For easy meals, though, SOS with some beans is nice and easy.

• 2Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I miss how my mom used to keep bacon grease in the fridge, and then use it to fry eggs in.

Corned beef hash. IDGAF what anyone thinks, just open a can and fry it up. Maybe with some eggs.

Beef stroganoff.

Gotta get that corned beef hash crispy as hell on one side

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So after I had covid I chose to get off caffeine and stick to water since I had been almost two weeks without it and cold turkey stopped it. About 6 months ago I decided I wanted some diet coke and decided to limit myself to one in the morning and one in the evening. Stuck with a 20 oz bottle each time to control my intake even though it was more expensive than buying 2-liters. Worked great. Fast forward to a 20 oz bottle costing over $3 now in NY. Went to 7-11 today and got a super big gulp for $1.69, drank half and through the rest away.

Modern Problems Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• 3Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, gas station fountains and the any size drink for $.99 at McDonald's are the last places to find decent prices on caffeinated sugar free sugar water.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, gas station fountains and the any size drink for $.99 at McDonald's are the last places to find decent prices on caffeinated sugar free sugar water.
I am truly surprised at this point that MCD hasnt done away with the $1 any size drink. Its like they forgot about it.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There's one truck stop in my hometown where if go in there on a hot day and all you have is a fountain drink they will just say "It's on the house, it's hot out there". Happened to me 3 times this summer and they now have my undying loyalty.

• 3Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There's one truck stop in my hometown where if go in there on a hot day and all you have is a fountain drink they will just say "It's on the house, it's hot out there". Happened to me 3 times this summer and they now have my undying loyalty.
I bet thats a pretty small town.

• 1Truth!

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

Beef stroganoff.

We don't cook bacon very often but when we do I always round up the grease after cooking it in the oven over foil, and into a small jar it goes. Use it to flavor sauces or fry up whatever. Parents always did that constantly growing up and they used to just keep it out in a container sitting there on the counter. Hell I think my grandparents used to do that too. But there were constantly using it and constantly cooking bacon so I guess it was always fresh.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I'll get a diet Coke or a diet Dr pepper every now and then, but normally it's iced tea, unsweetened with a splash of sweetened. If it isn't that I'm drinking water.
My soda intake has dropped tremendously in the last decade. Mostly because we don't keep it around the house and that is because we don't want to raise kids with Type 2.

I don't really miss it, but a Diet Dr Pepper once every few months fantastic.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Since I gave you the my favorites from the dark side here are my healthy ones...

Edamame
Tuna with Brown Rice
Baby Carrots with Humus
Hummus is great, especially if you've got tahini and the pantry. We always keep cans of chickpeas floating around, and just make it ourselves, the flavor with whatever seasonings or pressure herbs we've got floating around. Use up whatever leftover raw vegetables you've got, and it makes a great meal.

Cheese and crackers are the ultimate simple food. With a little bit of summer sausage or other type of charcuterie if you've got it to hand. Typically ends up going with the hummus and veggies if we're making it and don't feel like cooking.

I can always make a meal out of that type of stuff.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
My soda intake has dropped tremendously in the last decade. Mostly because we don't keep it around the house and that is because we don't want to raise kids with Type 2.

I don't really miss it, but a Diet Dr Pepper once every few months fantastic.
Yeah I think the only time I've ever had soda in the last number of years is if I'm traveling for work and I stop at a Whataburger, and as opposed to getting an iced tea or a water I'll get a diet soda of some sort. I never buy it and it's never kept around the house. The wife got me drinking flavored seltzer water. We drank a lot of that just for the textural difference plus I can mix it with vodka or gin.