Guild Wars 2

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Couple extremely useful links for people returning

gw2efficiency

Hook your API to that (ArenaNet) and you'll find a ridiculous amount of useful tools and easily accessible account info

Easy to view event timers

Site to help speed up the main daily

Really useful program to help keep track of where your mouse cursor is as the game has a shitload of visual noise. Also works for other programs/windows.
And don't forget

MetaBattle Wiki - MetaBattle Guild Wars 2 Builds

for profession builds.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You have to buy yolomouse now? That shit was free a year ago.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You guys starting fresh?
I'm not, and I don't think anyone else is (maybe Tuco) but with the way level scaling works people can always join in with anyone lower level, and there's always alts. There's zero barriers between friends playing together outside of lowbies not being able to survive higher level pve stuff. PVP is level-agnostic.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm not, and I don't think anyone else is (maybe Tuco) but with the way level scaling works people can always join in with anyone lower level, and there's always alts. There's zero barriers between friends playing together outside of lowbies not being able to survive higher level pve stuff. PVP is level-agnostic.

Guess I will load it up. Give it a try.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I've returned to quite a few games after years of not playing and GW2 is no different. You load in and there is all this bullshit you kinda remember, and a lot more bullshit you don't.

7664cd55cb5b05e95b9b2fb321e60927.gif

Game still looks beautiful though, and the controls feel good. I can't believe how broke I left my character. Then again I probably gave all my $$$ to my friends when I quit.
Dude I can't find my account from 2018 with the expansions, only the one from 2013 without jack shit. Funnily enough i'm responding to you because my last in game mail on that account was from you saying you were kicking me from guild because you haven't seen me in a while. LOL

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Guess I will load it up. Give it a try.

Plenty to do and more challenging at 80 (both stories from both expansions, gliding, mounts, unlocking the flying mount, etc., etc.). If you are worried about learning your class you can play til like 40 then boost but I don't think it's necessary.

Here are some links you need.

MetaBattle Wiki - MetaBattle Guild Wars 2 Builds (Builds)
that_shaman's Guild Wars 2 World Boss Timer (World Boss Timer)

EDIT: You want to try and do two world bosses a day with the 2 bonus chests, after those 2 you don't get any bonuses until the reset (7pm CST).

We been working on story and doing dungeons, world bosses, helping out new friends etc. Quite casual but more people means more dungeons/fractals etc.
To everyone in here we should try to do Tequatl tonight at 7pm for reset. We will need to get to the zone 15 mins early before it fills up. Hit me up if you're interested.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I'll load it up again, I've never group stuff in GW2, outside of the open world stuff.

This game has cost me far too much money in replacement mice and keyboards.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Dude I can't find my account from 2018 with the expansions, only the one from 2013 without jack shit. Funnily enough i'm responding to you because my last in game mail on that account was from you saying you were kicking me from guild because you haven't seen me in a while. LOL
Haha. It's a lot of work trying to close the loop with people in a large guild when you're keeping the roster clean but thinking about people logging in a decade later and being greeted with an old boot message is somehow worth it.

• 1Worf

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
So i just loaded this up and I have so much shit in my inventory and i'm starting to remember doing contract things and how overwhelming all this is haha.

I linked my API to gw2efficiency as @Dom mentioned.

I have 21gold but says my inventory is worth like 800g and my character is worth 2kg without gemstore items. Is that good or bad?

I'm 149 mastery, don't remember what that even means. i'm old.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
So i just loaded this up and I have so much shit in my inventory and i'm starting to remember doing contract things and how overwhelming all this is haha.

I linked my API to gw2efficiency as @Dom mentioned.

I have 21gold but says my inventory is worth like 800g and my character is worth 2kg without gemstore items. Is that good or bad?

I'm 149 mastery, don't remember what that even means. i'm old.
A lot of that real value is mainly materials, my account value is around 8700g, but I have 67g and 800ish "liquid" Rest is mostly unlocks that you can't sell. I have no Idea if the pricing is actually up to date.

Masteries are POI's across the 3 parts of the game, some easy, some take a bit of a puzzle/platforming, can see all the stuff you can spend points on under Character/Hero>Masteries tab

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
A lot of that real value is mainly materials, my account value is around 8700g, but I have 67g and 800ish "liquid" Rest is mostly unlocks that you can't sell. I have no Idea if the pricing is actually up to date.

Masteries are POI's across the 3 parts of the game, some easy, some take a bit of a puzzle/platforming, can see all the stuff you can spend points on under Character/Hero>Masteries tab

Looks like I have Living world Season 4 and Icebrood Saga to finish. I think my gear is good (pink set + orange other items) but need to get my bearings again. Game is so good looking for it's age. Excited to screw around some more.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Looks like I have Living world Season 4 and Icebrood Saga to finish. I think my gear is good (pink set + orange other items) but need to get my bearings again. Game is so good looking for it's age. Excited to screw around some more.
Pink is Ascended which is the top tier of gear, though its main use is for Fractals as it's the only gear that agony resist items can be slotted into. Fractals start requiring agony resist to survive in top end of tier ones. Orange = Exotic which is just a little bit weaker and is much easier to acquire and the default recommended for most content.

Sounds like you're in a good spot gear-wise provided you have stats appropriate for your build

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Got a new raptor skin today. It's not bad aside from a long rainbow streaming out it's ass when I run/jump. 4 dye slots.
gw007.jpg