Grim Dawn

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Lol! While I have a feeling that dude is trolling, passive builds were both affective and popular in Titan Quest. I levelled a defence+warrior build in that game that used just three active skills, one of which I only used on bosses and rares.

Edit: my current conjurer pet build uses three pets, two toggle skills and three active skills, one used only on bosses. I mostly just use my mouse. :)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I just use my mouse but my mouse also has number keys on the side :p

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finished up Act 6 of Malmouth yesterday on Veteran, I enjoyed the expansion overall, reasonably difficult. Then I started up Elite at lvl 60....wow....I could just rush through everything and let my pets clean up behind me. I was able to rip right through Act 1 and 2, making sure to pick up the Shrines of course.

I'm really surprised how easy Elite is so far. Mind you, I did come in with most resistances at 80%+ on Vet so the -25% for Elite was not too bad.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Elite was always a drop, mostly because act 1 and 2 are a lot easier than act 3 and 4, and yeah it's even more of a drop now compared to expansion zones. It's a pretty common theme with arpgs, in PoE back before they added act 5-10, going from act 4 to act1 was always a joke because act1 mobs are like a lot of zombies and slow melee mobs and shit so you kinda just went right through it like butter while act4 was a lot of ranged mobs, leapers and all the usual kind of shit. D2 and D3 were the same.

Last difficulty does have a less noticeable jump though once you're fighting elites and champions and shit because of the much larger penalty to resists if you're not capped and even when you're capped shit starts hitting hard, but it's still easier to do act1 than act6 in elite.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raign

Golden Squire
Finished up Act 6 of Malmouth yesterday on Veteran, I enjoyed the expansion overall, reasonably difficult. Then I started up Elite at lvl 60....wow....I could just rush through everything and let me pets clean up behind me. I was able to rip right through Act 1 and 2, making sure to pick up the Shrines of course.

I'm really suprised how easy Elite is so far. Mind you, I did come in with most resistances at 80%+ on Vet so the -25% for Elite was not too bad.

Honestly I found the difficulty of normal Malmouth to be on par or higher than even late game Expert and likewise from expert -> Ultimate. Malmouth just hits you with so many resist checks versus most of the 'classic' areas and seems to have a lot more ground effects giving you plenty of chances to kill yourself standing the fire. After 400 hours in game, I still love it and play it coop with a buddy all the time so I am super stoked they have not shelved it and are coming out with another expansion.

• 1Like

Evernothing

Two new enemy types for Forgotten Gods announced.

Grim Misadventure #134: Sand Threats - Grim Dawn Forums

sandc.jpg
scara.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I just bought the god damn expansion a week ago! /rage!!

• 1Worf

Evernothing

I just moved on to Ultimate for the first time. Lvl 70.

Holy smokes, The Sentinel and Larria the Hexxer were hard in Elite.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Ive been itching to play an ARPM so ive come back to this wonderful game. If anyone wants to start a new build(s) today message me here or on steam yo.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Just bought this game on the Halloween Steam sale. I had just recently found Titan Quest, which while a great game, some of the little things like inventory management, no 2h weapons and few pieces of gear for your character really bugged me. Grim Dawn is everything Titan Quest was lacking. Incredible game so far. I'm being taken back to my days of playing D2 for days on end.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just bought this game on the Halloween Steam sale. I had just recently found Titan Quest, which while a great game, some of the little things like inventory management, no 2h weapons and few pieces of gear for your character really bugged me. Grim Dawn is everything Titan Quest was lacking. Incredible game so far. I'm being taken back to my days of playing D2 for days on end.
There's an expansion too, and another one coming by the end of the year(tentatively, might be pushed back early next year the way it's going). It's definitely a nice game although some things are kinda meh. One great thing they're finally adding next expansion are movement skills, real ones. Currently this only has targetted charge systems, and 25%movespeed cap so it feels slow at times, but they're adding some movement skills to make it more speedy which should be nice.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There's an expansion too, and another one coming by the end of the year(tentatively, might be pushed back early next year the way it's going). It's definitely a nice game although some things are kinda meh. One great thing they're finally adding next expansion are movement skills, real ones. Currently this only has targetted charge systems, and 25%movespeed cap so it feels slow at times, but they're adding some movement skills to make it more speedy which should be nice.

The expansion is Q1 2019.

I’m stoked for it though, looks awesome, and the random elements to it should keep farming from getting stale.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The expansion is Q1 2019.

I’m stoked for it though, looks awesome, and the random elements to it should keep farming from getting stale.
Ah it was Q4 2018 last time I checked makes sense though. And yeah adding basically Diablo rifts to it sounds nice, new class, new items, movement skills, it looks solid. Only thing I hope is they unfuck the leveling a bit, having to do stuff 3 times is pretty meh, especially the whole shrines for constellations.

Argarth

On the verandah
I wish that combat, melee in particular, felt a lot more "impactful". I know that word gets overused a bit, but it feels spongy, sluggish, and just not immediate or forceful enough for my tastes. May be a limitation of the engine, which would be a real shame, as there are so many other things about the game that I really like. The combat gets to me in the end and I lose interest.

The changes to movement sounds like great news, and agree with Pyros Pyros that there needs to be a way to bypass some of the re-leveling, especially when experimenting with builds and gear variations is such a large part of the game.

It's probably been said before, but if I could have this game dropped into the D3 engine, I would probably play it forever.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ah it was Q4 2018 last time I checked makes sense though. And yeah adding basically Diablo rifts to it sounds nice, new class, new items, movement skills, it looks solid. Only thing I hope is they unfuck the leveling a bit, having to do stuff 3 times is pretty meh, especially the whole shrines for constellations.

Agree with leveling, three times is tedious. I’d be fine with two I guess, or even just once. They have the scaling ability, not sure why they can’t just scale the entire game to your level from the beginning.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Are shrine locations random or set? I'm just curious what happens if you miss one.

And how does the scaling work in this game? It seems like dungeons scale with you but the outside world doesn't?

I was just reading about the new expansion and having a paladin type class will be sweet. They are always my favorite.