Halo Infinite

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ok the campaign is now becoming annoying as fuck.

1) Weapons. I am sick and tired of running out of ammo for my preferred weapons when fighting waves of enemies in the story quests. Fucking Needlers, Pistols, and Shotguns everywhere. But God forbid I love the AR and the VK47, give me 120 rounds for the VK, shoot through that in 1 minute, and I spend the rest of the mission either with a fucking needler or shotgun, forcing me to grapple / melee for the next half a fucking hour or searching for the two kinetic stations within a mile radius. Whoever designed that, go fuck yourself. I want to be able to at LEAST have enough ammo drop to use my preferred weapons at least 30-40% of the time.

2) The second story mission is a fucking slog. The same moron that designed ammo/gun replenish must have decided that adding the same corridors over and over again equates to content.

3) When looking at the map and trying to get audio logs in a specific POI, why in the ever living FUCK would you put the audio logs outside the POI? Are you fucking retarded? This is Dev 101 level shit here. IE: Go to the POI and see I have a couple logs to grab - search all over the POI. Leave POI and say fuck it, grapple up a hill and it's fucking 150 meters outside the POI. To any developer here who needs a refresher to not be a fucking dumbass, see my tutorial graphic in MS Paint.

4) UNSC logs are coming in as spartan logs. Make the distinction. Once again, elementary level shit here.

Exhibit 3.

View attachment 387139

I started reading this and thinking, here is Utnayan going ballistic over nothing again, but no I actually agree 100% with him.

What's happening to me? ;)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
God in heaven the opening hour or so of this game is fucking boring as shit. Walking down a bunch of bland corridors only to have to walk down a bunch more bland corridors is fucking idiotic in 2021. What the fuck. It is like 1997 gameplay. Cutscenes are janky and bumpy and this game more than others doesn't interact nicely with new Xbox features. I couldn't even get out of a cutscene to turn off subtitles for fucks sake. I hope the game gets better now that I am (I hope) about to get to the open world component but right now it feels extremely generic and dated.

The open world piece is fun for a while - but then you get into the story missions and you will probably throw a fit of anger when you get to the second one. Literally walking down 5 flights of stairs with the same exact room every single time without enemies in it after the second wave. It made the library level of the original Halo look creative it was so shitty. Hoping the rest of the missions aren't like that but I am not holding my breath.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think the complaints about length of Campaign are unwarranted, unless you are just literally skipping everything it feels like it's a pretty good length campaign.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If the whole thing is going to be just one long hunt for more ammo, I wouldn't want it to be any longer than it is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
So tired of this Mexican. Stereotypical angry emotional Mexican. I hope by the end of the game you drop him off over Mexico.

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was enjoying the campaign up until the brutes start charging and fucking your shit up in two hits. Then I believe it’s the second “boss” that kicks those mechanics up a notch which is all kinds of gay fun.

I assume I’m just missing something here, because right now my only tactic for these guys is to kite them…which is lame as fuck.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was enjoying the campaign up until the brutes start charging and fucking your shit up in two hits. Then I believe it’s the second “boss” that kicks those mechanics up a notch which is all kinds of gay fun.

I assume I’m just missing something here, because right now my only tactic for these guys is to kite them…which is lame as fuck.
I mostly use the grapple (upgraded twice as soon as I could) to stun them.

• 2Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone else die a lot? Especially on the bosses?

Granted, I have gotten a lot worse at FPS in the last 10 years, and trying to FPS on a Xbox controller adds another layer of challenge, but damn I am fucking dieing a lot. Plugging away though. Looks like I have cleared about 50% of the Points of Interest on the map.

I think the game is good. The movement, the shooting, and the AI are all fluid and impressive. I agree with Ut on the weapon ammo thing. They made a decision to go the Zelda Breath of the Wild route and make you change your weapon every 2 mins. Pro's and Con's I guess.

I don't give a shit about the story. I usually just skip their shitty cutscenes and get back to the blasting.

• 2Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Keep in mind you can fast travel to FOB's and stuff, and you can spawn different weapons and vehicles at them.

The only quirk to that is the variant weapons unfathomably don't use the same ammo as the weapon it's based on, so fucked when doing something?

Also after you beat the game you can still do stuff in the open world. So you don't need to worry about hitting everything before you beat the game, just the stuff in the few missions where you can't go back. (This is the first 2 and inside the spire/right after the spire)

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I'm enjoying the campaign, it's pretty much like other open world games like assassin creed type games, but like everyone else.. the gun switching and hunting for ammo is beyond tiring and annoying, especially when most of the common alien weapons are just garbage. Not to mention they have refill stations for 4 different types of guns but it's the fucking energy ones that's mostly around, should have just had one refill station that refills whatever gun you have equipped and maybe lower the ammo refill amount if need be. Just let me play with the guns I prefer, one mission had to walk back 3 rooms to refill on kinetic ammo, so dumb. Nevermind using shit like bolt sniper rifle when it only comes with 8 rounds, like wtf? Also they should have had an option to make the skills double tap for use, instead of having 1-4 to activate then q to use, pretty annoying. Lastly... why can't I use the skins I get in campaign in the campaign... why only multiplayer.. pfft.

• 1Truth!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
They put in Fiesta, FFA Slayer, Tactical Slayer, and Team Slayer queues today. They also made weekly challenges to play different modes. Good improvement imo, oddball can fuck right off.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Sometimes old mans still got it. I've never carried so hard in my life. Team Slayer

1639684495484.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I need people to play with. I'm not usually this good, but sometimes lucky. This was a fucking great game, 250-249, tons of back and forth.

1639878293127.png

1639878357023.png