Grim Dawn

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I did the first zone of Forgotten Gods on normal/veteran but some of the dialogue/story made me think i'm going to want to finish the progression with the rest of the game, specifically some of the factions, before I do it =/.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I did the first zone of Forgotten Gods on normal/veteran but some of the dialogue/story made me think i'm going to want to finish the progression with the rest of the game, specifically some of the factions, before I do it =/.

FG seems a bit harder. I haven’t tried it on normal or elite, only ultimate. My first character got there and I remember it being a bit tedious without already having good gear. The last two playthroughs were easy since I was equipping legendaries as soon as I hit 84/94.

New patch has been raining gear. The shrines are a nice addition to pump up the non skeleton key areas a bit.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the shrines were a great addition, makes the normal progression through the acts a lot more loot filled rather than loot farming later on.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
One of the many things I love about this game. Been playing the hell out of it.

FoG.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
There are 3 of those, I think. I've found 2 of them so far (think variations are Shield, Buckler, and something else?).

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
In case some of you new people don’t know, each difficulty has the “totally normal shield” items in the same spot. Upgraded version for each difficulty.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just started this game the other day. Playing some variant on the captain America build. Mainly just seeing what happens. Such a slower pace though.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The movement being slower and not one shotting everything on screen was pretty jarring after PoE but the lack of having to be an ADD monkey and move every half a second or die provides a decent counter to it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

It’s been at least two years, maybe three, since I played a d3 league so maybe it was as slow.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Never played D3. GD is pretty close to what I would’ve expected as a sequel to D2 though, the van helsing vibe nonwithstanding. Still a very similar in overall ambiance.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Never played D3. GD is pretty close to what I would’ve expected as a sequel to D2 though, the van helsing vibe nonwithstanding. Still a very similar in overall ambiance.

Having played both GD feels more like a sequel to D2 than D3 does.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm gonna have to give GD another go, Ive owned it for years and played it for maybe an hour.
You really should.

This game starts out a bit slow but really picks up when you advance into the acts. I've got over 1200 hours into it and still can't get enough. The graphics are mediocre but the skill trees, devotion tree and massive amounts of equipment makes gearing up so much fun. When you get to ultimate difficulty, you have to be pretty meticulous on how you allocate skills and use components with your gear to balance offense and defense.

I'd highly recommend a nightblade/arcanist cold based shadow strike build. Lots of fun to play and does incredible damage as you gear up.

I can't say enough about this game.

Caeden

So my experience was that you really take a long ass time to kill boss mobs. I’m very early, but yeah.

I’m doing aegis of throwing shield whatever using oathkeeper/nightblade and stacking acid damage. I lifted it off of some YouTube.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
You really should.

This game starts out a bit slow but really picks up when you advance into the acts. I've got over 1200 hours into it and still can't get enough. The graphics are mediocre but the skill trees, devotion tree and massive amounts of equipment makes gearing up so much fun. When you get to ultimate difficulty, you have to be pretty meticulous on how you allocate skills and use components with your gear to balance offense and defense.

I'd highly recommend a nightblade/arcanist cold based shadow strike build. Lots of fun to play and does incredible damage as you gear up.

I can't say enough about this game.
Pretty much this. I can't believe I didn't try this game much sooner. I guess I was so tied up with other ARPGs that I never bothered to try it. Only real gripe I have with this game and it's minor for me is the lack of a true multiplayer and chat. There's no server you can connect to chat and play with other players. I believe it's peer to peer. Again I don't really group that often but at times I would like to do a party. I mainly play solo and this game leans towards a SSF playstyle. Also the design layout of Malmouth is pure cancer. I hate hate hate it.

Anyone wanting to try this here is a list of builds. There are so many to choose from and there is a beginners section.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So my experience was that you really take a long ass time to kill boss mobs. I’m very early, but yeah.

I’m doing aegis of throwing shield whatever using oathkeeper/nightblade and stacking acid damage. I lifted it off of some YouTube.

You on Veteran? It makes a big difference in mob toughness (for 10% more exp and more heroes so more loot). I did the same class but went DW Melee and was melting shit, but didn't do Veteran.