H1Z1 (Not actually an MMO) - Server: Antidote (info in first post)

Felmega_sl

shitlord
My guy on Aftermath is pretty geared now. Backpack, pistol, food, blade. Im scared to turn my back to anyone lol. Most people are pretty nice but there are KOS assholes everywhere and a backpack is like a target on your back.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Smed just tweeted that a big loot patch will be going in tomorrow. I think the issue is respawn after folks have been through an area so we'll see how it plays out.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
First guy ran about, did noob stuff (got berries, made a boy, figured out controls) and ran to the road where a car promptly ran him over. Second guy had the same start, ran to some buildings and found a backpack (!) and was promptly killed for it I presume. Third guy uhhh err found an afk guy hiding in the grass, beat him to death and hit a small jackpot of food and whatnot. Been running around ever since playing scared little rabbit.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
"Big loot patch" tomorrow/today.
They've tried to fix it 4 times now. Someone holler if they actually do and I'll log on
wink.png

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do we have a camp yet.. i'm afraid to log in my main until we have a decent size group and a little defense stirring around lol. The game, at least for me, gets better each day. People are coming into their own and some of the social dynamics that made DayZ so much fun is beginning to surface.
It doesn't look like there is a whole lot of incentive for people to group up and work together at this point which explains the rampant KOS'ing. Is this accurate?

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well metal objects were not closing/locking. So trying to base build with wooden stuff was just a giant target for anyone passing by. Metal doors still seem borked, but gates are reported to be working fine now.

The guys on mumble said we have two spots for bases being considered/worked on. So try to survive abit, get some metal and head over to those spots.

ili_sl

shitlord
Most (non AAA companies) early access stuff pretty much equals, pay us to finish our game. if we don't get enough money updates will come once a year. if we do get tons of money we aren't going to hire anymore people and updates will come every 6 months. lol.

SoE is a little different since they had the funds to finish the game at the start.

h1z1 will be king of the survival/fps type games. SOE just wanted to cash grab on the instant gratification crowd by charging $20 for a free to play game. they really should have made the lowest price point $40.

The instant gratification crowd has grown so huge that people are will to pay for games that aren't even guaranteed to ever release or come out of testing.

roger_sl

shitlord
Guess it's good bye for the good ol days of alpha/beta testing, last alpha i've been invited was for ps2 and it was for showing community support on their open forum for being an active ps1 member back in the days.

There's alot of asians and eastern euro on antidote, And as mentioned before, everytime i'm hearing someone claiming to be friendly with a russian accent, i try to punch them and run away while calling them fags, hilarious results everytime.
One of them shot and killed his friend while trying to aim at me while i was strafing left and right, ran back looted what i could while i was hearing him cursing in a unknown language, then a wolf killed me.

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
Finally got the game working again. Had a blast last night on Antidote, ran around with two guys for a while until we linked up with another 4 guys. Had some decent gear, ended up having a battle on some bridge where I died to gunfire. Great times

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have an odd question. I have 2 kids who are obsessed with videos of this game and want to play. My kids are 10 and 7 and game pretty well for their ages. I want to know if there are any options to filter swearing or if I can turn off chat completely. I turn chat off on Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft multiplayer.

So basically I want to know if there is a way to turn off chat for H1Z1.

Bruman

Golden Squire
It's cool for my kids to play a fantasy murder simulator, but swear words, man, that's over the line!

(American sensibilities are fucked up)

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's cool for my kids to play a fantasy murder simulator, but swear words, man, that's over the line!

(American sensibilities are fucked up)
So instead of helping, you just cast judgement on someone (or all Americans in this case).

They will play the PvE server for sure.

I am searching to see if you can remove the chat window or turn off chat and allow commands. If anyone finds an option and can message me that would be great and thank you.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Most SOE games have the option to filter particular channels off their chat boxes. The primary Concern I'd have for your kids if you want to censor ingame communication would be to turn off the ingame voice chat.

I'd be surprised if you can't find those in the general options somewhere ingame. However it is alpha early access for this game so all bets are off.

Manually you can disable audio

Bruman

Golden Squire
So instead of helping, you just cast judgement on someone (or all Americans in this case).

They will play the PvE server for sure.

I am searching to see if you can remove the chat window or turn off chat and allow commands. If anyone finds an option and can message me that would be great and thank you.
I am trying to help!

But I don't own the game, so I couldn't answer your question directly. Like Vitality said though, most SOE (and most online games in general) have ways to filter chat and disable voice chat. But being an alpha thing, I can't imagine it's high on their feature list.

And no, I didn't give you the neg, in case you were wondering.