Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
What if it's Loki? Imagine the nerdgasms from the loki creeps.
This was my idea from the start, if only because it would be fucking hilarious.

Or Heimdall.

"My dad was a black viking god? WTF were you thinking mom?"

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
* Mom said he was Angelic looking, "being of light".

* Yandu thinks he's a jackass.

* He hired the Ravagers to retrieve him.

* Ancient and rare race.

That's the 4 most direct clues we have. Well, and "not the dad from the comics", though I'm pretty sure the dad in the comics actually got changed once to the J'son space prince guy from "Emperor Jason". So maybe it's still one of them...

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
* Mom said he was Angelic looking, "being of light".
She also told Peter he looked just like him. He may have the ability to change forms or she might be describing him materializing or emerging from some sort of portal or spacecraft.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm voting Silver Surfer :p

Seriously, I assumed it was just some unnamed cosmic being and we would never know.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Can the Infinty gems be used for time travel?

Sr8TLjF.jpg

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can the Infinty gems be used for time travel?

Sr8TLjF.jpg
Do you think you could have taken the three seconds to google infinity gems to see that there is a Time gem?

Allows the user total control over the past, present and future. Allows time travel, can age and de-age beings and also be used as a weapon by trapping enemies or entire universes in unending loops of time. Also at full potential grants Omniscience.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Infinity Gems are like the one thing in comics that make latern corps Power Rings look fair and balanced.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Saw the film. Was OK. I think I'm just tired of origin stories at this point. Nothing particularly stuck out as bad, just a few... oddities. The whole infinity stone sequence just sorta happened and you're like 'oh, yea I guess it does that if you just hold it or whatever?' I think I'm most disappointed that there was maybe one scene each where they actually did anything because it was so diluted. That and the Nova Corps seemed like a joke. I didn't mind the humor, but some of the dialogue at times sort of undermined any seriousness of the plot - for example pretty much the whole Glen Close/Step Brothers dude dialogue scene before the invasion.

Eh, wasn't bad. Just needed more oomph, hopefully the second one will deliver since it won't be YAOS.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah they really spent a lot of time on their backstories and origins. Hours of flashbacks and exposition.

The only origin in the film was Star Lord in the first 3 minutes, everything else came together organically. Or do you just consider any dialogue related to a character to be "origin story" ?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's absolutely right, the film was all about the origins of The Guardians of the Galaxy.
It's a movie about a team. In the first 20 minutes of the movie they were completely assembled. Origin done. It's not like we're watching Peter Parker get bit by a spider, again. We didn't get some movie dedicated to how they got their powers and motivations, we got a space adventure. Fuck, if anything it had less cliched team building crap than Avengers, which had individual movies for all the characters building up to it.

YAOS, which is fucking retarded on it's own, is an extra retarded way to describe this movie.

/weirdestboner.jpg
khnvthlrgsc_by_lady_narven-d6012qz.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
As many said starlord's origin was a 3minute "UP" wtf scene, transition to kicking lizard aliens.

gamora's origin simplified to rocket calling her the henchman of a homicidal maniac

drax's origin is some guy saying you're drax the destroyer, then he killed muh family, now i kill his

rocket's origin was a monologue after a few beers

and groot is groot, who cares

it is the best way to tell an origin story about characters no one needs to know an origin about or even cares, and just wants to see some cool shit.

you know why spiderman 2 was good? cuz all of fucking spiderman 1 was an origin movie

the dark knight rises, because batman begins dealt with all that boring ass bat shit.

like someone else said, Avengers 2012 needed a separate movie per hero in order for you to get to know the whole damn misfunctional team of idiots.

GotG was great, they said fuck origin story, you want an origin story, go pick up rocket racoon 1-4 or starlord 1-4 or ask the fucking IT guy, here eat some action and fun instead.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I have to disagree, they really weren't a team and did anything together until the very last sequence. They were just shoved together by plot until the end and then by that time there really wasn't much to be done except one quick scene of each being a badass. Avengers was similar in some respects except they were already kicking ass from the beginning, they just got outplayed by Loki. GoG just fought each other, got caught, were forced to work to escape and tried to screw each other until finally the end. Sure it's not all personal backstory, but it's not like they were even a thing until the end of the movie. They were tripping over each other for the first two thirds of the movie.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If it were an origin story it would have told in detail where everyone came from, how and why. Like Spidermans, Like Iron Mans, Like Thors...you know, like every other Origin story.

We didn't see Peter growing up with the Ravagers, getting his implants and for what reasons, how he honed his skills and why, we didn't see Gramora's rise to power, we didn't see Drax's family get killed setting him out on his mission to kill, we didn't see Rocket get created...and Groot, they flat out tell you no one knows (other than the collector) what he is.

This is a story about a group who were working together from the very beginning. They all have different reasons and goals, but they were still working together. From the point they were all arrested, they were actively working together....which happens in what, the first 20 minutes?

This is nothing like an Origin story.