Guild Wars 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The other problem I have is related, I often can't see what the hell the boss is doing because of all the effects I and others are casting. I'd love to edit the GW2 game files and just remove ALL player effects.
I mentioned this in the ashes thread. It is pretty ridiculous just how much visual noise the game has. So many times I've been in melee and my auto-attack chain isn't going off because I'm not close enough to the boss because I literally cannot tell where he is in relation to my character. And don't get me started on fights where you need to watch the enemy animation to know when a hit is coming that you need to a void and doesn't present an aoe indicator.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I mentioned this in the ashes thread. It is pretty ridiculous just how much visual noise the game has. So many times I've been in melee and my auto-attack chain isn't going off because I'm not close enough to the boss because I literally cannot tell where he is in relation to my character. And don't get me started on fights where you need to watch the enemy animation to know when a hit is coming that you need to a void and doesn't present an aoe indicator.
I can't recall the setting offhand, but one of the video settings takes away the full screen effects, i.e. Reaper Matrix Vison, that shit not being on toggle drives me nuts.

Xerge

<Donor>
Some game features you almost expect to become the norm. ESO has particle effect sliders and the ability the change enemy/friendly damage markers' color via colorpicker. Pink boss AOEs or bust. Fuck immersion.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Some game features you almost expect to become the norm. ESO has particle effect sliders and the ability the change enemy/friendly damage markers' color via colorpicker. Pink boss AOEs or bust. Fuck immersion.
I hated how ESO's least used color was Pink, so it was the go-to. Thank God WoW has finally added in a way to turn PE's off.

That pedal setup looks crazy to me. I dont know why, cause I have never even thought about using my feet to help control my characters.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I hated how ESO's least used color was Pink, so it was the go-to. Thank God WoW has finally added in a way to turn PE's off.

That pedal setup looks crazy to me. I dont know why, cause I have never even thought about using my feet to help control my characters.
I've always thought about doing it, but never had a good enough reason to do it. Elementalist (and probably other classes in GW2) just has so many different simultaneous actions you need to pull off that it helps reduce overload.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Why? I'm new at this.
There is no PVE content that cannot be tackled with full DPS setup and the meta amount of healers. If people are dying despite that: mistakes are being made. So top-end content is people knowing what they're doing trying to maximize every ounce of damage output.

Think of it like DPS in wow gearing for stamina.

In your case, you're pugging pug content so it doesn't matter, but come T4's you'd have to dump all your defensive stats to keep up in damage, and make up with the lower survivability by avoiding avoidable damage

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There is no PVE content that cannot be tackled with full DPS setup and the meta amount of healers. If people are dying despite that: mistakes are being made. So top-end content is people knowing what they're doing trying to maximize every ounce of damage output.

Think of it like DPS in wow gearing for stamina.

In your case, you're pugging pug content so it doesn't matter, but come T4's you'd have to dump all your defensive stats to keep up in damage, and make up with the lower survivability by avoiding avoidable damage
Ah ok.

Yeah the spec I'm using now kinda feels like using training wheels. It's great for pugging content I've never seen before, but the value of the build will drop once I know the content and also have meta support. I had some fun with my power DPS specced weaver with berserker gear, will probably go back to that if I ever get serious.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Ah ok.

Yeah the spec I'm using now kinda feels like using training wheels. It's great for pugging content I've never seen before, but the value of the build will drop once I know the content and also have meta support. I had some fun with my power DPS specced weaver with berserker gear, will probably go back to that if I ever get serious.
I believe there's a healing tempest build that works for off heals in Strikes, and has a variant that works for fractal healing (though it's not meta)

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Whats meta for sPvP and whats the best class/spec for helping your team out the most without having to do too much or press a million buttons?

It's by far my least played game mode but I kinda want to get the trinket legendary but without being super serious or completely focused. Like play matches while simultaneously watching tv and maintaining a 50% WR. Is that possible?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Whats meta for sPvP and whats the best class/spec for helping your team out the most without having to do too much or press a million buttons?

It's by far my least played game mode but I kinda want to get the trinket legendary but without being super serious or completely focused. Like play matches while simultaneously watching tv and maintaining a 50% WR. Is that possible?
I played this for a while in the little bit of sPvP I did recently and it was pretty lulzy with how much support it provides along with being pretty fucking hard to kill.

The playstyle is pretty much insert yourself into team fights while tooting your horn to heal, buff, and debuff, while getting in peoples faces to try to draw some of the enemy attention.

• 1Like

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Reaper’s in a pretty good spot right now— Swiftness rune + Wurm, kite and aoe for days. Less dependent on having a non-retarded team than a quasi support build would be.

• 1Like

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Thanks will check out both.

Trailer out for the next episode:

I'm really tired of the "Dragon(s) are going to end the world because reasons so you must stop them" storylines so hopefully this isn't what it seems. It's so incredibly lazy and boring.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The thing is that they wrote themselves into this position of having to address all the Elder Dragons. When they decided to go the route of "kill one: the rest absorb the power" they left themselves needing to resolve it. They put Aurene in as a way for it to turn out good, but that was all the way back in HoT. Balthazar should have killed Jormag during PoT, leaving only Kralk and the Sea Dragon, with Kralk being dealt with in season 4, and when Aurene absorbs his power: Oh shit, the Sea Dragon isn't actually alive: It was killed by something even worse in Cantha, and End of Dragons being about figuring out what took it out and dealing with that.

• 1Like

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I was hoping the story would go down a path similar to that. They could have even used the Mists and continued the mystery of the other human gods to introduce a new threat or have Kralks rampage in the Mists stir up something (wasn't his last words a warning about something coming?). I imagine even for these writers the story is going to be more than Jormag using the commander to defeat the fire dragon on her behalf but even so it's boring that once again it's dragon 009 in the mix.

Joko and Balthazar were so refreshing. Even the Abaddon thing in that living world map was exciting.

Also, an entire living world story about the Norn dragon and it includes practically zero norn and very very little norn lore. wtf

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, Im running her as a Chrono (I had been following this build: Chronomancer - Sword/x Phantasms - MetaBattle Guild Wars 2 Builds). I probably need to change it up if I plan to start the fractal stuff as that build is more oriented for open world stuff.

Ive been on the fence of whether I wanted to keep playing the mesmer at all and switch classes. The mesmer was my launch character so i kinda gravitated toward it when i started playing again. She's got a lot invested in her already so switching will be a tough call. The role they fill in later game stuff is what i was curious about and wanted to know to help me decide to stick with it or switch now before i get too far down the road with it.