Gravy's Cooking Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It isn't hard to make.

If you would have asked me this morning if I would spend part of the day reading polishhousewife.com I probably would have said that it was unlikely.

• 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
let this be a lesson into what it means cutting across the grain vs cutting along the grain

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Thank God they don't show board breaking karate much anymore. I had multiple hand injuries as a young boy trying to do that shit when I didn't know it was all a scam.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Friend of mine in HS once had me hold a scrap piece of tile to karate chop in half….

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Was talking to a neighbor the other day, and he said HEB had snow crab half off at $12 lb. Went and picked managed to get 6lbs from the last case they had in stock. Got 4 whole crabs and a couple of lbs of legs and claws marked down to $9 after talking to the seafood manager. Apparently was the only sale they've done on crab in like 2 years.

Did everything on the grill with some fruit wood pellets. Old bay, beer, and butter. Haven't made crab in ages, and we were very happy with the results.

IMG_20220922_185009200_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220922_193446198.jpg

IMG_20220922_195457696_HDR.jpg

• 4Like
  • 2Quality Calories
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Damn, that's a good deal.
Yeah no kidding. Had they had more available, I'd have loaded up even more and just vacuum packed everything. I found out about the sale a little late and I guess everybody else realized how good of a deal it was.

We've got leftovers for this evening, so two crabs and all of the accompaniments get us two meals. So I've at least got four or five meals more for the two of us. For 70 bucks or so, I'm happy. It was a really nice treat.

Tells me though I need to go down towards Galveston on a weekend and just do some hardcore crabbing, and catch a bunch of blue tips. Problem is I'd probably spend more in gas than just buying them out right.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
It's certainly not as awesome as that crab deal, but just happened to walk by the sausage section at the grocery today and our usual brand was apparently getting discontinued. $6.59 sausages for $1.99 a piece. Cleared the rack, saved about $100 across about a month's worth of sausage. Feels so nice actually having a freezer I have room to store shit in.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah no kidding. Had they had more available, I'd have loaded up even more and just vacuum packed everything. I found out about the sale a little late and I guess everybody else realized how good of a deal it was.

We've got leftovers for this evening, so two crabs and all of the accompaniments get us two meals. So I've at least got four or five meals more for the two of us. For 70 bucks or so, I'm happy. It was a really nice treat.

Tells me though I need to go down towards Galveston on a weekend and just do some hardcore crabbing, and catch a bunch of blue tips. Problem is I'd probably spend more in gas than just buying them out right.
You could get crabs faster by going to Austin.

• 2Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
It's certainly not as awesome as that crab deal, but just happened to walk by the sausage section at the grocery today and our usual brand was apparently getting discontinued. $6.59 sausages for $1.99 a piece. Cleared the rack, saved about $100 across about a month's worth of sausage. Feels so nice actually having a freezer I have room to store shit in.
have you met juanita? ya'll be sistas
27135b5a0203ceed5ce81f2b57b4c2cd.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
have you met juanita? ya'll be sistas
In the evening people wait around for those chickens to be restocked. Juanita is probably a bad ass and had to kill or maim at least 5 people to fill up her cart like that.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
In the evening people wait around for those chickens to be restocked. Juanita is probably a bad ass and had to kill or maim at least 5 people to fill up her cart like that.
can't you call dibs? my publix lets me call dibs on fried chicken and writes my name down

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Hell that's a great deal. Sausage has jumped up big time, but I guess everything has. What brand is it?

I used to always buy Burton Sausage Company, hell I've been to their building in Burton, but I think they went out of business due to covid.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Hell that's a great deal. Sausage has jumped up big time, but I guess everything has. What brand is it?

I used to always buy Burton Sausage Company, hell I've been to their building in Burton, but I think they went out of business due to covid.

Nothing special, just those packages of Al fresco chicken sausage. I throw them on top of some rice and beans regularly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user