Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yes because magical stone laser that blasts apart some ships in the middle logically should magically slowly transmit destruction through magical yellow web field between star ships.

And also, I missed the part where Glen Close explained that Nova Corps uses corporate prisons in Space New Mexico.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So the fact that all this has to be explained on forums to excuse it means... ?
Explained on the forums? They said it in the movie when they said all living things that touch/connect where the stone hits would be destroyed which is why it was imparative he didn't make it to the planets surface.

Fuck, they even gave a visual aid for you when the collector was explaining what the gem was capable of.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
no one needed to have the movie waste fucking time explaining the obvious, shit like the prison guards not being nova corp would have been stupid. on top of that i think rocket even explained the kyln prison

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
no one needed to have the movie waste fucking time explaining the obvious, shit like the prison guards not being nova corp would have been stupid. on top of that i think rocket even explained the kyln prison
But that's the thing...they DID explain it. And yes, Rocket explains it that the prison they are in are run by some of the most corrupt Nova Corps around.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Some of the Nova Corps ships were actually crushed by The Dark Astor. That's how Saul died. I just assumed while watching it that when some of the ships were blown up, it weakened the overall force field enough that they were no longer protected well enough to withstand it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Some of the Nova Corps ships were actually crushed by The Dark Astor. That's how Saul died. I just assumed while watching it that when some of the ships were blown up, it weakened the overall force field enough that they were no longer protected well enough to withstand it.
yes

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I've never read any GotG stuff but I thought that was all pretty obvious, especially with the explanations they give in the movie :p

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Gunn might've rustled some jimmies with one or two of these... especially saying it wasn't Adam Warlock's cocoon. Could just be lying though.

Gunn Clarifies Drax Commentary - Comic Book Resources

• Gunn on Drax calling Gamora a whore:I know some of you don't like Drax calling Gamora a whore. But he heard people saying that to her in the Kyln. So don't blame him, blame me... Because that's what they called her in the Kyln and that's what he thinks she is.
  • On the hardest scene to write:This Thanos scene was hard. People read an interview with me saying Thanos talking about how difficult he was to put in the movie. They seemed to take it to mean that I didn't want him in the movie and Marvel did. But I CHOSE to have him in the film. Kevin at one point wanted to take him out. But I didn't want to lose the connection to the Avengers since more people would see the movie. I also like Thanos. But he was difficult because he made the relationships to the other characters so difficult and more complicated - and he served future stories more than this one.
  • On why Peter Quill's mother calls him Star-Lord:She calls him that because of his father
  • On Ronan's final words to Drax:I don't think Ronan really remembers Drax's family, I just think he's being a dick.
  • On Nebula's final fate:Sometimes people are confused what happens to Nebula. She looks down for something to fall on, allows herself to fall on a Ravager craft, and takes out the Goth Ravager inside and flies away, leaving everyone to deal with this shit themselves, because she's stopped caring. She will be back.
  • On Seth Green's role as the voice of Howard the Duck:Yeah, I called Seth and asked him if he wanted to do something very secret and he said yes. I see Seth all the time.
  • On whether or not we see Adam Warlock's cocoon:It's not Adam's cocoon
  • On the dirtiest joke in the movie:The Jackson Pollock line was something I said on set and asked Chris to say. We only filmed it one time. People thought we were wasting time on set, because nothing that dirty would ever make it into the film.
  • On Yondu's original fate:In the original script (that I wrote) Rocket had a little bomb in this scene. At the end Quill put it in the Orb when he gave it to Yondu. And, as Yondu flew away at the very end, his whole ship exploded!! A lot of people were really upset when I took that out of the script, but I had a feeling that people would like Yondu too much for that.
  • On whether he would direct a "Guardians"-centric episode of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.":Probably not no
  • On his future Marvel plans:I knew what gotg2 was essentially going to be about halfway through shooting. I basically have plans for three other stories connected to Guardians if I stay with marvel that long.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Im confused, I thought before he had already confirmed it was Adam Warlock? Oh well, still doesn't bother me really.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't give a shit about the cocoon or whatever it is, but has anyone checked on Vvoid since this came out? I'm not sure he can handle this news after the mild disappointment of Man of Steel.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
[*]On his future Marvel plans:I knew what gotg2 was essentially going to be about halfway through shooting. I basically have plans for three other stories connected to Guardians if I stay with marvel that long.
The cocoon not being Adam's is small potatoes, particularly if this ends up becoming reality. Give that man his money.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don't give a shit about the cocoon or whatever it is, but has anyone checked on Vvoid since this came out? I'm not sure he can handle this news after the mild disappointment of Man of Steel.
I am using the Baby Steps method, and it seems to be working, but I may need the support of my bros to get me through this. I do hope that he's a lying faggot though.

Now, if someone teases a Beta Ray Bill appearance and then yanks that one out from under me, I might have to be placed under suicide watch.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Thor's just gonna meet up with GoTG at some point and just have a drinking contest with Beta Ray Bill at a space bar or something...

...though I'd kinda like that.

Fadaar

That guy
I really hope Tony Stark is part of one of the GOTG sequels. Downey Jr. and Chris Pratt together is a terrifying combo along with the amount of snarky comments he can make about... well everyone else in the group. Tony Stark messing with Drax would be comedic gold.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
How 'Guardians of the Galaxy' helped a child speak - CNN.com

wtf, such a positive story

btw a recent cute way of Groots origin
rrr_img_108440.jpg
rrr_img_108441.jpg

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Got into a huge chain thread on Facebook tonight started by a friend who inks for DC comics tonight. It led me to rewatch this after easily more than a year of seeing it. Fucking fantastic, and I would say the best Marvel has done so far, even up against the newest stuff. Sorry for the necro, but its fucking awesome before you even add the soundtrack in.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for Necro bump. The first couple of pages are now pure gold.

Bautista!?! What the fuck. This looks retarded. That raccoon will fail hard.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user