Halo Infinite

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Feel like I'm the only one playing this game

Doing Tactical Slayer for challenges, teammate goes 0-18, we lose by 1 kill, challenge is for wins

1640813291882.png

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished Infinite this weekend. The single player is a 6/10 game. Not interested in the multiplayer.

The Good
-Graphics, performance, sound, and music.
-The world and the draw distances are pretty gorgeous/impressive.
-Fluidity of motion and the grapple hook.
-The guns are all pretty well balanced and play differently.
-Different AI scripts for different enemies.
-The boss fights. Not great, but not terrible.
-Gun-play, bullet spread, audio/visual feedback, weapon power. It all feels great.

The Bad
-The story, the lazy cut scenes, the enemies droning on and on and on about the same mundane bullshit. That Cortana or Weapon or what ever the fuck they call her needs to fuck off and stop wasting my time already. You have to hack just about every door and every time it's the same time wasting cutscene with a sprinkle of different flavor.
-Ammo Capacity: It is an egregious and unforgiveable fuckup... or a TERRIBLE design decision.
-Friendly AI & Troops. They are just a set piece and pretty worthless. At best, a distraction for the enemy.
-The vehicle controls, the terrain blockages.
-"Look at all the content we gave you! Here's a million points of interest on your map, go do stuff." It's all cookie cutter bullshit.
-The pointless Audio logs and collect-a-thon filler content.
-You are a magnet for enemy bullets. Jumping, juking, grappling... no, no, no. They fire, you get hit.
-Two types of gameplay: One, corridor shooter. Two, assault a fortified enemy position. (Well, there is one horde mode that occurs twice, near the end of the game, but it short and a minor speed bump)

At the end of it all, I would ask them one question. "Did you release your game early, before your co-op was ready?" Hmmm, I thinks you did! It makes a difference, a big difference. Why do I have a jeep with multiple seats and a canon on the back, when this is a single player fucking game? Why do forward operating bases provide 4 vending-machine-weapon-boxes that do the same thing, if I am playing solo?

But the biggest problem with designing a Co-Op game and making it single player is that the tuning and balance are off. These bases are clearly designed to be assaulted from multiple directions. These duo-buddy-bosses are supposed to be tag-teamed. The fact that you run out of bullets after firing for 6 seconds and you can only carry 2 guns at a time, makes me think they intended more firepower to be brought to these fights collectively.

They need to hire some actual talent when it comes to designing content and missions. They got the tech down, but the mission variety and story was all so bland and amateur hour. My dream would have been the Titanfall 2 team take the Halo tech and produce the story/level designs. Holy shit, that would have been amazing.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Screenshot it. I can't see Reddit, haha.
It's a video. Guy named Sir TMAC failing to melee a guy who doesn't know he's there for like 20 seconds, followed by missing on a second guy then getting killed.

Funny enough I also had a TTMAC in a game last night

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
It's a video. Guy named Sir TMAC failing to melee a guy who doesn't know he's there for like 20 seconds, followed by missing on a second guy then getting killed.

Funny enough I also had a TTMAC in a game last night

Tom Hanks Whatever GIF by Golden Globes

If you've watched me play COD long enough...well...

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Why do I have a jeep with multiple seats and a canon on the back, when this is a single player fucking game? Why do forward operating bases provide 4 vending-machine-weapon-boxes that do the same thing, if I am playing solo?

But the biggest problem with designing a Co-Op game and making it single player is that the tuning and balance are off. These bases are clearly designed to be assaulted from multiple directions. These duo-buddy-bosses are supposed to be tag-teamed. The fact that you run out of bullets after firing for 6 seconds and you can only carry 2 guns at a time, makes me think they intended more firepower to be brought to these fights collectively.

You can load up the vehicles with ai marines still, I use to drive into fortified areas with a jeep loaded with 5 ai, you can even get different guns for them if you drop it for them at the forward stations. But yeah, not sure why they would design campaign for coop but not have the coop actually ready yet...

Didn't manage to finish the campaign due to the frustration of constantly hunting ammo and switching weapons, I guess it might be more enjoyable with friends to lighten that load? but it's still incredibly annoying gameplay to deal with.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Finished Infinite this weekend. The single player is a 6/10 game. Not interested in the multiplayer.

The Good
-Graphics, performance, sound, and music.
-The world and the draw distances are pretty gorgeous/impressive.
-Fluidity of motion and the grapple hook.
-The guns are all pretty well balanced and play differently.
-Different AI scripts for different enemies.
-The boss fights. Not great, but not terrible.
-Gun-play, bullet spread, audio/visual feedback, weapon power. It all feels great.

The Bad
-The story, the lazy cut scenes, the enemies droning on and on and on about the same mundane bullshit. That Cortana or Weapon or what ever the fuck they call her needs to fuck off and stop wasting my time already. You have to hack just about every door and every time it's the same time wasting cutscene with a sprinkle of different flavor.
-Ammo Capacity: It is an egregious and unforgiveable fuckup... or a TERRIBLE design decision.
-Friendly AI & Troops. They are just a set piece and pretty worthless. At best, a distraction for the enemy.
-The vehicle controls, the terrain blockages.
-"Look at all the content we gave you! Here's a million points of interest on your map, go do stuff." It's all cookie cutter bullshit.
-The pointless Audio logs and collect-a-thon filler content.
-You are a magnet for enemy bullets. Jumping, juking, grappling... no, no, no. They fire, you get hit.
-Two types of gameplay: One, corridor shooter. Two, assault a fortified enemy position. (Well, there is one horde mode that occurs twice, near the end of the game, but it short and a minor speed bump)

At the end of it all, I would ask them one question. "Did you release your game early, before your co-op was ready?" Hmmm, I thinks you did! It makes a difference, a big difference. Why do I have a jeep with multiple seats and a canon on the back, when this is a single player fucking game? Why do forward operating bases provide 4 vending-machine-weapon-boxes that do the same thing, if I am playing solo?

They need to hire some actual talent when it comes to designing content and missions. They got the tech down, but the mission variety and story was all so bland and amateur hour. My dream would have been the Titanfall 2 team take the Halo tech and produce the story/level designs. Holy shit, that would have been amazing.
Post in challenge thread your completion!

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Guys in this match absolutely think I was cheating lol. It was an FFA Slayer, I went 25-4. Next guy had 10 kills. I had 11 with just the sword

1641490131266.png

1641490138644.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Finished the campaign as stated previously and deleted this hunk of shit off my HD. I agree completely with Fight Fight

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Im impressed you managed to finish the campaign, I lasted about 45 min before deleting it.

Felt like a big meeeeeh.

• 1Like

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I beat it on legendary

I didnt find it enjoyable, and with gamepass/EA thingy I have too many games to choose from for the limited time I have for playing these days. If it dont grab my intrest the first 30 min Ill go play something else.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I didnt find it enjoyable, and with gamepass/EA thingy I have too many games to choose from for the limited time I have for playing these days. If it dont grab my intrest the first 30 min Ill go play something else.
I hear ya.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Finished the campaign as stated previously and deleted this hunk of shit off my HD. I agree completely with Fight Fight

It was always after dinner when I didn't feel like concentrating on anything and just running around randomly until I found out I completed the thing.

First game I completed without giving any fucks what so ever playing out of boredom.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Looks like my average fiesta experience. Had one whole match tonight where every spawn I had a goddamn sentinel beam.

066CC217-B505-4EA6-B137-E51737155BB8.jpeg

• 1Worf