Hades (Supergiant Games)

spronk

FPS noob
I said Guan Yu aspect specifically bud. You know... the one where you can sit in a corner and literally block all projectiles and watch it bounce around and kill everything. And it heals you.

For new players without a lot of unlocks it is braindead to play and doesn't need help from specific boons. If you get lucky and get a bunch of daedulus upgrades you can make it bonkers OP, like everything else, but it's simple to use, easy, and safe even without good boon luck.

how does guan yu fare against rats? i didn't even know you could block with it, will have to try it sometime if i ever play again. the low hp bar always got me fucked up with the rats, especially in high heat modes. i'm kinda shit though de-poisoning myself in that level.

i wonder what supergiants next game is gonna be

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well its like everything else on higher heat levels, you need the right upgrades along the way. With Massive Spin (Makes the spinning blade much bigger) and Faster Charge its just stupidly easy to play, even on higher heat. It charges so fast and has such a big radius you can just stand against a wall and keep releasing blades and let it heal you back to full almost instantly whenever you get in trouble.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Poms are awesome. How can you rate them last!

Every weapon with Athena is op!

I am still not great with the bow, but had a super fun run with autofire + Triple Shot with Athena.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damnit you guys are making me want to play this again even though I have so much other shit in the backlog.

• 1Solidarity

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I said Guan Yu aspect specifically bud. You know... the one where you can sit in a corner and literally block all projectiles and watch it bounce around and kill everything. And it heals you.

For new players without a lot of unlocks it is braindead to play and doesn't need help from specific boons. If you get lucky and get a bunch of daedulus upgrades you can make it bonkers OP, like everything else, but it's simple to use, easy, and safe even without good boon luck.
Shame on you for spreading this misinformation to beginner players

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Poms are awesome. How can you rate them last!

Every weapon with Athena is op!

I am still not great with the bow, but had a super fun run with autofire + Triple Shot with Athena.

If you go with the Rama aspect and ignore the Celestial Sharanga nonsense and just spam special attack with the +3 arrows upgrade and zeus boons it's stupidly easy.

• 1Solidarity

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you go with the Rama aspect and ignore the Celestial Sharanga nonsense and just spam special attack with the +3 arrows upgrade and zeus boons it's stupidly easy.
That build is how I cleared my 32 Heat Run. Zeus boon right out of the gates and cycle through them till you get "Special- Lightning Strike". Then keep taking Zeus boons every opportunity you can and look for "+Double Lightning Strike Chance" (very important), "Jolted" (equally as important), and even his Legendary if it comes up. The Zeus boons that cause Lightning in "Larger Area", "More Jumps to additional Targets" are ok to take, but non-essential.

But if you get Daedalus "Relentless Volley+4 special shots", special-Lightning strikes, and double lighting strike chance and Jolted, that is pretty much all you need. Then just Pom them up as much as possible to get really strong and do even more damage.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I prefer Aspect of Chiron with the autoseeking arrows, 9 arrows when fully maxed out before any daedalus upgrades. But both still face roll with similar set ups. The Artemis boon that shoots an arrow for each attack is also good.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I found the spear to be decent, I prefer it to the fists or the gun for instance. However the shield is the best weapon for me, I tend to pick Poseidon boons that give the shield watery shockwaves and super damage when enemies are bounced into walls or barriers (and if possible I also pick that on my own dash attack) so around the latter part of the game I'm just cruising through rooms destroying everything by smashing it into walls with the waves, even the bosses take a lot of damage from that. Make sure you get the hammer boon that makes the shield bounce 7 times instead of 3, and there's another that increases the damage it does for every bounce.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
One other thought if you are just picking it up, the 4% slow per stack * 10 stacks is absurdly good defensively. I think my first kill of Hades & quite a few after that was only because he was slowed so much (makes it easier to dodge all his attacks by a ton). Works great for the stupid minotaur/spear boss in a3 (?) as well.

As far as weapons go, as said its everyone has their own playstyle but I think the one I hated most was the ranged gun/grenade launcher. Have beat it with it on 3 of the 4 aspects but still felt like such a shitty weapon compared to fists

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Been using the shield, it's working pretty well. I like to spam the power-dash back and forth over enemies. If it gets the +400% Damage to Armor perk, the power-dash wrecks things. Plus you're blocking between dashes. If I want to speed things up I'll dash right to the other side of a foe and get some backstabs in real quick. I also like the "double hit" perk because it does a megaton of damage in short order.

On night 3 of playing I finally beat the pair of bosses at the end of Elysium by focusing on Minotaur and ignoring the little guy until Minotaur was down. Reached the fourth (final?) area, but I got ground down by attrition and eventually ran out of life. Was able to get the last auto-revive from the mirror after that, which will probably make a difference.

This is definitely a good game and I see why people like it, but with the backlog the way it is and Pokemon about to drop, I don't plan to do 80 runs of this. At the very least I want to finish one run and beat Hades. I'll keep going a bit longer if there's more to see, but that's my goal right now.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
At the very least I want to finish one run and beat Hades. I'll keep going a bit longer if there's more to see, but that's my goal right now.

The game only begins once you beat Hades though. There's a TON of options and story you'll miss out on if you stop after beating him just the one time. You need at least ten wins to get the first ending, and more than that for the true ending.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
The way the Theseus and Asterius (The Minotaur) story plays out is, in my opinion, pretty good and made me laugh. That Boss fight is, again just my opinion, one of the best ever made. I love their personalities and relationship, Theseus is just hilarious...

and because I love that boss fight so much...

You cannot quit the game until you have at least tried a few runs of em3. Em3 is fucking brilliant.

Just my opinion though.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The way the Theseus and Asterius (The Minotaur) story plays out is, in my opinion, pretty good and made me laugh. That Boss fight is, again just my opinion, one of the best ever made. I love their personalities and relationship, Theseus is just hilarious...

and because I love that boss fight so much...

You cannot quit the game until you have at least tried a few runs of em3. Em3 is fucking brilliant.

Just my opinion though.

EM3?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Defeated Hades pretty handily once I got the third/final revive-heart (plus a fourth from an item). Ended up only using two of the four by the time I reached the end. Used the shield and a heavy focus on Bull Rushing.

That was a great time. Gonna do a couple more run-throughs too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Defeated Hades pretty handily once I got the third/final revive-heart (plus a fourth from an item). Ended up only using two of the four by the time I reached the end. Used the shield and a heavy focus on Bull Rushing.

That was a great time. Gonna do a couple more run-throughs too.
That’s what happens. You think fuck this I’m not playing through this 20-30 times. Then you get runs that click and you’re like fuck yes that was awesome! And just keep going.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just unlocked the last? weapon, the AR-15. At first I was like "this thing doesn't do any damage, meh" and almost went back to the shield, but then I got a few powerups for it and DAMN. Especially the Zeus powerups. AR-15 plus Lightning Strike to proc electric bolts plus Storm Lightning to chain the bolt effects = Mass destruction that homes in on foes and can clear a screen pretty fast. I'm taking way more damage than I was when I used the shield, though, probably because I'm spending a lot more time standing still instead of constantly dashing/blocking/bullrushing.