Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Iron Man 2 is the origin story for Black Widow. Iron Man 3 is the origin story for the fake Mandarin and the fake fake Mandarin

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought Iron man 3 was the creation of ultron with all AI suits he made pretty much

Devlin

Golden Squire
Infinity Gems are like the one thing in comics that make latern corps Power Rings look fair and balanced.
Not really the same thing, power rings are a dime a dozen. Only 6 infinity gems and they all do different things with the whole point being if you collect them all you basically become god.

Earlier today or yesterday on Reddit they had a photo of the synopsis for Vision and Ultron from a toy box or something. Ultron's origin is slightly different than I was expecting but no much.

Avengers was obviously a movie showcasing the origin of the movie universe's team. Sometimes like with GotG you don't need a character by character origin story. They're a bunch of aliens and a kid brought up by aliens, if you need more than that you're retarded.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ya'll are being a little too critical of what I said. I said it wasn't a bad movie, just that I felt it was particularly slow from a plot perspective and that the dialogue, while funny, was misplaced and sort of undermined whatever plot was left. Basically it isn't until the tail end of the movie (the Collector scene) that you even fully realize what the stone is or why it's important and then it immediately gets jacked and THEN the movie really starts.

The rest could be played to Benny Hill music. Not that it was bad action, but really, Groot did something badass maybe once at the end, Rocket barely shot anybody (except with the space ship), Gamora's highlights were slapping goons around until the end where she gets in a battle with her sister which cuts over for a few seconds every minute, Drax just punches people until the end where he finally starts stabbing some dudes (and gets his ass kicked by the blue dude who wasn't Thanos) and Star Lord is like a weak version of the Rocketeer until the end where he palms a purple stone and laser beams the blue dude.

None of it was particularly offensive, but it also wasn't Ironman IMO. Especially since I watched it after Winter Soldier which was particularly good and took plain Jane Cap to a respectable level. Keep in mind I have no idea who the GoG are outside of the movie and random ramblings on the forum. I get some people enjoy them based on their potential vs actual scenes in the movie, but for instance the Nova Corps were completely worthless and I'm guessing they aren't in the comics...

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I get some people enjoy them based on their potential vs actual scenes in the movie, but for instance the Nova Corps were completely worthless and I'm guessing they aren't in the comics...
Troll? Nova corps are huge. I just wish the Annihilators were not owned by fox. SS, and Glads of course.

Devlin

Golden Squire
What made the movie great is that they took an absolutely obscure IP and made an old School family friendly adventure movie out of it.

There hasn't been decent movie in that genre in fuck knows how long.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Wasn't Stan Lee hired a couple of years after Marvel was created?
No. Marvel used to be called Timely Comics which was created in 1939. Stan started working there a few weeks after it was created as an assistant. It was rebranded as Marvel comics much later (1960's) when Stan Lee was already a head writer. The actual history of it is pretty interesting.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
No. Marvel used to be called Timely Comics which was created in 1939. Stan started working there a few weeks after it was created as an assistant. It was rebranded as Marvel comics much later (1960's) when Stan Lee was already a head writer. The actual history of it is pretty interesting.
image.php

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Troll? Nova corps are huge. I just wish the Annihilators were not owned by fox. SS, and Glads of course.
In the movie they were huge? They were little bitches that got manhandled by the GoG and then the rogue Kree dude. Then at the end all their sparkly 'star' ships blew up because, I guess, you can't disconnect once you are part of the force field or something? I dunno, Glen Close whining to the Kree and the step brothers dude acting 'not sure if retarded?' didn't help either.

Like I said, I'm not sure what they are in the comics really, but I'm guessing they aren't as worthless as in the movie, provided they were in more than one issue.

Homsar

you really didnt pay attention. The ships blew up from the stone in his hammer, the stone that destroys planets, how did the nova corp get man handled by the guardians?

Devlin

Golden Squire
you really didnt pay attention. The ships blew up from the stone in his hammer, the stone that destroys planets, how did the nova corp get man handled by the guardians?
They looked very ineffective in the prison scene.

Granted there probably may not have been any Nova Corps there but to the average person watching they would appear to be part of the same outfit.

Putting their only fight vs someone with the power gem also not a good way to build them up.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well, the ones he hit with the blast did... but they just all sorta chain exploded after that for... reasons? It was like a minute later they were showing the outer edge of the net exploding...

They were completely ineffective in the prison, though again, no idea what their 'structure' is because they were generic police in the movie, maybe they were just peons or something.

Homsar

anything conected the stone will destroy pretty much, second that wasnt the nova corp as prison guards