Guild Wars 2

Molten Core Raider
So what is a good way to get hero points on an alt? I've been playing a Revenant and have been wanting to try an Elementalist, but I've farmed all the PoF hero points and spent them on the Rev already. I'm not sure why I assumed these things were account wide, I think I had them confused with mastery points.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
So what is a good way to get hero points on an alt? I've been playing a Revenant and have been wanting to try an Elementalist, but I've farmed all the PoF hero points and spent them on the Rev already. I'm not sure why I assumed these things were account wide, I think I had them confused with mastery points.
You get hero points just from leveling. I'm guessing you won't max every skill line with just those, but could do a HP train at 80 in the expansion content and be good to go in a couple hours or less.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Yeah the skyscale stuff is a complete drag, especially the parts you have to wait for an event. I don't how many resets of Dragonfall I went through just for the first 3 collections, I'm almost finished the next set, but I'm too tired to finish it off tonight. Hopefully I can finish it off before next reset, so I can start the feeding crap. That alone is a timegate of 3 days, unless something has changed.

Whole thing feels like an endless daily quest, something thought up in one of the lower circles of Hell. I'm pretty sure if there actually is a Satan, he works at ArenaNet, doing a lot of the quest & event design.

• 1Worf

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Watching a video on the first set of fractals (T1), they look pretty interesting. I remember running a few of them from before.

In about 4-5 weeks (2 weeks after they release the new upcoming fractal), they're doing a global Fractal event that's supposedly similar to the Boss Rush events they occasionally do. When that drops it'll be a really good time to run fractals, especially if you're new.

Edit: 9/29 is the fractal bonus event. New fractal next week.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
In about 4-5 weeks (2 weeks after they release the new upcoming fractal), they're doing a global Fractal event that's supposedly similar to the Boss Rush events they occasionally do. When that drops it'll be a really good time to run fractals, especially if you're new.

Edit: 9/29 is the fractal bonus event. New fractal next week.
I've only ever ran like 2-3 fractals, which was a PUG of course. It was fun, definitely...but is there anything worthwhile from those other than the 'experience'? I have already crafted me a full set of ascended gear.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I've only ever ran like 2-3 fractals, which was a PUG of course. It was fun, definitely...but is there anything worthwhile from those other than the 'experience'? I have already crafted me a full set of ascended gear.

PvE Legendary Backpiece and the +5 Specific Stat +9 Agony resistance infusions that you can slot on your gear are really the only two big things. I believe you can buy the Agony resistance infusions on the AH for a sizeable chunk of gold but the legendary backpiece is the only PvE back legendary. Making the agony resistance infusions from scratch takes a bit of grinding though and a lot of combines.

T4 fractals award the best gold per hour per day in the game at around 30g+ per clear in just doing the dailies but T4 is when people start running static/guild groups with specific comps. You can purchase 2 Mystic Clovers a day through fractals too but if you're not really running T3-T4's daily you probably wont be able to keep up with the fractal relic cost (150 fractal relics per clover + other mats).

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I'm always down for running fractals and other content, just been absorbed in this skyscale shit. It would probably motivate me to get more geared, outside of fractals/pvp/raids, I feel zero need to worry about gear.

I'll be able to finish the last stage of Raising Skyscales today after reset, just waiting on the time gate of 4 food per day. Aside from running around doing rest of events/jump puzzles, and a bit more stuff for saddle, I'm almost to the end.

Next up: Start & finish Icebrood & farm ascended crap to switch over to scourge. I'm using LS3 ascended accessories ect, so I'll likely want to farm the newer stuff real soon for proper stats I assume.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm always down for running fractals and other content, just been absorbed in this skyscale shit. It would probably motivate me to get more geared, outside of fractals/pvp/raids, I feel zero need to worry about gear.

I'll be able to finish the last stage of Raising Skyscales today after reset, just waiting on the time gate of 4 food per day. Aside from running around doing rest of events/jump puzzles, and a bit more stuff for saddle, I'm almost to the end.

Next up: Start & finish Icebrood & farm ascended crap to switch over to scourge. I'm using LS3 ascended accessories ect, so I'll likely want to farm the newer stuff real soon for proper stats I assume.
I was able to do all the feeding at once for some reason.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I was able to do all the feeding at once for some reason.
I fed it all the treats at once no prob, but the skyscale food itself you make from quartz I can only do 4 times a day/reset.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
I would really love to learn to run fractals. Never done them and kind of hesitant to do them in a PuG cause to be honest Im not that great a player.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I would really love to learn to run fractals. Never done them and kind of hesitant to do them in a PuG cause to be honest Im not that great a player.
You can hit me up if you see me on (Pox) and I'll run them with you if I haven't done my dailies for the day. But otherwise the T1's can be done just following the group. Most of the mechanics of the various ones are self explanatory. Only thing to watch out for is the 20-25 ones which are the first ones that start requiring agony resistance.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
ive tried to play this a few times but the combat always killed the game for me. theres so few skills id mostly just be spamming everything -> flip to next bar , spam everything -> repeat

is there any more depth to it im missing? i have an inkling to give this a go again

ShakyJake

<Donor>
ive tried to play this a few times but the combat always killed the game for me. theres so few skills id mostly just be spamming everything -> flip to next bar , spam everything -> repeat

is there any more depth to it im missing? i have an inkling to give this a go again
I felt the exact same way. But, like I said in an earlier post, I believe the expansions' elite specializations are better designed and have way more fun and interesting gameplay.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider

Depends on the class, if you want complicated shit, play Elementalist.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The rotations are pretty much on par with wow these days, and there's more active skills to use. Some builds aren't very active, like longbow ranger, but ones like firebrand or ele have you playing piano.

Molten Core Raider
Need some guidance. Yesterday I opened a Black Lion Chest and got a Permanent Hair Change ticket, which I promptly sold for a shitload of gold. I thought about buying one of the Gen 1 Legendary weapons, but all the builds I see suggest Ascended weapons. Is a Legendary a good purchase or should I just work toward Ascended stuff and use this gold elsewhere?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Need some guidance. Yesterday I opened a Black Lion Chest and got a Permanent Hair Change ticket, which I promptly sold for a shitload of gold. I thought about buying one of the Gen 1 Legendary weapons, but all the builds I see suggest Ascended weapons. Is a Legendary a good purchase or should I just work toward Ascended stuff and use this gold elsewhere?
Legendary gear is equivalent to ascended gear but you can change the stats on them at will.

• 1Like