Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My biggest gripe was probably just cause I missed something.. But ego said he had never met any life before.. and he made himself a human form to go look for life.. how dafuq did he know what humans are??
He was lying.

He went around the galaxy impregnating thousands of women like an Obama-son out on parole.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, you can't trust anything Ego says. His whole motivation was to win Quill to his side. It was only once he thought he had the kid that he was comfortable letting his real personality slip - manifested in telling Quill about his mum.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
FFS.....yuuuge disappointment

So much exposition, so much sappy shit and none of the humour of the 1st movie. Quill's father backstory and his goal....wtf really? Kinda like a gigantic piece of shit fan fiction.
Damn I'm pissed i didn't like the movie.

4/10

Yeah, have to agree. It was like one of those terrible sequels where they focus so much on what worked in the original (groot, random humour) that it ruins it. Such a let down after the first one. The first had it's fair share of plot holes but it was easy to ignore them because it was so damn fun. This one, the holes are just too big to ignore and the humour is too forced or just going for the cheap laughs. Such a shame since I really wanted to enjoy it.

Meh, I thought it was good, if not up to the standard of the first one.

My main complaint was it felt overproduced, rather than the quirkiness of the first one - kind of like the new star wars movie - at every point they go with the least risk option, which makes it disappointingly predictable.

Here are your answers, Mist. From way back before US release.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Saw this last night while tripping and hooolly shit! A++ Would defiantly do again, not sure if would be as good the second time though. Ego's planet was downright beautiful and very moving, even though he was a sick bastard he new how to build an awesome looking planet. KRA! KRA!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd say 6/10

Everything felt forced. The charm of the 1st (soundtrack, Groot, team Dynamics, drax humor) while still good, was definitely heavy handed. For instance, the sound track in the first felt organic and the right choice. With this movie it was very in your face and they constantly referenced it. It felt like they tried to put as many songs as they could.

Drax was still hilarious but again heavy handed. The first was a success with drax because he was so unassuming.

I didn't really enjoy baby Groot at all. It reminded me of my kid, so he was a bit funny but definitely no charm.

The father storyline was very lame.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well am I wrong?

Also one thing that bothered me. When they went through the 700 jumps what the fuck was with the 2001 big eye technology that everyone and their grandmother used to do to their pics. I picarded myself.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any help on watching the 3D? The first film wast great, it was up there with Caroline, Avatar, Kubo. Want to go see again but havnt heard much about if the 3d mattered. First movie with Groot, space, along with music was reallly well done

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw it once in 3D, once in 2D. The 3D was better, but it didn't really subtract from the film seeing the 2D version.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I think it's cool how many practical effects, real sets, and costumes they are still using. With how impressive computer special effects are nowadays, it's hard to tell what's real and what's not when watching the movie. I was surprised to see a lot of practical stuff in that video.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I liked the movie, but it felt like something was missing? I never could put my finger on what it was though. It just seemed off.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I liked the movie, but it felt like something was missing? I never could put my finger on what it was though. It just seemed off.
I just saw it finally, I think the same thing - it was lacking the more natural flow of the first. A lot of the scenes, dialogue, and drive of the 2nd was kind of forced and obvious. Not that it was BAD, it just didn't feel like it really added anything to the characters, which is ironic since the whole story of the movie seemed to be based on character development. Kind of hoping since they got the "family backstory" for most of the cast out of the way, the next appearance can be a bit more natural.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i really loved it, had a great time watching it. i THINK the part that felt "off" though, was that the best parts of the film didn't have much at all to do with the main story arc. drax and mantis were great, but had like... nothing to do with the main story. so there is just this weird juxtaposition of starlord being serious and the others having a good time. i don't think it really detracted at all, but that was my "hmm... this is interesting" take from it

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This movie was so predictable but still liked it. I don't know if it was supposed to be so funny but I laughed a lot and most people in the theater were just quite.