Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities

elidib

Vyemm Raider
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama, Mystery

Creator: Guillermo del Toro

Overview: Acclaimed Academy Award-winning filmmaker Guillermo del Toro curates this collection of sinister stories, each more horrifying than the next.

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i loved tales from the crypt growing up. looks interesting

tales from the crypt GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I usually find Del Toro's movies or "presented by" stuff to be less creepy/horror and more fantastical. I will definitely watch but I hope he found his darker side.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I usually find Del Toro's movies or "presented by" stuff to be less creepy/horror and more fantastical. I will definitely watch but I hope he found his darker side.
IMO he tends to let the look of a monster determine it's horror value more than its actions. That being said I'm really looking forward to this.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Fuck it, I'm in!

Is it weird that I find the bloody, no-eye-having chick in the thumbnail kinda hot?

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is going to be outfuckingstanding. Ate this kind of shit UP as a kid, watched every damn twilight zone, outer limits, fantastic tales, etc. that I could find.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Caliane

Del toro has been putting out a heck of alot more misses then hits. but, I do love anthologies.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
First 2 are out today, 2 a day for the next three days.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
Wasn't super impressed with the first episode, wish they had spent more time telling us some interesting backstory instead of spending so much time showing a dude being an asshole. Still was fun enough to keep watching and hope it gets better.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
neither one of the first two were excellent. Both still had major del Toro design elements to them though, so I'm sticking around for the rest. Still very hopeful for the H.P. Lovecraft stories, I think they are on thursday.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
first episode was stupid, plenty of woke takes, although almost mockingly in some places. guy is mean to latina lady. she for some reason hangs around the place for hours even after he's gone, just so that when he happens to come back and can't get out, she can put a lock on a door that's already locked and he can't get out of, just so he extra can't get out I guess?

• 1Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Yeah first episode was disappointing. Too much time to get going and by the time it does its all over. You would imagine the first episode shown should be one of the better ones to hook the audience. Also as mentioned above they hammer you over the head repeatedly. We get it this guy is a conservative asshole, please stop and get on with the story.

velk

Trakanon Raider
The moral of the first episode is 'Don't be racist or you'll get murdered by an immigrant'.

Wait, that doesn't seem right ;p

I agree with other posters that it spend waaay too much time on how much of an asshole he is. The story would have played out exactly the same way anyway - if he hadn't been an asshole to the cleaning lady she wouldn't have been there to not let him out anyway.

Still, it was atmospheric, well-shot and acted. Will probably give the others a try.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the settings. I am so far no where close to being a fan of the stories. That first episode was just stupid. Why did the lady hang around? I was hoping that she was some how part of the cult, but that would have made sense. We get that the guy is an asshole but they carried that all the way through. He might as well have just had one line "HEY FUCK YOU!!" that he said throughout the story. That would have been amusing at least.

The 2nd story was a little better but not by much.

I am hoping the writing improves.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database