Halo

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m enjoying the show, even if it’s fairly slow paced. The world building is interesting and generally very well done. I do wish there was more action but it’s still enjoyable. I’m curious to see where they are going with John and the girl spartan who removed her chip as I don’t see this going well eventually with Halsey.

The show seems to be setting up a lot of things. Hopefully they are resolved in a satisfactory manner.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So did master chief really show his ass off all the while cortana was covered up?

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am surprised but I am enjoying this show. Have played random Halo games so I am not extremely familiar with the lore. The first episode had some really weird CGI but since then its been pretty good. I dig the fact that its more about the world building / story then just pure action and explosions.

I think one of the main reason I'm enjoying it is due to some of the actors. I love Pablo (Master Chief), Natascha (Dr. Hasley) and Bookeem (Soren).

Last edited:

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I always forget Pablo is Liev's RL brother for some damn reason

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This show is enjoyable. I never played through the Halo story-mode, so no jimmies rustled from that perspective.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy

i know not everyone here is a fan of the channel but man CBS (or at least one employee) has a serious personal vendetta against them, i hope the legal threats actually follow through and CBS gets shit on

j00t

finally got some action this episode. looked significantly better than episode 1 with the odd movements and broken cgi.

funnily, there's a moment in the battle when chief is blasting covenent with his magnum, and then cortana says "switch to secondary!" (presumably because he's running low on ammo), and then he chastises her because clearly, master chief knows what he's doing... but then switches to the assault rifle on his back... i know the magnum is a boss weapon and all, but in what universe is a sidearm considered a primary weapon over a long gun? maybe it was a tongue in cheek reference to how so many people, especially back in halo 1, used the magnum as their main weapon

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I was going to say if you had great aim in halo 1 all you needed was the magnum. It was God tier

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Early Halo I thought I was actually good at Halo. Would just stomp all my friends, to the point no one wanted to play against me. Then I got the online MP halo game, whichever one that was and quickly learned that I fucking sucked. Was my fist experience into Multiplayer FPS and I still think the person tea bagging me was a 6 year old.

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
Early Halo I thought I was actually good at Halo. Would just stomp all my friends, to the point no one wanted to play against me. Then I got the online MP halo game, whichever one that was and quickly learned that I fucking sucked. Was my fist experience into Multiplayer FPS and I still think the person tea bagging me was a 6 year old.

Half-Life/Counter-Strike confirmed that for me a few years before that

spronk

FPS noob
still enjoying the show, although some of the CGI during the battle was rough. It looked like a weird speedup of human movement when the spartans were moving. I am really enjoying the whole Spartan team is working together, I went into the show expecting just a focus on Master Chief but I like seeing the whole team together. Its like a fast and furious family :emoji_family::emoji_family:

dropping the short haired chick off at the end was weird, "huh so the ship that just stole our shit dropped you off. PERFECTLY NORMAL" lol

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The set up as if it was a stage from the game was entertaining

Cybsled

dropping the short haired chick off at the end was weird, "huh so the ship that just stole our shit dropped you off. PERFECTLY NORMAL" lol

Ya, not sure how they explain that without it totally sounding suspect

yimmien

Molten Core Raider

Same here. My friends and I all thought we were pretty good at the original and would play 4 player local a ton. I eventually got a long ethernet cable and ran it to our PC that had some software that made lobbies and spoofed it like it was connecting Xboxes together locally to play 16 people online. This was before Xbox live/halo 2 multiplayer. Our first night trying it out we were all getting obliterated, it was insane.

We managed to somewhat git gud and learned a lot if tricks, especially compared to the other kids at school. There were a few get togethers where we would all hook 4 xboxes together at someone's house and get to teabag them like we we had so unceremoniously been teenaged online. That was so much fun, and I feel sorry that my kids don't seem to get cool experiences like that now modern games.

This episode was much better than the last 2.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

still enjoying the show, although some of the CGI during the battle was rough. It looked like a weird speedup of human movement when the spartans were moving.
in case you, or others aren't aware, spartans can run about ~35mph. kelly, chief's best friend is the fastest recorded human running at 40mph and change. so i'm not sure if you meant that it looked sped up when they ran period, or that showing how fast they can run looked weird.

Cybsled

Episode was awesome. Except Kwan. God she is so fucking annoying

"I need to lead the revolution!" with the entire revolution dead and no one giving a fuck about some little girl thinking she is Joan of Arc