Gravy's Cooking Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The chuck roast will taste like Prime Rib. Don't think you can really go wrong, unless you were planning on making a stew out of it or something.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Annual Beef Wellington last night turned out great. I overworked the first puff pastry for it but had thought ahead and made two. Crisis averted.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The chuck roast will taste like Prime Rib. Don't think you can really go wrong, unless you were planning on making a stew out of it or something.

Nope, not a stew. Just a minute or two per side on the grill after it's done... 3 more hours to go!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Uh let’s see if this works... before and after. I took one of the bones out of the first one because it was so huge.

33D1A0BC-6367-47E9-8B8A-22EECE3C9127.jpeg
14F7528D-1E08-4CA2-9C8C-5320DB974BA7.jpeg
761C3507-79E6-4358-8B5D-B19B0EC7A3B5.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My first Christmas prime rib was a success. It was a 20 pounder. Put it on the pellet grill at 8:30 am at about 230°. Pulled it about 1:15 pm when the internal temp hit 120° and seared it on the gas grill. I did make a mistake there by rubbing butter on it before the sear. I was thinking it would help it brown but it just made it catch on fire so it was borderline charred more than seared. I think if I do it again I will put it in a 500 degree oven for 10 minutes at the end rather than using the gas grill. The inside was pretty perfect though, if I do say so myself.

20181225_135356.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Oh and I think next time I will wait to slice it until people are actually sitting at the table. It killed me to have it sliced and sitting on the table for 20 minutes while people took their sweet assed time getting sat down.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks damn amazing! Nice work!

I'm finally getting around to making a turkey, and was looking through all the posts around Thanksgiving. I think I'm gonna make that crispy potato recipe, and I'm looking up dry brine recipes right now. I'd love to do a wet brine in a 5 gallon bucket, but I don't have the fridge space to keep it cold. Granted, it's below 40 degrees outside all the time, so if I leave it outside, I suppose it won't spoil.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Looks damn amazing! Nice work!

I'm finally getting around to making a turkey, and was looking through all the posts around Thanksgiving. I think I'm gonna make that crispy potato recipe, and I'm looking up dry brine recipes right now. I'd love to do a wet brine in a 5 gallon bucket, but I don't have the fridge space to keep it cold. Granted, it's below 40 degrees outside all the time, so if I leave it outside, I suppose it won't spoil.

Get a brine bag. You only need it in th fridge for 1 hour/lb.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I've now done Gordon Ramsay's turkey recipe a few times, and it always comes out pretty good (as good as turkey can be). But the real star of the show is if you make the turkey gravy like he says to - using apple cider. That gravy is incredibly delicious, and turns your potatoes into the best thing on the plate. I did skip the walnuts.

Turkey Gravy with Cider & Walnuts

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I've used one, and it was pretty good. Not as good as deep frying, but a pretty close second. That said, I don't have one, and I don't think I'd use it much.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have one and I like it. It's solid for cooking but honestly it shines for reheating food. Leftover burritos, pizza, even French fries.