Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Speaking of DoFP Quicksilver, was he playing Time in a Bottle REALLY fast? I never understood that. I mean, for it to come out at regular speed while he's moving at sub-sonic speeds, must mean he has a great setup that can play seriously quickened recordings.

Fadaar

That guy
It's one of those ignore the details and just enjoy it moments. It's really easy to nitpick everything about the character/scene but fuck it, that shit was great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If he was moving that fast all of his clothes would tear themselves apart/catch on fire. Just imagine that superheroes project a small biokinetic field that allows them to pick up cars instead of just ripping the bumper off, or lets their walkman work normally when they're dilating time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, true enough. The bodies of a car are incredibly weak material. The frame isn't much better. Cars are meant to fall apart anymore because it takes the force of an accident into the car itself as opposed to the passengers.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
GotG2 was clearly better (mild sarcasm) for ONE scene alone:

"Tell him the name of the man who sealed his fate: Taserface!"
"cccc....Bwahahahahaha!"

Great shit haha

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Why would they use a different script? Aren't they 4-5 months away from starting filming?

If they did use Gunn's script then they've got to pay him, It's about the money, upfront, also revenue from box office, home entertainment releases Blu-Ray + streaming etc.

So not using his script, firing him ( which I figure would have to be written into a modern Marvel / Disney contract fine print re: employees to maintain / uphold the Disney image ) firing him means totally cutting him out of the money from the film.

Screamfeeder could probably give better details.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
he wont quit, he is under contract and all those savage disney jew lawyers would eat him alive. Gunn wont be rehired and no other movie company is scooping him up either. not even Sony Pictures. and they cant touch Gunn's script, besides paying him, his name would also be included in the credits. that would look bad.

Goonsquad Officer
GotG2 was clearly better (mild sarcasm) for ONE scene alone:

"Tell him the name of the man who sealed his fate: Taserface!"
"cccc....Bwahahahahaha!"

Great shit haha
I freaking loved when yandu was like "HEY YALL, I'M MARY POPPINS!"

If he was moving that fast all of his clothes would tear themselves apart/catch on fire. Just imagine that superheroes project a small biokinetic field that allows them to pick up cars instead of just ripping the bumper off, or lets their walkman work normally when they're dilating time.
I had a friend who loved comics, drawing, and superman above all else. i constantly ragged on superman (because he's a horrible character). anyway I pointed out once that planes weren't designed to be lifted by their hull and he said that they addressed it using that principle. that superman had a field around his body that when he manipulates something it holds together where possible instead of his 10,000 tons of torque ripping chunks out of buildings or smashing holes through the earth.

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
While I agree GotG was amazing, GotG2 wasn't worth a second watch for me because the story stunk.

Then I watched Infinity War and realized it was more the actors than Gunn and they just need a non-suck story for GotG3.

I doubt he would have pulled it off. He's been suffering TDS for a while now. It's rots your brain.

Gunn was brought in to help on Infinity War with all the GotG parts.

Goatface

wonder if too late to kill him off in Infinity War 2?

that superman had a field around his body that when he manipulates something it holds together where possible instead of his 10,000 tons of torque ripping chunks out of buildings or smashing holes through the earth.

think that came around when went with his costume not longer being indestructible
also remember something about while as clark, he had did a micro vibration that made him look different

that all might went away with one of the crisis events

Goonsquad Officer
the comic series, the boys (which is set to be an amazon series i think? ) was kind of an x-rated dark look at super heroes wehrein they behaved like RL athletes/rock stars (bing into drugs, rapists, narcisistic). anyway there was this scene in it where the super hero team "the 7" was set to prevent 9/11. one of them grabbed the door of the plane and pulled it off, and a guy fell out of the plane. they lost cabin pressure. and basicly used their superpowers in ways superheros normally do, only RL doesn't work that way so shit broke. Their plan was to get one of their members to the pilot chair, only they ruined the plane on the way there and it crashed some where else in the city instead. I do hope they keep that in the TV series.

• 1Like

Goatface

marvel seemed to have more main people with powers to hold stuff together
only person in dc i can think of atm is green lantern

as superman said "i live in a world made of cardboard"

Hancock might been best at showing how frail our world would be.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
wonder if too late to kill him off in Infinity War 2?

That would likely be the smart ballsy play for the Mouse, as much as I like Drax. Bautista is probably just sticking up for the dude who gave him his big break and while his loyalty is rare and admirable, you can't defend shit like that in the family entertainment arena. Plus the dude has acting chops (he was amazing in BR2049) so he needs to just stfu and keep milking his cash cow. I am pretty sure the Snap thing puts all of these froggy SJWs cunts into play for being Mark Hamiled out of the franchise, which I am sure has not escaped the thoughts of the Mouse, particularly with how well received IW and its dark ending were. Not only did these idiots pick the wrong hill to die on, their timing could not be worse for this kind of virtue signaling maneuver. As much as it would pain me to see Drax get 86ed, I think a ruthless smack down to set the tone on this shit is just what is needed to get this political bullshit out of entertainment. Trading $$ for tits and violence is much more enjoyable than for feefees and oppression bucks..

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I really don't get the whole you cannot have a GotG movie without Gunn directing. His previous movies he directed are meh.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
If they don't want to use his script it is most likely because they do not want his name attached in anyway they can avoid, They might even end up paying him more to remove his name from the credits if there are existing reasons for it be there in a 3rd movie.

That is my guess.