Guild Wars 2

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Have to admit, I'm holding out hope that we'll see a new race with EoD. There's plenty of perfectly practical reasons why it won't happen, but it would be nice to see something like the tengu or the largos make the roster.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Have to admit, I'm holding out hope that we'll see a new race with EoD. There's plenty of perfectly practical reasons why it won't happen, but it would be nice to see something like the tengu or the largos make the roster.
Can't see Largos due to their wings, unless they introduce some non-winged variant (but then what's the point?)

Tengu would mean that it would have no voice over for any of the story content so far, and would add another two voices to all future production. I can't see them being willing to add such an extra amount of work for something that would not drive expansion sales enough to warrant it.

Sad truth is that the game just isn't profitable enough to make stuff like this feasible. Gliders and Mounts brought them extra revenue sources (skins) on top of being expansion selling points.

Malkav

French Madman
I highly highly doubt we'll ever see another profession, but a monk elite spec is certainly in the picture. The question is which prof would get it though. Guardian or Thief? Even Rev would be a candidate.

With the lack of fist weapons and Thief already having Daredevil with the staff, I'm suspecting staff Warrior elite spec as a monk.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
With the lack of fist weapons and Thief already having Daredevil with the staff, I'm suspecting staff Warrior elite spec as a monk.
I could see it. A monk wearing heavy armor though would be pretty weird (would have been the same with guard, but at least they'd have a theme that fit traditional monk stuff)

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Can't see Largos due to their wings, unless they introduce some non-winged variant (but then what's the point?)

Tengu would mean that it would have no voice over for any of the story content so far, and would add another two voices to all future production. I can't see them being willing to add such an extra amount of work for something that would not drive expansion sales enough to warrant it.

Sad truth is that the game just isn't profitable enough to make stuff like this feasible. Gliders and Mounts brought them extra revenue sources (skins) on top of being expansion selling points.
Yeah; like I said, perfectly reasonable reasons why it won't happen. Would still be cool.

Weirdly enough, from the voice acting perspective, tengu would probably be easier to manage than largos. Take one of the existing voice actor's recordings, slap a filter on them, maybe alter the pitch, and you've got an acceptable tengu voice--and without having to re-record 95% of the player character's voice lines. Largos have the added complication of an accent, so you'd actually need a new voice actor.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
What about dwarves? I'm not into the lore so maybe they're not a possibility, but from a technical perspective they could probably use the same armor and weapon models as the Asura. And would add another shorty race.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
What about dwarves? I'm not into the lore so maybe they're not a possibility, but from a technical perspective they could probably use the same armor and weapon models as the Asura. And would add another shorty race.
The Dwarves turned themselves to stone, and there's only one still around which is the one at the Dermond Priory. There's no relation between them and Cantha as far as I can recall when playing through GW1

Kodan could be a possibility as there's already a combat tonic for them so a decent amount of the animations are already in-place.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Skritt master race.

All run from Skritt

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I unlocked all the LW4 maps, but haven't fully completed the chapters yet. Finished off A Bug in the System, that final fight easily is one of my top rage inducing moments from this game now. Holy fuck I'm still mad. Server seems extra laggy today, so that likely didn't help either.

I tend to get extra pissy with scripting that expects me to run around doing a bunch of shit, meanwhile playing Dance Dance Revolution with a clusterfuck of AOE's.

I think that's why I spread these chapters out, if I grinded all that shit on a weekend, I'd have a stroke for sure.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I unlocked all the LW4 maps, but haven't fully completed the chapters yet. Finished off A Bug in the System, that final fight easily is one of my top rage inducing moments from this game now. Holy fuck I'm still mad. Server seems extra laggy today, so that likely didn't help either.

I tend to get extra pissy with scripting that expects me to run around doing a bunch of shit, meanwhile playing Dance Dance Revolution with a clusterfuck of AOE's.

