Gravy's Cooking Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Everything in that commercial looks fucking disgusting, but the lasagna reminded me of all of you. Well done lads.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I mean, bro, they had cottage cheese in every kind of food, it's all gross. I can't remember who it was who put cottage cheese in the lasagna but they are for sure a terrible person.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Everything in that commercial looks fucking disgusting, but the lasagna reminded me of all of you. Well done lads.
huh? no one here would use that garbage here. cottage cheese is poor mans ricotta.

i mean that old guy just layering a tub of cottage cheese on a fruit salad

ugh

and that old fuck just drinks water? he gonna die

Denaut

Trump's Staff
I am going to assume the cottage cheese in lasagna is a holdover from some regions in Italy where it is much more like ricotta. But yea, never use that slimy junk in its place. I've made both and the process is very similar.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
huh? no one here would use that garbage here.

757.jpg

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My mother in law makes lasagna with cottage cheese. I eat garlic bread and salad. She asked me about it once, I answered honestly. She doesn't ask about it any more.

• 1Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Cottage cheese is delicious. I'm a salt and pepper guy though. It's okay with fruit but I prefer it savory.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought that cottage cheese jingle was pretty catchy! Well done Daisy! I'll eat cottage cheese anyway you want to give to me, savory or sweet, but it has zero place in lasagna.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My wife eats tons of cottage cheese. But she can't stand the American stuff so every week or two we make a ton of it in the East European style. Which is more like farmers cheese and is dryer and more tart. Eating a bunch of this shit covered in sour cream like she does is way too god damn East European for me though.

I could see putting this instead of Ricotta in a lasagna if you absolutely had to I guess... but why?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm guessing 50 years ago cottage cheese was available in your typical grocery store and ricotta wasn't. There will always be people who keep liking stuff as they ate it as a kid. I haven't seen lasagna with cottage cheese since I was a kid but i bet in a blind taste test it wouldn't be that different.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
I am doing a pizza dinner for my mother-in-law and a couple of her friends as a birthday gift.

For a side I was thinking an apple-fennel salad with a lemon vinaigrette. Thoughts? Better ideas for a side that isn't too much work?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That side is already really easy.

Maybe a Mediterranean salad with feta, walnuts, chickpeas, red onion, tomato, cucumber would pair better with pizza. Also really easy.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm guessing 50 years ago cottage cheese was available in your typical grocery store and ricotta wasn't. There will always be people who keep liking stuff as they ate it as a kid. I haven't seen lasagna with cottage cheese since I was a kid but i bet in a blind taste test it wouldn't be that different.

giphy.gif

I dont like either in my lasagna. Rocotta tastes like shit too.

giphy.gif

You'd notice the difference. And Ricotta is delicious. I also like Parmesan in lasagna.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
93604.jpg

imagine being a heathen and thinking,

"yar this stuffed shell is too rich, maybe i'll lessen the calories by 100 if i use cottage cheese instead of ricotta."

also ricotta is actually easier to make than moz

• 1Solidarity