Halo

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The show is fine as long as you understand it's not really anything like the games/novels story wise. It's its own thing, telling its own story with the halo name and paint.

If you can get past that contention and you enjoy sci-fi, then this is generally fairly watchable.

But yes this episode is a lot of dialogue, but hey, no madrigal garbage so that's a win

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I am really enjoying the show, every characters actions feel built up from their desires and ambitions and makes sense in that context. Dr. Halsey is an utter monster but it makes total sense from what she sees as her duty to move humanity past its limitations. There is a cloying undercurrent of despair and fear in every second on Reach, you can tell that place is utterly FUCKED probably by the end of the season. Just really enjoy the entire cast and writing and sets, this show is definitely must watch for me for the moment.

Sadly next episode is Madrigal only I believe so its back to the shitty Kwan teenage hour, oh well.

I know Makee (?) is probably still just fucking around to get to the artifact but I wonder if sharing something with Master Chief is turning something in her. Also crazy that Master Chief has a resting heart rate of 29, goddamn

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sadly next episode is Madrigal only I believe so its back to the shitty Kwan teenage hour, oh well.
Start to realize how much I hate that shit when its almost completely absent from the show. Really wish that whole story line wasnt part of the show cause I'd rate it a lot higher without it.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
can't tell if nostradouche or....

someone wanna tell him?

yeah i know one of the halo games is named Fall of Reach but dont know much more beyond that, i wanna play that (and the entire Halo MCC series) this summer, it'll be neat seeing the OG halo story for the first time.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
The show is watchable if it stays at this level. It went from "watching for the crazy woke lulz but at least it's better than Picard" to "meh, not bad. what else am I gonna watch? TV sucks now"

If the writers had any sense at all, they would kill off that super obnoxious asian kid. She's universally hated. Do what needs to be done, Paramount.

Cybsled

Ya I honestly hope they drop that plot line and character in season 2.

Even if it is realistic: dumb teenager thinks they are Superman and can’t understand why all the adults think they’re dumb lol

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I enjoy the show, as I said before I'm not very familiar with the source material. That said, it's not what I expected, I expected a lot more action and Spartan vs Covenant fighting each other.

That said, I really love the world building as someone mostly new to the setting, there's a lot of interesting stuff happening. Production values, acting and writing for the most has been pretty good.

I agree Asian kid needs to go, her plotline is not very interesting and pretty much independent of the main storyline as to feel useless. Maybe they'll tie it up in an interesting manner but I doubt it. I'm also not sure where they can go with her in the future.

I expected a series with more of a Star Wars like vibe and I feel I'm getting more of a Star Trek vibe which isn't a bad thing...just not what I expected.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
They are setting that asain girl to be a future spartan. She'll be the new master chief.

• 1Rustled
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

That is way down the line, though. Spartan II are still around

She is more annoying than Wesley Crusher at this point. They would need a major character development to get people to actually like her now

j00t

Yeah the spartan 3's and 4's iirc were volunteers
spartan 3's were still "volunteered" at an extremely young age, though. the basic difference between the 2's and the 3's is that the 3's weren't outright kidnapped and replaced with defective flash clones. the 4's were all volunteers from the military (lot of ODST's). the 2's and 3's all had a ton of enhancements done on them pre-puberty which you can't do on the 4's.

j00t

madrigal and kwan focused episode... it was bleh.

• 1Rustled

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All I want is Master Chief fucking up some aliens, but I guess thats too much to ask for.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Episode sucked, don't give a fuck about madrigal or stupid asian kid story line.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty much a waste of an episode. Asian girl storyline just isn’t interesting.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Madrigal/Kwan shit just seems like some tacked on "Inclusivity" shit. "The main character is white, so how are we going to shoe horn in some POC content?"

You could miss this episode entirely and you would still be caught up on the Master Chief story.