Guild Wars 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Lag is getting worse, it's not just LW4 maps anymore. People even commenting in map chat, in PoF/Vanilla.

Steam release is gonna fuck this game hard if they don't get their shit together. I certainly won't be spending a dime more, if this is considered acceptable. Bad enough this game runs like shit as it is.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Lag is getting worse, it's not just LW4 maps anymore. People even commenting in map chat, in PoF/Vanilla.

Steam release is gonna fuck this game hard if they don't get their shit together. I certainly won't be spending a dime more, if this is considered acceptable. Bad enough this game runs like shit as it is.

Yeah it's pretty weird TBH. I get a few second delay when I use a waypoint or even mount lately. Doesn't help that every ability and character is comprised of over the top glowy animations and effects haha.

With that said i'm having fun just doing LWS4, working towards random achievements and map completions, hopping on meta trains and just doing world bosses and shit. Everything you do feels productive in some way, whether you are being efficient or not is another story but whatever, it's fun. (and I spend no money)

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, if they had just drastically cut back on the map currencies needed for it (100 would've worked, if they really need to have that step), it wouldn't have been bad. Everything else was at least semi-interesting.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I didn't mind the currency. What I'd cut would be one of the 3 dragonfall collectables, and the rift fragment stuff after making the saddle. The latter added nothing to the experience and just seemed like a bunch of bullshit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I didn't mind the currency. What I'd cut would be one of the 3 dragonfall collectables, and the rift fragment stuff after making the saddle. The latter added nothing to the experience and just seemed like a bunch of bullshit.
For the final, it would have been far more interesting if it actually gave you a preview of the masteries, you know actual flight training? Run a rift, a little puzzle involving falling and re-mounting your skyscale, and a puzzle involving the grab/launch mechanic. Not go to half the zones in the game, and find a poi objective right next to the waypoint.

I bitch a lot about this game, but for the most part it's a fun casual game. I just find it frustrating the devs seem obsessed with this AOE spam/twitchy/watch the ground gameplay, yet the servers lag so much you can't time shit. I mean I wasn't a huge fan of that gameplay in WoW, but at least I could actually do what I was supposed to do, and fuckups weren't usually the servers fault. (unless you were doing heigan, it was uncanny)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It has a deceptively high skill ceiling. Wow is mostly about gear, GW2 is about builds, boon management, profession knowledge, and knowing the potential of all the skills.

There are some really good group synergies that can happen with combo fields, etc. Well played groups in WvW have been indestructible during some Metas, before the inevitable nerfs of course. Fun to watch, if you're not the one getting stomped on.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
There are some really good group synergies that can happen with combo fields, etc. Well played groups in WvW have been indestructible during some Metas, before the inevitable nerfs of course. Fun to watch, if you're not the one getting stomped on.
I used to have a lot of fun with WvW/PvP in GW1 after it first came out, back then I'd consider myself a somewhat competent & competitive gamer. Was one of the few PvP oriented games I actually enjoyed. Then the Asians started curb stomping us on a regular basis, and shit wasn't fun anymore. Swear the entire continent has amphetamines in the water.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just did almost all of the first quest in PoF because I wanted a raptor and then got DC'd. Not upset about it, but is that a common occurrence? It was my first instance in years and the first time I got DC'd since starting to play again.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I get an occasional "lost connection to the server ect" popup, nothing seems affected though. Rarely get a DC. Reminds me it could be worse. Queues, lag and DC's all the time, like some games.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
What do you guys mean by 'lag'? Network latency or framerate? The game definitely gets choppy with 10 thousand players on screen, but I rarely have network lag.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
What do you guys mean by 'lag'? Network latency or framerate? The game definitely gets choppy with 10 thousand players on screen, but I rarely have network lag.

It's sporadic and usually on the PoF/HoT maps. I was getting 5-20 second spikes the other day when doing events in HoT.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
It's sporadic and usually on the PoF/HoT maps. I was getting 5-20 second spikes the other day when doing events in HoT.
I recall having a bit of that months ago, but nothing recent. Weird. What is your home world? I'm on Yak's Bend -- which is quite full.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Home world doesn't matter, we're all on the same servers.

The issue is primarily with season 4 maps, with Thunderhead being the worst. Sometimes it's very minor, but other times the map (and everyone on it) suffers from 2-15 second long periods of lag where the client doesn't receive any data.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So far my revenant is up to 36 just doing random shit at level appropriate or slightly lower zones. Just do all the vista, heart thingies, ports, and local info boxes. Once I get to 80 I will probably drop my free level up on elementalist. All my other toons have been around long enough to have free level to 60 tokens waiting for when I log in to them.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Got my third Tequatl's hoard last night. The luck I've had in this game has been astounding. Too bad I can't sell it.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
One thing I should mention is that I am enjoying the hell out of the jumping puzzles this time around. When I actually find them. Found 3 so far, and 2 of them stumbled on the fast way to the end.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
One thing I should mention is that I am enjoying the hell out of the jumping puzzles this time around. When I actually find them. Found 3 so far, and 2 of them stumbled on the fast way to the end.
There's a ton of them and some of them are incredibly difficult. There's even a long one in WvW where you have to not only figure out the puzzle itself, but deal with PvP at the same time, and you have to start completely over if you die.