Gravy's Cooking Thread

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
i'll just buy stainless steel skewer racks
14092c27f8b2814e423109b46e77e881.png

i mean the yakitori grill i got is only good for 3 skewers anyway
I got something like that for Christmas along with some skewers. Haven't used them yet but they look like they're pretty solid. Need to do a meal with them soon.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm sure his wife lets him Inspector Gadget.
ya'll are mean, i might just pick up espresso as a hobby again

they made improvements to the flair 58
2c9840fa87203e5ffa51596198e5c2a0.jpg

wouldn't even have to buy much to get back in, just a new tamper, knockbox, my crono already has espresso burrs

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone ever tried one of those meal kit delivery services like Hello Fresh? Seems a bit pricey but also seems like a good relatively low stress way to expand my cooking knowledge.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Anyone ever tried one of those meal kit delivery services like Hello Fresh? Seems a bit pricey but also seems like a good relatively low stress way to expand my cooking knowledge.
My wife and I have done it twice when a friend who uses them gets the "suggest a friend and they get 5-6 meals free" offers. The meals are generally good, portions are a *bit* smaller than I would have liked. If you aren't a creative cook it's definitely a good way to get more ideas.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>

Used to sub to Hello Fresh for a while, usually just to take advantage of the millions of YouTube discount codes. Overall, I enjoyed the food and it was a great way for me to easily shake up what we were eating for dinner, since I’m a shit cook. There were always more than enough recipes every week for us to pick out at least 3 we wanted (and we were on the 3 meals/week plan). Everything being portioned is super convenient, as well, as I hate having to buy a bulk of something that I’m only going to use a tiny bit on for one recipe.

My only real complaint, which is a big one, is there was about a 50% chance that at least one protein item would have rips in its packaging. Maybe I’m overblowing it, but I don’t want to risk some raw chicken that isn’t 100% sealed. So many of these meals were unfortunately wasted, as the biggest part of the recipe was compromised. I will say, getting a refund when this happened was extremely easy and convenient. Just say there’s a problem with the order, select which individual items had problems, and submit. The refunds did just apply to your next bill, though, and unfortunately doesn’t fully make up for having to make a different meal for the night and throwing my meal plan out of order.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wow so this little grill was like 23/lbs
0222232229.jpg

also i don't think i'll need the skewer racks, i just hang em off the clay itself (my skewers are 10in)

it looks really nice actually, and i really like the compact size, i mean for just the two of us, i'll probably make like 10skewers max?, i'll test it out later this week

and the grill will be nice to just throw a butterflyed thigh or boob on there

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
A wire connection in the air fryers can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.
sounds like either bad crimps or thin wire to cut corners

but then i also see retarded tiktoks like this, so...

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
stumbled upon this, ended up craving an Italian sandwich like crazy and dove in. Even with basic hoagie rolls they turned out incredible. Definitely worth a watch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
got to play w/ the yakitori grill
0227231815_HDR.jpg

this is my first skewering, as you can tell it was just the wings drums and drumsticks, as time went on i was better at skewering more "vertically"? to get more room in (especially when i butterflyed the thigh), and time mangement on the coals.

it really can only hold about 12 coals, 6 each side (theres a small divider in the middle), w/o the rack. if i used the wire rack way more briquets could fit, b/c technically the skewers are already 1/4 in the pot itself.

things i'd do different is i'd get a horitonal spagetti storage tray
bc6da9348576e616b470dae7123f2524.png

reason being that the cooking sauce for yakitori is called tare, and while i had a quart container of the sauce, as time went on, it got down to half, also i couldn't full "dip" it in since the container only held so much and the sticks were 10in, so a flat container for sauce should do me good next time.

traditionally you see them dip it as it cooks like so
fbab8353a29b81719c45ec8966789030.png

i'd also would thicken up my tare b4 with some starch so it'd stick more, i just use same broth i use for ramen eggs, 1/3 mirin/soy/sake.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
got to play w/ the yakitori grill
View attachment 460898

this is my first skewering, as you can tell it was just the wings drums and drumsticks, as time went on i was better at skewering more "vertically"? to get more room in (especially when i butterflyed the thigh), and time mangement on the coals.

Bro, from now on you gotta tag Tarrant Tarrant in these posts

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users