1670940563329.png

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
You were warned Erronius Erronius

'And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves...'

tumblr_m9sk1pjjob1r9wx9h.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Makes me want to make the Grady Spears Dr.Pepper cake. Basic chocolate sheet cake but probably the most moist cake I've had. The soda doesn't make it taste funky. Perfect with just plain old vanilla ice cream on top.

I've got his cookbook somewhere and I'll have to try to find it. Pretty sure this is the recipe though. It's been a long time since I made it but I think it's the correct one just renamed.

Grandma Spear's Dr. Pepper Cake recipe - from the Snow Family Recipes Family Cookbook

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Made a Tourtière last night. Made my own puff pastry (what a pain in the ass), though I usually use a regular pie crust. Put ground venison and ground lamb in with cranberries. Cooked the meat/fruit first, cooked it down with some beef stock in it, a little bourbon, and a bit of flour mixed in to help it thicken. I didn't have to drain the mixture because all of the meat was so lean. Put it in the crust, baked it on 425 for 12 minutes, then 350 for another 30 minutes. Crispy crust all around (no soggy bottom, thanks be praised), and the flavours were outstanding. People don't give the humble Tourtière enough credit. I learned to make it from a French-Canadian guy. He always used caribou meat, but I don't have access to that.

Meat pie. Yum. And such good leftovers. I had too much filling for the pie, so the filling on toast made a very good lunch today.

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Made a Tourtière last night. Made my own puff pastry (what a pain in the ass), though I usually use a regular pie crust. Put ground venison and ground lamb in with cranberries. Cooked the meat/fruit first, cooked it down with some beef stock in it, a little bourbon, and a bit of flour mixed in to help it thicken. I didn't have to drain the mixture because all of the meat was so lean. Put it in the crust, baked it on 425 for 12 minutes, then 350 for another 30 minutes. Crispy crust all around (no soggy bottom, thanks be praised), and the flavours were outstanding. People don't give the humble Tourtière enough credit. I learned to make it from a French-Canadian guy. He always used caribou meat, but I don't have access to that.

Meat pie. Yum. And such good leftovers. I had too much filling for the pie, so the filling on toast made a very good lunch today.
full

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Didn't take pictures, sorry. Try it though.
Half Baked Boo GIF

That actually sounds like it turned out fantastic though.

We don't ever make a lot of pot pies or anything with crust mixed with savory. My grandmother always used to make pasties when we were growing up and my mom still makes them, I've just never tried my hand at it.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf