Gunman opens fire at Oregon mall outside of Portland

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Gunman opens fire at Oregon mall, several people shot: officials

(Reuters) - A gunman opened fire at an Oregon shopping mall outside of Portland on Tuesday and multiple people were believed to have been shot and wounded, authorities said.

The gunman remained at large at the Clackamas Town Center near the Portland suburb of Happy Valley, said Steve Campbell, spokesman for the city.

"There is an active shooter at the Clackamas Town Center," Campbell said.

The Oregonian newspaper reported on its website that two people had been killed by a man using a semiautomatic rifle who may have also been wearing body armor. The paper said the shooting occurred near the mall's food court.

A spokeswoman for the mall, which was placed on lock down, said she had no immediate information and directed calls to law enforcement.
Has Tyen finally snapped with the closure of fohguild?

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Shooter is still considered "active" but it's possible he is one of the dead. Glad we did not do our shopping there today.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tyen was the first thing that came to mind what I saw the title

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shooter is still considered "active" but it's possible he is one of the dead. Glad we did not do our shopping there today.
Went out with my GF on black friday and there was people wearing bullet proof vests shopping. Pretty much made me awkward and told the GF I wasnt going to deal with the shit

Ironic that stewart did yet another "is it time to talk about gun control yet Fox News?" segment last nite (the whole Costas drama).

But guys remember, now is not the time to discuss guns when emotions are running so high. It is however the perfect time to discuss pot.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Cue the retards talking about how if Portland didn't require a permit to concealed carry none of this would of ever happened

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
2 dead + shooter, 1 seriously injured according to Clackamas County Sheriff

Witness reports that the shooter had camo, 'body armor' and a mask and was carrying an 'ar-15'. Witnesses say he was shouting "I am the shooter."

Pretty fucked up, and not far from my house.

You know I'm actually not like oooh gun control lets go crazy because making guns illegal will fix the problem. That's just as bad as people saying "guns dont kill people, people kill people."

I'd just like substantive discussion from both sides talking about ways to fix the damn problems we have in a rational and constitutional manner. You can't do that when the NRA is saying "OBAMAZ COMIN FUR YUR GUNZ" when the dude has done NOTHING remotely of the sort. You can't even start having a normal discussion with that.

You can't even start having the conversation according to fox news. You couldn't after the aurora shooting or the football/KC thing, and those are just two recent examples. Like according to the right: 1) there is no good time to talk about gun policy; 2) Obama just wants to take away your 2nd amendment rights. Like the founders didn't contemplate the semi-automatic weapons and shit that exists today. By that logic why can't I bear nuclear arms? There HAS to be some sort of reasonableness applied.

Like most things when you can't agree on a basic factual premise you can't really begin to have a substantive discussion. But that's kind of the hallmark of the republican party these days on every issue. I don't think the left has the answers on this issue but how do you get to the right answer without substantive discussion?

Sigh.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Scariest party about this is the news title right now is "one and only one shooter".

Get back to shopping America, we need a good Q4.