I think that's why I spread these chapters out, if I grinded all that shit on a weekend, I'd have a stroke for sure.

When PoF released there was a story boss that broke all of my Warrior's armor, died endlessly. Did the same fight a couple days later with my Mesmer and it was a snooze fest, it was over so fast I almost didn't blink. Most fights my Warrior just breezes through while some of my other toons struggle on. Warrior is usually a strong class. Leaving the instance nekid on my Warrior was a GW2 first for me though. I think they nerfed that fight a week or so later.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
When PoF released there was a story boss that broke all of my Warrior's armor, died endlessly. Did the same fight a couple days later with my Mesmer and it was a snooze fest, it was over so fast I almost didn't blink. Most fights my Warrior just breezes through while some of my other toons struggle on. Warrior is usually a strong class. Leaving the instance nekid on my Warrior was a GW2 first for me though. I think they nerfed that fight a week or so later.
Yeah i had one like that too in PoF, one of the forged camps was one with all the adds, and the main guy in middle. Died endlessly on DD, but later did it on necro and it was one of the easiest to finish. One of the couple parts of PoF that made me stop playing my DD too.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Yeah i had one like that too in PoF, one of the forged camps was one with all the adds, and the main guy in middle. Died endlessly on DD, but later did it on necro and it was one of the easiest to finish. One of the couple parts of PoF that made me stop playing my DD too.
When you say DD do you mean Dagger Dagger or Dare Devil?
I am playing a staff Daredevil atm and I am ripping through shit fast

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
When you say DD do you mean Dagger Dagger or Dare Devil?
I am playing a staff Daredevil atm and I am ripping through shit fast
Yeah Daredevil, I thought I was a god until I got PoF. I just ended up playing my reaper most of the time since. Which is funny, I quit playing my necro for Thief/DD because of HoT. I'll probably give it a try again soon, skyscale grind is quicker done with multiple 80's.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Does gear still basically mean nothing in this game? I played at launch and got the archer class to max level and that was one of my biggest complaints. I like my MMOs to have meaningful gear upgrades.

Also the WvW was lame and there was no other real endgame.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Does gear still basically mean nothing in this game? I played at launch and got the archer class to max level and that was one of my biggest complaints. I like my MMOs to have meaningful gear upgrades.

This game has more shit to chase than any mmo I've ever played, it just doesn't have the traditional gear grind.

If you want end game there are fractals and raids. Plus tons of achievements that reward higher end gear and skins.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
More or less. There's Ascended and Legendary stuff to chase after, but they are fairly incremental improvements over Exotic gear, which you can get with a little effort in the open world, or just buy relatively cheaply off the trading post. Most of the hunt for gear is actually the hunt for the new skins that come with them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

Lots of stuff to grind and do in this game but meaningful gear upgrade isn’t really one of them. That has always been one of its biggest appeal for some people and one of its biggest turn off for others.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm on the last episode of season 4 and the way you interact and deal with Kralkatorrik is so much better than how Zhaitan and even Mordremoth was done. I'm surprised it's this well put together considering it's a living world production and not from an expansion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
There's a good bunch of hidden away places in this game, that you generally don't see, unless you hunting achievements/collections. Many aren't even part of world acompletion location.

One of my favorites is deep underground Silverwastes, it's basically part of a jumping puzzle, but the underground is larger than Silverwastes itself. Nothing down there except some skritt that will port you back up for puzzle, and some lost badges. Screenshot doesn't make you realize the scale at all.

gw013.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There's a good bunch of hidden away places in this game, that you generally don't see, unless you hunting achievements/collections. Many aren't even part of world acompletion location.

One of my favorites is deep underground Silverwastes, it's basically part of a jumping puzzle, but the underground is larger than Silverwastes itself. Nothing down there except some skritt that will port you back up for puzzle, and some lost badges. Screenshot doesn't make you realize the scale at all.

View attachment 300237
It truly is one of the best games around for exploration.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users