Gravy's Cooking Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i hate internet sometimes

make me that!
d4b600fffb0e6d69f0a9ab2f10b3afe1.gif

chocolate mold 20bucks on amazon, then just buy mini marshmellows and fill up inside.

i couldn't seal both halves together well enough, just ended up shoving them together

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
i hate internet sometimes

make me that!
d4b600fffb0e6d69f0a9ab2f10b3afe1.gif

chocolate mold 20bucks on amazon, then just buy mini marshmellows and fill up inside.

i couldn't seal both halves together well enough, just ended up shoving them together
Trader Joe’s has a version of these. They aren’t good.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just made some tamari roasted cashews, and they turned out really well.

Pour some tamari in a bag/bowl with your cashews until fully covered.
Preheat oven to 350.
Cover cookie sheet with this layer of olive oil.
Pour cashews on cookie sheet in single layer.
Cook for 25 minutes. Mix 1-2 times during this period.

My local King Soopers stopped selling these in the bulk foods section, so I bought raw cashews and some tamari sauce instead.

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Portillos Beef sammys. The absolute key to this sandwich when youre not in chi town is bringing the au jus to a boil and dropping it to a perfect temp. Drop the beef in for 1 minute and its yummy town!

20210105_194313.jpg

• 4Like
  • 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've been obsessed with making these for two weeks. Running the gamut here and making Korean/similar ones with different ingredients. Spinach, bok choy, kimchi, bean sprout. Will get more creative.

Savory Cabbage Pancakes (Okonomiyaki)

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Don't have either. I'll go get some.
you can get those and bonito flakes from amazon as well, i seem to remember you have a hmart tho? probably cheaper, i remember hmart carrying kewpie but i don't remember them having otafuku brand, but i'm sure they have comprable

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That kewpie mayo is a revelation. There's another Japanese brand I get too that's really good. Can't remember the name at the moment.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Behold my experiments. Savory almond flour kimchi pancake and jalapeno sauce. Pro tip put some yogurt in almond flour batter to make them fluffier.

Still trying to get the nice golden color right with this stuff tho.

Attachments

• PXL_20210110_100714434.jpg
    PXL_20210110_100714434.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 20
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Who plates BBQ like this? I am fucking speechless LOL

That thumbnail for the video just kills me

• 1Supertaster

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Who plates BBQ like this? I am fucking speechless LOL

That thumbnail for the video just kills me

Because they're asian? Why do you think Lanx moved to Kansas, he's obviously a chicom sent to steal our BBQ secrets

• 1WTF

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm in full blown Asian experimentation mode. Just throwing various amounts of fish sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, rice vinegar, chili paste into different dishes. Nothing has disappointed me yet.

asian chicken and cucumber salad.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Behold my experiments. Savory almond flour kimchi pancake and jalapeno sauce. Pro tip put some yogurt in almond flour batter to make them fluffier.

Still trying to get the nice golden color right with this stuff tho.

Maybe add a little bit of sugar to help with the color. I'd say a couple teaspoons to a tablespoon depending on how big your batches are. For pizza crust I usually add 3 tablespoons to 4 cups of flour, but some of that sugar also gets eaten by the yeast.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
I'm in full blown Asian experimentation mode. Just throwing various amounts of fish sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, rice vinegar, chili paste into different dishes. Nothing has disappointed me yet.

I add some brown sugar, garlic and onion as well. Can't go wrong with these combos.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I add some brown sugar, garlic and onion as well. Can't go wrong with these combos.

Yeah I've been adding garlic and regular sugar. Think that helps with the nice grill marks. I'll try brown sugar instead.