Guild Wars 2

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
rolled up a level 9 rev and then switched back to my 80 elementalist. I'm playing with some folks who rolled up a new character. Some of them are uhh, less experienced gamers and if I push my DPS (especially on my level 80 elementalist) they'll never get a swing in before everything explodes around them.

Other than stripping my character naked is there anything I can do to nerf my DPS output while practicing executing my combos as best I can?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
rolled up a level 9 rev and then switched back to my 80 elementalist. I'm playing with some folks who rolled up a new character. Some of them are uhh, less experienced gamers and if I push my DPS (especially on my level 80 elementalist) they'll never get a swing in before everything explodes around them.

Other than stripping my character naked is there anything I can do to nerf my DPS output while practicing executing my combos as best I can?
Practice mouse clicking your skills.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Simplest solution would be to level a second ele along with them. Otherwise removing gear or just wearing white gear or something might be the only option. I'd try using a shitty weapon first and see if that lowers it enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just roll another toon and play it until they get out of the low levels. Rev isn't in a great place, or wasn't last time I played. But most of the classes are a lot of fun. My favs are war, mesmer and necro. Engineer also, depending on the meta.

For groups, Guardian use to be a great support class. Not sure where it's at now.

It won't take them long to get to the mid levels where they will not be so outclassed by your gear/elites and you can switch back.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I should work on getting these. I just delete my stacks of those mats. It's just so hard to find the time to add another thing on the list of shit I need to do in the game.

I have an entire bank section full of them before I started just deleting them.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I made a promise to myself to just vendor everything I get in the game instead of wasting time trying to use anything.

We'll see how long it lasts.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I made a promise to myself to just vendor everything I get in the game instead of wasting time trying to use anything.

We'll see how long it lasts.
Don't vendor anything other than junk or things that are valued at o lower than TP value. Salvage gear for the mats and put those up on the trading post which can be accessed from anywhere.

You can get a summary of the trade post value for everything in your inventory by opening up the sell items part of the TP

Hekotat

First Multi-boxer I've seen.

Gw2-64_mmTDZwiTR3.jpg

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
^ Is that Auric Basin?

Think I've seen that guy around a few times during the HoT/PoF meta circuit after reset. You'll see a few afk botting at Octovine off to the side on East sometimes too.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
You can get a summary of the trade post value for everything in your inventory by opening up the sell items part of the TP
Also, don't be dumb like me and "sell instantly" to the TP -- you can lose a lot of cash that way. Look at the current buy and sell orders and price your stuff accordingly.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I got into a LFG for the story strike "Forging Steel", it was super easy and quick with a group. I did the story that followed that which had a pretty interesting story development.

So 2 chapters to go before I am done with the current LS.

Hekotat

^ Is that Auric Basin?

Think I've seen that guy around a few times during the HoT/PoF meta circuit after reset. You'll see a few afk botting at Octovine off to the side on East sometimes too.

Yeah, it was in Auric.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Watching a video on the first set of fractals (T1), they look pretty interesting. I remember running a few of them from before.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
One of the meta events in the first Icebrood Saga map is a literal Charr heavy metal concert. It has to be experienced to be believed.

• 1Solidarity