Hades (Supergiant Games)

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got a few clears with the spear but they would always be very close and I would have to be careful and pay attention to mechanics. Where other weapons I could usually facetank everything by the end

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Easiest clear I’ve ever had was with the spear. I’ll have to go in and look WTF upgrades I got but it was supposed to be a throw away run to just get some prophecy stuff done and it turned into something completely busted and a shitload of fun.
The bow, on the other hand, I cannot get into at all. Just constantly feels awkward as fuck no matter what builds I’ve found so far. Same with the rail to a lesser extent. Special builds with the rail are kinda fun.
Yeah I think pretty much every weapon needs certain builds to wreck. Just some weapons work with more builds than others do. This leads people to think certain weapons suck when they really just haven’t got the right builds yet. I hated bow and gun but once I got specific builds for it they were like record setting runs they were so OPed. I personally just never got the spear builds going, mostly because I didn’t play the spear much and I haven’t gone back since I got bored with the game. I still got 75 hours of enjoyment out of it, it’s a fantastic game.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I still think its preference. Ive cleared with spear multiple times just fine. I think it falls down more into people trying play it like another weapon. Or, theyre hoping they get the same boons as they got on another weapon and thatll be just as OP. Which that just isnt the case most of the time.

Regardless, games fun as shit. I played it wayyyy too much before becoming bored with it. One of my higher ranked steam titles.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The fists and the shield I feel even if you don’t get a busted build still are fun to run and still wreck consistently. I have less experience with the sword there.

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The fists and the shield I feel even if you don’t get a busted build still are fun to run and stick wreck consistently. I have less experience with the sword there.
Yeah the fist, shield and sword are the three that can work with more builds in my experience. I was able to beat it with those three consistently regardless of the boons I was getting. I’m sure they’re still possible to fuck up, just not as easily as the bow, spear, and gun builds.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
For those hating on certain weapons, have you unlocked their other aspects yet? Some of them can be pretty insane depending on your play style

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I played this for a few weeks. It looked awesome on my 4k TV, but my PC isn't normally hooked up to it.

What input device do people use for this on PC?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
If you aren't playing this with a controller you're a masochist regardless of couch or PC desk preference.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
For those hating on certain weapons, have you unlocked their other aspects yet? Some of them can be pretty insane depending on your play style
Yeah. I’ve unlocked everything except the last Bow, the conversation just never triggered, in 75 hours.

I wasn’t good with the spear in any iteration. I get that’s it’s just me not being good with it’s play style. I dropped the “spear sucks btw” as a joke follow up to the guy saying all weapons are good.

• 1Rustled

spronk

FPS noob
i finally killed the third (duo) boss for the first time yesterday with triple attack spear and got fucking curbstomped by a goddamn cheese eating rat in the next room

i gotta try out different weapons though, its way too easy to get too attached to one

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
i finally killed the third (duo) boss for the first time yesterday with triple attack spear and got fucking curbstomped by a goddamn cheese eating rat in the next room

i gotta try out different weapons though, its way too easy to get too attached to one
When I first started, my best weapon was the chaos shield plus Dionysus. Then my best weapon was the adamant rail super soaker. For heats 5-15ish my best weapon was the fists with ice and raw damage boons. Eventually I cleared heat 35 with all weapons (not all weapon variants) before I got the final ending of the game. That may sound like an intimidating amount of time, but I was only a dozen or so play throughs to the final ending when the game released. I loved this game and played the shit out of it over the years while it was in early access.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My highest heat right now is the bow with heat seeking arrow aspect

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i found it pretty easy clearing finally with the shield but i'm not sure i wanna keep going past heat 3 or 4, how many do I gotta do to see "the ending"? Heat 10? That seems like a lot

i finally understand this picture now

9mf9myzlqrj71.png

what a tough choice

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well not just for funsies. For upgrade materials like Titans Blood

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
i found it pretty easy clearing finally with the shield but i'm not sure i wanna keep going past heat 3 or 4, how many do I gotta do to see "the ending"? Heat 10? That seems like a lot

i finally understand this picture now

9mf9myzlqrj71.png

what a tough choice
Doesnt that ! just restore hp? Been a while I forget. Unless youre trying to talk to the dude to advance the rp, which that dude took me fucking forever

edit- oops didnt see the void thing. Still would rip the hammer everytime imo

double edit - and yeah you gotta beat zeus 10times for the "true ending" and the epilogue requires some rp and i think at least heat 8 or something

Last edited:

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yup, hammer always wins unless you got one already that gave you what you wanted and didn't need a 2nd.