Hades (Supergiant Games)

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I need to get gud. I love the game but rogue-likes are not in my wheelhouse. I need to really focus on the mechanics of getting a build I like and that works, rather than just going full rando every time and slowly crawling towards mirror upgrades. I barely make it to Elysium occasionally, and I am nearly 60-70 runs in.
I found this video to be extremely helpful for early on trying to get the first clear.

My normal run is god trinkets in the first two floors and broken spear trinket from Elysium on.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I am legit terribad at this game. I'm like 80+ runs in, have everything on the dark mirror unlocked and maxed out, have most of the trinkets at 3 stars and I STILL haven't been able to beat Hades.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I am legit terribad at this game. I'm like 80+ runs in, have everything on the dark mirror unlocked and maxed out, have most of the trinkets at 3 stars and I STILL haven't been able to beat Hades.
You can turn on God Mode. It's not a real god mode, only offers you permanent damage reduction based on how often you died total. It's a good stress reliever without making it too easy.

Getting titan blood for my weapons, I'm starting to need stupid amounts of heat levels, it's getting a bit...cluttered on screen. I hate the timer so I avoid that one.

• 1Dislike

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oblig:

Git Gud.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Finally beat Hades on a run I was just screwing around with. Maybe I was just overthinking the whole deal. Anywho now starting at heat 1 to get the blood I need to unlock all these weapons I've had to largely ignore.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Finally beat Hades on a run I was just screwing around with. Maybe I was just overthinking the whole deal. Anywho now starting at heat 1 to get the blood I need to unlock all these weapons I've had to largely ignore.

The heat score is by weapon, so if youve only cleared once, you only have to do 1 heat for that weapon :p

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I literally did 1-20 heat with the sword, since it was the most consistent until getting enough blood / mirror powers.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
The game is starting to get a little stale for me. I still put it in my top 10 of the last decade, but I find myself playing it less and less. I've pretty much done everything in the game, except defeat Hades the final time (when you have to kill him 3 times). I've upgraded most of the trinkets, gotten all of the companions (except for Achilles, mother fuck that's annoying), and maxed out just about everything. I still haven't defeated Charon, though I'm not sure if beating him really does anything vital (has anyone actually defeated him? His hit points barely move). I'm really hopeful that a DLC will come out for this game, as I would love to have some new boards to play through. I will say this: for the price, it has to be one of the best games ever made, and is definitely my top game of 2020.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I still haven't defeated Charon, though I'm not sure if beating him really does anything vital (has anyone actually defeated him? His hit points barely move).
You get the 300 gold and a discount card for 20% off for the rest of the run.

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Charon was one of my last achievements because I hardly took the shop rooms and I skipped it a lot even when I saw it or was playing on time limit. Once I decided to go for the chievs and started trying him on some of the higher heats, he would wreck me. I eventually turned it down to heat 0 while doing some of the other stupid ones and he was really easy

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I've only got a few hours into it but game is a blast. I think it's their best thus far.

I've seen people say to stick with just 1 or 2 gods for boons; is it just a matter of recognizing and not interacting with powerups you dont want or is there a way to back out of choosing a boon at the select screen?

Also can I de-activate one of these artifact things? Seems like it makes me always have one active.

I like spear and shield the best so far but havent unlocked the fists or gun yet.

• 1Dislike

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've only got a few hours into it but game is a blast. I think it's their best thus far.

I've seen people say to stick with just 1 or 2 gods for boons; is it just a matter of recognizing and not interacting with powerups you dont want or is there a way to back out of choosing a boon at the select screen?

Also can I de-activate one of these artifact things? Seems like it makes me always have one active.

I like spear and shield the best so far but havent unlocked the fists or gun yet.
No way to back out. Eventually you can either unlock the ability to reroll the chamber bonus you are going into or the boon options the god gives you.

The most important thing on boons is how a particular God’s boon fits with the weapon’s play style. On the shield I’m not hitting enemies that frequently so a debuff on attack or special like dyonisis isn’t that great, but ares doom on special is. Then since I’m relying on doom for my primary damage I want a debuff on attack for the privileged status mirror talent.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage

More powerful boons have pre-requisites. Visit the wiki page to see what each god's boons pre-requisites are.

By focusing on one or two god's boons you can unlock the higher tier/more rare boons that are also more powerful and usually have good synergies with previously picked boons.

• 1Like

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I just had my best run yet with the bow's special + 6 arrows + doom on special + extra doom damage with delay + doom damage stacking on hit + 30% special speed + deflect on dash. Hades melted in like 20 seconds.

I'm up to ~70 runs now and 30 clears. Been playing wit the "upgrade your booms every 4 rooms" trinket lately and leaving it to the RNG Gods to pick the ... Gods

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seemed like all the trinkets had their benefits which made it not so bad getting them all to 3 stars. Towards the end I was always mainly using the gods own trinkets to get OP legendary/duo boons and would switch them out between floors depending on what the rng gives you. Like if you start using zeus trinket, but end up getting 2 athena boons on one floor, between floors you can switch to Athena trinket and if youre getting the right prereqs, very likey to start getting the OP boons.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They adding more Gods in the future? There are a few major ones that haven't show up yet....

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
They adding more Gods in the future? There are a few major ones that haven't show up yet....

I don't think Supergiant has ever done or is really known for ever releasing DLC. Seems they tend to just release very tight and well made games and then move on to their next project. A lot of potential here but I wouldn't, and am not, holding my breath.

• 1Like