Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this article is entirely based on nobody at disney commenting about Gunn because Iger is on vacation. the rehiring part is pure speculation. i think if Iger was gonna rehire Gunn, he would have sent some kind of message even from his sex resort about it. his silence can be taken as bad news as well. i guarantee that this will all be squashed when a new director is announced. the GotG cast will then say, James who?

here we go, same lack of info with a different headline.
Disney Unlikely to Rehire ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Director James Gunn (EXCLUSIVE)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Nah dude, M. Knight Shyamalan.

Movie would end up with Bruce Willis somehow showing up.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
This would probably be an improvement over GotG 2

The only problem with GotG2 was that it felt small (and maybe a few forced jokes). After how epic the first one was, the newest one felt like a mid-series episode of a television show. It was too self contained

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If whoever directed there bits in IW can make them click, I am sure they will be fine. The secret to that franchise has as much to do with the actors as anything else.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I re-watched GoftG last night.

Fuck it's great, head and shoulders ahead of all the other Marvel films.

Twitter jokes be damned, you've gotta have James Gunn directing these films!!

• 1WTF

Rais

Trakanon Raider
You pedophile apologist. How about you go find some 5 year olds and give James a call to give you a hand?

• 3EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
I re-watched GoftG last night.

Fuck it's great, head and shoulders ahead of all the other Marvel films.

Twitter jokes be damned, you've gotta have James Gunn directing these films!!

While I agree GotG was amazing, GotG2 wasn't worth a second watch for me because the story stunk.

Then I watched Infinity War and realized it was more the actors than Gunn and they just need a non-suck story for GotG3.

I doubt he would have pulled it off. He's been suffering TDS for a while now. It's rots your brain.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I need to go back and watch GotG2 again. I remember thinking there were some odd pacing choices and forced humor, but it was a solid 8/10 for character development and following the same personal growth and development theme established in the first film.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I didn't think the second one was bad at all. Definitely not as good as the first one, but still one of the better Marvel movies.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I don't really get all the hate on GotG2. It's not as good as the first one, but the first one is amazing. There's plenty of room to be not as excellent as GotG and still be a good movie.

• 2Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
2nd one is missing a dance off I guess? I think it's a great movie to rewatch. Shit has everything, Stallone, Mary Poppins, Jack Burton... It's just more of the same as the first with great music, a fantastic cast, and great action.

Bunch of picky mother fuckers in this thread.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Meh. GotG was a dramatic comedy while GotG2 was damn near slapstick, like Ace Ventura 4: Ace in Space. It's one thing to undercut tension with humor to keep things light and it's another thing entirely to gut every single serious scene in a movie and fill it with forced humor. GotG2 is to GotG 1 as the Apocalypse Quicksilver scene is to the DoFP Quicksilver scene, failure to understand what made the original so good so lets just dial it to 11!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Meh. GotG was a dramatic comedy while GotG2 was damn near slapstick, like Ace Ventura 4: Ace in Space. It's one thing to undercut tension with humor to keep things light and it's another thing entirely to gut every single serious scene in a movie and fill it with forced humor. GotG2 is to GotG 1 as the Apocalypse Quicksilver scene is to the DoFP Quicksilver scene, failure to understand what made the original so good so lets just dial it to 11!
that DoFP quicksilver scene may be the greatest sequence ever shot in a comic book film. nothing compares to that.