Gravy's Cooking Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Never a turkey, but I spatchcock chickens whenever I roast them.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Easy answer for Turkey, turn it upside down for a couple hours while using a V rack - also don't forget to brine it of course. Start off upside down and roast 1 hour at 400 degrees, reduce temperature to 250 and roast another 2 hours. Flip it back to breast side up and finish at 400 degrees for another hour to hour and a half or whenever the temperature of the breast hits 160~

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Did it to tons of chickens b4 i started beer can cooking, turned out great, also great for the grill.

Turkey? da fuq?

You don't want to bring out your thx giving turkey on a pan, looking like it just got laid.

I'll be pretty much on my own this year as rest of the family will be back east so any sort of presentation won't be necessary. Perfect time to give it a try basically.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Find someone else on their own and hit up a nice gourmet restaurant. That's what I do when the mother is pissed at my brother for constantly begging for money. We're going this year matter of fact.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm visiting friends for Thanksgiving this year and we're smoking various fine meats. Fuck turkey. Shit sucks compared to ribs and smoked chicken wings.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think turkey is an inferior meat but I do want to eat it once a year on the last Thursday in November. I'm going to try deep frying it this year.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Easy answer for Turkey, turn it upside down for a couple hours while using a V rack - also don't forget to brine it of course. Start off upside down and roast 1 hour at 400 degrees, reduce temperature to 250 and roast another 2 hours. Flip it back to breast side up and finish at 400 degrees for another hour to hour and a half or whenever the temperature of the breast hits 160~

I got that tip from my sister a few years ago and haven't had a dry Turkey since. I love thanksgiving so much....

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You need to heat the dark meat on the bottom to about 170 while the exposed white meat on the top only has to reach about 160 - Therefore if you want fully cooked dark meat you need to over cook and dry out your titties.

• 1Like

fresh

<Gold Donor>
Alton Brown is some goofy trash. He reminds me of the doctor from Voyager.

I prefer Wustof knives personally. I have a sontoku knife that I use daily at work that is 6 years old and still holds an excellent edge.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Daylight savings is messing with my hunger. 1030am and I'm cooking chicken marsala.

AOYsCf.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm not a cranberry sauce fan.

That being said my mom said she wants to cook Thanksgiving this year. I was hoping the torch was passed to me after my dad died. I really enjoyed doing it last year even though our house isn't really designed for dozens of people. I still get to do the Broccoli Casserole and My wife does her Grandma's Dressing and (the best thing in life) Pecan Pies.

I swear I could eat a slice of pecan pie for every meal. It's just really difficult to pull off consistently. Too hot and the pecans get scorched. Nothing is worse than a scorched pecan.

• 1Solidarity