dude is fucking badass
warning, this is klan levels of racism!

HEOJs.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Why is it so important to share your thoughts with everyone?

You're going to say something stupid eventually.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Saddest part about that is its not really racist, at its core, and some of the music in Songs of the South is incredible. But no one will ever here it black early American music) because Disney is trying to Thanos that shit out of existence.

Few realize Song of the South won an oscar for one song and was nominated for the entire score. Even fewer today have any idea when they ride Splash Mountain that it is based on Song of the South.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I've tried to defend Gunn every which was possible because I believe he's good for the MCU but some of that stuff just simply doesn't need to be said. I don't care if it was in jest or served as some sort of creative outlet for him, it was simply sick in some cases and completely poor taste.

With that being said.... I don't see how you can hire a guy and two movies (and a number of consultations with other movies) later, you decide to discover this stuff? I know that no probably went look for it at the time or whatever, but how can this not come up shortly after his announcement with GotG1? or before 2? We are more than a decade into some of this stuff and now, we are here. Shame for him. Disney set a precedence and they have to follow through I guess but some of that stuff, you can't defend.

As far as Rooker... what a dumb comment. If you don't have enough sense to act like a professional in the public eye, switching social platforms will get you no where. You get paid millions upon millions of dollars and the sacrifice you have to make is to not look like an insensitive fool in public. Surely they can handle that...

I don't know if they can find anyone as good as Gunn has been for the franchise but maybe Star Wars is desperate enough that he can go play in that world as a 2nd chance (and punishment) lol

spronk

FPS noob
You do know Disney owns both Marvel and Star Wars, right? Also once Disney acquires Fox at the end of this week they will own 40% of the domestic box office, which means anyone blacklisted from Disney is out of a big chunk of movies and TV now.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well shit. I definitely agree that those tweets are at the bare minimum dumb, and it is entirely likely that there's some truth to him being a pedo, so I'm not arguing that he got what he deserved.

But now my chances of actually seeing a good adaptation of Adam Warlock are circling the drain. I mean, it's Disney and one of their most successful franchises so they'll have their pick of good directors, but this is so bad that they might even scrap whatever script-work or plot outlining he might have done. I seem to remember him being pretty involved in the scripts, but maybe I'm wrong about that and they have someone else writing it all and the story itself won't change much. I'm sure I could do some research and find out, but I prefer to just piss and moan for a little bit first!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
You do know Disney owns both Marvel and Star Wars, right? Also once Disney acquires Fox at the end of this week they will own 40% of the domestic box office, which means anyone blacklisted from Disney is out of a big chunk of movies and TV now.

Yup... It was an attempt at humor in saying something snarky about Kennedy/Star Wars and that being a punishment.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider

Gunn can circle up with Louis CK and Harvey Weinstein and form a new studio. Kevin Spacey starring in their first movie.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Gunn can circle up with Louis CK and Harvey Weinstein and form a new studio. Kevin Spacey starring in their first movie.

Disgraced Films presents...

From the makers of such hits as:
  • You can't touch me there
  • Pedophiles are people too
  • Gigli

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users