Hades (Supergiant Games)

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The spear is well known for being the worst weapon in the game. Every variation of it is bad. I think my first clear was with bow? But it was ugly. Start working with that bow and shield and youll start cruising through the game

Aspect of Hades is decent, but I've sucked ass with all other versions of the spear.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I've got most of the Mirror of Night perks, only one Death Defiance so far. I was able to double my normal HP for the price of a second DD and elected to go with that (should be able to get said second DD shortly).

Guan-Yu? Is that the spear? /looks it up...wow, great ROTTK/DOAE/Dynasty Warriors/historical reference there.

Yeah I'm still using Guan-Yu. It's a lot of fun and I like the range on it. Gonna try the bow and shield soon. I read that the shield is really good.

There were a few times on night 1 where I wasn't progressing too quickly and I considered calling it a day with the game and moving on to the next one. However the same exact thing happened with Bloodborne. A couple days into that it "clicked" and now it's my favorite game of the 2010's. If I'd quit on it day one I never would have even gotten into the Souls series, which is a scary thought. I'll keep at Hades.
Last I played this game, I had rolled through every boss multiple times with all the weapons trying different perks, builds etc. Seen all the story, fished all the crazy shit. You name it. You'll get to a point where you go through the levels so fast, not because you're cheesing shit, but because half the shit you just dont need anymore and you'll know how to counter everything to the point that it'll be laughable. In the same way, I can go through the souls games and pretty much do the same thing. Hades is fantastic on so many levels and it amazes me that its an indie title.

Daidraco

Dont rely on the life steal mods and try to just play better. I started off that way and its a good crutch for a bit, but there are massively better builds and you just learn to dodge like a pro while fucking shit up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Any suggestions on what order to prioritize items when going through the chambers? I.e. nectars, keys, etc, what should I focus on? I've been focusing on purples and keys up to this point so I'm nectar-deficient and green gem deficient, but I've got all the available weapons and most of the available skills. Just turned in one of my very few nectars to Nyx and got a shawl, nice.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's not a major thing to worry about as you can trade most stuff at the merchant for when you have a surplus

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Any suggestions on what order to prioritize items when going through the chambers? I.e. nectars, keys, etc, what should I focus on? I've been focusing on purples and keys up to this point so I'm nectar-deficient and green gem deficient, but I've got all the available weapons and most of the available skills. Just turned in one of my very few nectars to Nyx and got a shawl, nice.

you can only get 2 hammer and hermes boons per run, so its a bit of a debate whether you should pick those up first or skip them if the other option is good until closer to the end. i usually just prioritized as

hammer > double boon > hermes > ice goddess > dionysus > ares > poseiden > zeus > heart > key> gold > purple > green > pom

and kinda random about the other gods, and the ! rooms (special NPCs) are fairly good most of the time depending on what your goal that run is.

one of the final mirror perks is being able to reroll doors, thats really nice

don't also forget to talk to the merchant in the lunch room about trades, keys and green gems can be turned into basically everything else and the special trade is useful sometimes. I tended to hoard nectars but your priorities shift as you get more goals you are working on.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Say what now? I’ve definitely had more than 2 boons from Hermès in a single run. Also not sure I’d place Poms at the very bottom, those can be insanely good on rare boons.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The spear is well known for being the worst weapon in the game. Every variation of it is bad. I think my first clear was with bow? But it was ugly. Start working with that bow and shield and youll start cruising through the game

Guan-Yu aspect spear is probably the most easy mode weapon aspect in the game, regardless of boons.

Reading some of these comments I wonder if any of you bothered trying to actually figure this game out...

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Guan-Yu aspect spear is probably the most easy mode weapon aspect in the game, regardless of boons.

Reading some of these comments I wonder if any of you bothered trying to actually figure this game out...

This is false

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I've used the first four weapons now and I can say I had the easiest time with the spear so far, just dodging and striking. The range helps a lot.

Daidraco

I've used the first four weapons now and I can say I had the easiest time with the spear so far, just dodging and striking. The range helps a lot.
All weapons are viable. Some people just find ultimate builds and hard lock themselves into them by their own choice. I had a harder time with the gun than anything and made it a personal goal to beat the game with it. Turns out the gun is pretty ez mode after I just gave it the time of day.

• 1Truth!

Khane

Daidraco understands this game.

Seriously Ambi... the shield is great but when you take the zeus aspect you lose its most powerful blocking aspect while you wait for it to bounce around the room or decide to recall it.

It can definitely work, but I'm thinking you had one lucky run where you got all the boons you needed right away and convinced yourself it's OP... when it's not.

Every single weapon and aspect in this game is good. Learn how to abuse them and enjoy just how diverse and interesting each run can be.

Guan Yu spear on the other hand, actually is braindead OP. It just is.

• 1Dislike

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Daidraco understands this game.

Seriously Ambi... the shield is great but when you take the zeus aspect you lose its most powerful blocking aspect while you wait for it to bounce around the room or decide to recall it.

It can definitely work, but I'm thinking you had one lucky run where you got all the boons you needed right away and convinced yourself it's OP... when it's not.

Every single weapon and aspect in this game is good. Learn how to abuse them and enjoy just how diverse and interesting each run can be.

Guan Yu spear on the other hand, actually is braindead OP. It just is.

You're wrong, zeus shield isn't even my favorite aspect or what I do best with but has the benefit of being able to do a shit ton of damage from a safe distance.

Bow aspect of rama getting the extra arrow upgrade with zeus boons is what my best clear times have been on followed by the gilgamesh claws with hades boons and then beowulf shield with dionysus/demeter cast

The guan yu spear has too much drawback and you have to be extremely specific with upgrades to just make it viable.

Daidraco

You're wrong, zeus shield isn't even my favorite aspect or what I do best with but has the benefit of being able to do a shit ton of damage from a safe distance.

Bow aspect of rama getting the extra arrow upgrade with zeus boons is what my best clear times have been on followed by the gilgamesh claws with hades boons and then beowulf shield with dionysus/demeter cast

The guan yu spear has too much drawback and you have to be extremely specific with upgrades to just make it viable.
I mean, if we're talking clear times.. Sure. I have a different choice than yours, but thats cause I have a preference myself due to my fastest clear time was with that weapon and my personal opinion of its ease. Your personal skill level with dodge, avoiding mechanics and your aptitude/understanding of a weapon is going to create the fastest clear time with specific weapons - not some mathematicians choice. I dont know why this is even a discussion.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I mean, if we're talking clear times.. Sure. I have a different choice than yours, but thats cause I have a preference myself due to my fastest clear time was with that weapon and my personal opinion of its ease. Your personal skill level with dodge, avoiding mechanics and your aptitude/understanding of a weapon is going to create the fastest clear time with specific weapons - not some mathematicians choice. I dont know why this is even a discussion.

It was claimed that spear aspect was unarguably OP when for most people it's one of their worst weapons.

Not sure where you're getting lost.

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

I said Guan Yu aspect specifically bud. You know... the one where you can sit in a corner and literally block all projectiles and watch it bounce around and kill everything. And it heals you.

For new players without a lot of unlocks it is braindead to play and doesn't need help from specific boons. If you get lucky and get a bunch of daedulus upgrades you can make it bonkers OP, like everything else, but it's simple to use, easy, and safe even without good boon luck.

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Fists got me my first few kills. At first I thought they were shit because you have to get up close and personal but with a couple speed perks you just kill shit so fast it doesn't matter. Get Athena on your dash to deflect all the casters, that's pretty OP in my opinion. You get a screen full of those fucking wizard cocks and just dash around until they are all dead from their own balls.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users