Gravy's Cooking Thread

too much work, lots of ins and outs and watching over the food.

i'll take the beer can chicken approach..
ins and outs!?

I love this meal and I make it pretty often. 1 cut up whole chicken + one cast-iron pan + vegetables. What're the ins and outs??

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Ruined bark or no, it still sounds like some pretty strong leftovers to me.
Agreed. I just put leftover pulled pork in some tinfoil with a little bit of butter and pop it in the oven. Still tasty as shit.

monnoh

Golden Squire
I need some advice. Yesterday I made stuffed chicken breast for the first time (stuffed it with goat cheese and wrapped it in parma ham), it was damn tasty. Now I'm hooked and looking for other things to stuff chicken breast with. Anyone got a good recipe?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Chicken Keiv is similar. Technically not the same, it's a cutlet rolled around some butter, breaded, and deep fried. Essentially the same result.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I need some advice. Yesterday I made stuffed chicken breast for the first time (stuffed it with goat cheese and wrapped it in parma ham), it was damn tasty. Now I'm hooked and looking for other things to stuff chicken breast with. Anyone got a good recipe?
I had spinach and some cheese/cream-cheese/sour-cream mixture this weekend (and wrapped with bacon). It was pretty good.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Just about any cheese will be good in a chicken boob. Add some bell peppers, super yum. I also like sun dried tomatoes with a strong cheese like gorgonzola in a stuffed chicken boob - reserve some of the cheese, and make a sauce to pour over the dish when you're done. magical.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
So I'm sitting here eating a ham loaf sandwich, thinking that I've never seen another outside of my mom's family.

Anyone else ever had or made ham loaf? Basically a meat loaf with half ground beef and half ground ham with a sweet mustard glaze.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like someone tried to make deviled ham, ran out of ham halfway through, and then motivation shortly after.

I've had deviled ham often as a kid. I don't think I would eat it again now that I think of it. Your concoction doesn't sound that great either.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sounds like someone tried to make deviled ham, ran out of ham halfway through, and then motivation shortly after.

I've had deviled ham often as a kid. I don't think I would eat it again now that I think of it. Your concoction doesn't sound that great either.
So you think half beef, half pork is a bad combination?

Black_Death

Golden Knight of the Realm
And so it begins...
rrr_img_81152.jpg

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I've had deviled ham although I wouldn't purposely eat it again but I have never heard of mixing it with ground beef and it doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Deviled ham isn't baked though, is it?
You are correct! Perhaps not that close to deviled ham, just the closest analogue I could think of, I guess. Still, ground ham doesn't sound that appetizing. What does it add over a regular meatloaf?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Actually, when I think of it as a hammy meat loaf it sounds pretty good. I can't see a little saltiness and smokiness doing any harm to your average meatloaf. In fact I put prosciutto into my fancy schmancy meat loaf which wouldn't be much different.