Guild Wars 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Running across obvious afk farmers quite often these days, necro ones are the ones I see mostly. Especially in west Kourna, just a bunch of necros with pets out over by the choya.

Is this why the servers lag like crazy all the time now?
Need some guidance. Yesterday I opened a Black Lion Chest and got a Permanent Hair Change ticket, which I promptly sold for a shitload of gold. I thought about buying one of the Gen 1 Legendary weapons, but all the builds I see suggest Ascended weapons. Is a Legendary a good purchase or should I just work toward Ascended stuff and use this gold elsewhere?
I could be mistaken somewhere, but I always figured the Legendaries were same as Ascended, at least when it comes to stats. Bonus being you can change your stats on them at anytime, and they usually have some appearance effect.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Stupid email authentication emails not coming in to my email account. We'll see how long it takes them to get it fixed. Meanwhile I suppose I can create a diff acct with another email. I haven't played in 6 years, so I know nothing.

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for the replies. I decided to go ahead and snag the Legendary sword. I like the idea of swapping the stats around so the flexibility is nice. I have pretty much zero ascended stuff anyway so I can start working on an armor piece or two now and not have to worry about the primary wep

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Stupid email authentication emails not coming in to my email account. We'll see how long it takes them to get it fixed. Meanwhile I suppose I can create a diff acct with another email. I haven't played in 6 years, so I know nothing.
It's not just you. The 2FA emails aren't going out either.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Have the 2 hour wait debuff again, but just have to grind the rest of my mats for saddle, and complete the final flight collection, and I'm done.

This quest/collection series was fucking brutal, hopefully have it finished off tomorrow.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah, I got in earlier. Poked around on a couple toons. Realized I have no fucking clue what the game is anymore. Got the new xpacs and am going to roll a new toon later.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, I am getting up to speed again. Rolled a revenant since it was the one I never played before and rolled around the charr starting area. Got to 10 and went to bed. Will be putting in some hours tonight as well.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Need some guidance. Yesterday I opened a Black Lion Chest and got a Permanent Hair Change ticket, which I promptly sold for a shitload of gold. I thought about buying one of the Gen 1 Legendary weapons, but all the builds I see suggest Ascended weapons. Is a Legendary a good purchase or should I just work toward Ascended stuff and use this gold elsewhere?

Save the cash. The legacy legendary weapons are all so common place these days, there isn't a sense of accomplishment or uniqueness about them, especially if you straight up purchase one. Just my opinion, Use the gold to help supplement materials in crafting one of the new legendary weapons, along with materials to craft ascended gear as you said.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
No fuck that, Bolt is a pimp sword and everyone should be choosing that over The Shining Blade just like no one should be using Quip, The Dreamer, or Exordium. Anyone who has Quip or The Dreamer in particular gets kicked out of my parties, sorry not sorry.

Fucking kill me:

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
No fuck that, Bolt is a pimp sword and everyone should be choosing that over The Shining Blade just like no one should be using Quip, The Dreamer, or Exordium. Anyone who has Quip or The Dreamer in particular gets kicked out of my parties, sorry not sorry.

Fucking kill me:

I don't even use a bow and I want that now.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
Save the cash. The legacy legendary weapons are all so common place these days, there isn't a sense of accomplishment or uniqueness about them, especially if you straight up purchase one. Just my opinion, Use the gold to help supplement materials in crafting one of the new legendary weapons, along with materials to craft ascended gear as you said.
Too late, money spent! Im still so fresh back into the game (I played a lot at launch then not really ever again until the 8th anniversary) that my gear is horrible. Im using one of the freebie sets atm while I chip away at crafting Ascended stuff so dropping the money on a weapon that I ideally would never have to replace seemed like a good investment. I wasn't chasing uniqueness (although the particle effects are pretty cool) just a really good sword. Ill definitely be working on other Legendaries as I progress through the game (story wise Im just starting Living World Season 2, so I have a long way to go before the bulk of the game opens up to me).

Fun fact: The Dreamer actually helped me decide which class to play. When I returned to the game, I was torn between my original class, a Memser, and a Revenant I made with one of those insta 80 tickets. When I got that gold I looked into shortbow Legendaries and after seeing the Dreamer noped back to my Mesmer.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If anyone is looking to try strike missions (group content designed to lead to raids) the daily one today is really easy. I joined a random pug and it was pretty smooth.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Finally finished Skyscale.
gw021.jpg

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
These two are two of some of the best players in GW2 but stuff like this further showcases just how out of wack heavy armor classes are in this game balance wise from everyone else. Videos show two Heralds using Trailblazers, New 100 Fractal T4 CM Mote solos.

• 1Like