Halo Infinite

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It cannot be 3 hours of game from start to finish with story quests right? Everyone everywhere is saying 11+ hours story and 40 hours completion.
There are only 14 campaign missions, so yea, I'd buy that taking only 3-4hrs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i played mission 1 so far, it took about 30-40 mins but you spend a lot of time scanning big empty areas looking for collectibles (since you won't be able to replay missions for a while, just restart game). Its fine. Nothing great, nothing terrible. It reminded me a lot of Gears of War 5, gruff characters and enemies who love to monologue with giant big spaces to shoot around in. Combat felt really good and satisfying, although its weird that its generally better (on console anyways) to NOT ADS since auto-aim is pretty strong.

I'm pretty sure 3-4 hours is if you rush rush rush and don't stop, I've seen 10 hours is the more realistic play through and probably what it will take me. Which is reasonable, the original Halo 1 was 10-12 hours for a run. COD, Battlefield, etc are all around that time for single player campaigns. The visuals look great but then again so did Gears of War 5.

Is it worth $60-70? hell no. Its decent enough for a gamepass game, and I still really enjoy the multiplayer. Zero problems or issues playing. Its not gonna rank up there with God of War or Doom 2016 but when i compare it to TLOU2 or Battlefield 2042 (lol) or Halo 5 its pretty fun so far.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So can this game be played like The Division and Destiny? A PVE multi-player game?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why are the cutscenes 30fps and so fucking laggy?
Another thing that supposedly will be patched Soon™.

So can this game be played like The Division and Destiny? A PVE multi-player game?
No, there's no coop at all right now, and when it does get added in 6+ months it still isn't that kind of 'open world' game.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So it isn’t bad so far I suppose. I’m having fun with going to spots and gathering valor and cores. Gamepass game for sure though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
is nu-cortana supposed to be derp?
0350c4bda54ebe179e9b7501a8da2a5d.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Cutscene actually froze the vid for me... was hardly the 'next gen' experience I was expecting. So far it seems very --- Xbox One.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so if you actually just kinda were interested in whats happening w/ the halo universe just doing halo games, if you go from halo 5 to halo infinite, you'd be lost and wondering why the fuck this atriox ape matters.

i guess you should have played halo wars 2 and read the 5issue comic
51cXwnjvmxL.jpg

after shitty halo 5 i swore off playing halo forever

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I haven't played since 3, figured I'd do co-op campaign since it's free on Gamepass but with no co-op and only 6 hours long it doesn't seem worth it.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I haven't played since 3, figured I'd do co-op campaign since it's free on Gamepass but with no co-op and only 6 hours long it doesn't seem worth it.

Yeah I am playing it now and that isn't true. I am actually enjoying it as a solo experience going around and claiming forward operation bases, gathering upgrades via valor, etc. Playeds yesterday for four hours just doing some of that - and the traversal is actually pretty cool with the grappling hook - I am flaying everywhere to get to my POI's and the game isn't forcing m,e into bullshit paths - I am climbing areas without that stupid "You cannot go here" bullshit (Happened once at the beginning but not in the open map) and short cutting to areas.

The multiplayer needs some major changes to progression. I like that I can unlock cosmetics for multiplayer in the campaign - but there needs to be cool shit to unlock there - the MTX system for cosmetics is pure shit along with the progression system.

AI is strong. I still love tossing a grenade and seeing them scatter with reactions. I also like that they actually take cover and aren't target practice. And also laughed when I took my four wheeler off a cliff with a marine on it and he said, "Way to go Master Chief" lol.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ya'll like multiplayer but don't ask why can't you play as a little grunt or the big monkey

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't know if this is just a Halo thing since I haven't touched the series since Halo CE was new on the original Xbox, but I find the constant lack of ammo for whatever gun I'm carrying to be really irritating. I don't want to use garbage like the needler that does fuck-all for damage just because all the little shits drop them for ammo refills, but relying only on ammo stations does not seem viable at all.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I don't know if this is just a Halo thing since I haven't touched the series since Halo CE was new on the original Xbox, but I find the constant lack of ammo for whatever gun I'm carrying to be really irritating. I don't want to use garbage like the needler that does fuck-all for damage just because all the little shits drop them for ammo refills, but relying only on ammo stations does not seem viable at all.

Totally agree here. And Kinetic and Plasma stations are damn near impossible to find in the field. Some FOB's (Most) do not have them either but they have gun stations and even then it doesn't fill up your ammo to max when you select the gun - that's annoying as shit.

And the needler sucks donkey balls.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I also am enjoying the campaign, and it's definitely longer than 6 hours. At least when you are doing all the stuff like I am, claiming everything, trying to find all the unlocks, etc. I definitely missed a few in the first few missions, which is a little annoying since it seems like you can't go back. Once you get to open world it seems like you can fuck off and do whatever you want though (sort of, you can't skip ahead islands)

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok the campaign is now becoming annoying as fuck.

1) Weapons. I am sick and tired of running out of ammo for my preferred weapons when fighting waves of enemies in the story quests. Fucking Needlers, Pistols, and Shotguns everywhere. But God forbid I love the AR and the VK47, give me 120 rounds for the VK, shoot through that in 1 minute, and I spend the rest of the mission either with a fucking needler or shotgun, forcing me to grapple / melee for the next half a fucking hour or searching for the two kinetic stations within a mile radius. Whoever designed that, go fuck yourself. I want to be able to at LEAST have enough ammo drop to use my preferred weapons at least 30-40% of the time.

2) The second story mission is a fucking slog. The same moron that designed ammo/gun replenish must have decided that adding the same corridors over and over again equates to content.

3) When looking at the map and trying to get audio logs in a specific POI, why in the ever living FUCK would you put the audio logs outside the POI? Are you fucking retarded? This is Dev 101 level shit here. IE: Go to the POI and see I have a couple logs to grab - search all over the POI. Leave POI and say fuck it, grapple up a hill and it's fucking 150 meters outside the POI. To any developer here who needs a refresher to not be a fucking dumbass, see my tutorial graphic in MS Paint.

4) UNSC logs are coming in as spartan logs. Make the distinction. Once again, elementary level shit here.

Exhibit 3.

POI.png

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
God in heaven the opening hour or so of this game is fucking boring as shit. Walking down a bunch of bland corridors only to have to walk down a bunch more bland corridors is fucking idiotic in 2021. What the fuck. It is like 1997 gameplay. Cutscenes are janky and bumpy and this game more than others doesn't interact nicely with new Xbox features. I couldn't even get out of a cutscene to turn off subtitles for fucks sake. I hope the game gets better now that I am (I hope) about to get to the open world component but right now it feels extremely generic and dated.