Gunman opens fire at Oregon mall outside of Portland

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can't own a fully auto weapon legally without loads of paperwork/background checks/money.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What do you need body armor for? Hunting with your buddy and scared he might shoot you? Get better friends, or friends who are better shots. Also I would avoid charity bidding where the winner gets to go hunting with Dick Cheney.
Can you please tell me where the second amendment references hunting?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Assault rifle is semi-auto, auto, or burst with a detachable magazine which, obviously, fires rifle ammo.

A riot is a good enough reason to own limited forms of body armor imo.

Police forces aren't really large enough to keep peace when people go ape shit. People should be allowed to defend their houses.

Ellesdee

Molten Core Raider
Gun control isn't a real issue, it's people who can't control whatever insane urge they have to kill people. Anything automatic is illegal. Anything considered an "assault rifle" by most people, such as an AR-15, is semi-automatic and legal. Take away these "assault rifles" and there are still long rifles that are semi-automatic, and shotguns that are semi-automatic, along with every pistol. A person who is experienced handling their own firearm could kill more people with a single action revolver than some "angry at the world" teenager with an AR-15. The government can ban guns altogether to stop most people from using them for violence. They could also ban alcohol so people don't drink, drive, and kill someone in an accident. Or shit, they could outlaw cars, so not even sober people can cause accidents. Throw everyone on a bicycle. It would help with the severity of obesity in this country, and rising costs of health insurance while they're at it. Fact of the matter is no matter what, people will find a way to kill other people when they want. Random people getting knocked off will always happen no matter what regulations are put in place, or how life is enforced. I know it's easy to say this because I haven't been affected by any killings ever, but I really don't think putting anymore rules on citizens will truly change things the way people calling for gun control want them to change.

And Tyen did it.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
Can you please tell me where the second amendment references hunting?
Can you please tell me where the second amendment references firearms?

Maybe they meant we should all have bastard swords. Or muskets? Or maybe they meant shoulder fired rockets? Thermonuclear weapons? Who knows?

It's rather vague.

Personally I think guns are fun as fuck and I also see the value of an armed population, but I also sure as hell dont want to worry about my wife and kid at the mall getting shot by some faggot with an AR-15 and voices in his head.

Also, arent semi-auto weapons with a reasonably experienced shooter just as if not more deadly than a full auto weapon? I mean unless the shooter just hopes to supress shoppers at a mall.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I sleep with a loaded '47 on my nightstand and a loaded shotgun above my bed. I call em the declaration of independence (the shotgun) and the fourth of july ('47).

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
You can't own a fully auto weapon legally without loads of paperwork/background checks/money.
You got me, I thought they were rather legal but after a quick google seems they are a pain to aquire. I just grew up in AZ so there are a ton of gun nuts out there and have heard countless people talking about their automatic guns and fired a couple.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
But its still semi auto with a 30 round bananana clip which still constitutes a assault rifle. You should go shoot one, they are fun as hell.
Actually, an "assault rifle" has to have burst/auto capability. A semi auto AK47, AR15, Mini15, Remington 750 Woodsmaster, etc are all semi-automatic rifles. Not assault rifles.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Gun control isn't a real issue, it's people who can't control whatever insane urge they have to kill people.
Yeah, I mentioned that instead of persuing gun control we should persue better general mental health care in the country. But many thought that was silly.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
It's not as simple as just saying anything that rapid fires. Anything semi-automatic can be rapid fired.
My apologies then, I only own one gun a Smith and Wesson .357 with pearl grips and fully chrome (minus the handle) that my grandfather left me, its a nice gun and I keep it maintained. Other then that gun, I am not very technical with guns or rifles.