Hatred

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I concur, only a ten year old would want this drivel and a ten year old should not be able to get a hold of it in the first place.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
vzu5L4M.jpg

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
"LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, I WANT ATTENTION!!!!" - that's all I got out of that.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
idk game looks great id play it.

shooting people in the face? stabbing them in the neck? yeah im down GTA with more GORE

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
They'll rate this as adult and no retailer will pick it up. That's what I'm betting.
Doubtful. That's the whole reason for the "black and white" motif - to escape the ESRB. The Punisher game did the same thing.

Szlia

It's self published, so it was never meant to have a physical version in brick and mortar stores and they will not rate it because it's not mandatory in any way. When the game is done there will be another round of news about how steam/desura/gog/etc don't want to sell it and how it's only available on the dev's web site and voil?. If game site refuse to provide them with a second round of free advertisement, they'll scream anti-gamer censorship since apparently this has been shown to work.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'd give this as much time as I'd give a Charles Manson torture simulator "game". I have no issues with violence, I just prefer to slaughter things in games that aren't about simply going nuts and slaughtering innocent people because I can.

vulken3_sl

shitlord
Its the fact that they just go and say I just want to kill and die .

It is so stupid and obvious media bait.

I mean even Trevor in gta as crazy and violent had a reason for it and had it explained.

Like I said though it is media bait or political bait bs made for "edgy" debates.

I mean why would you have random white tuff guy 1 when if you are seeing people snape its more like internet tough guy / beta ass shoots toddlers .

Thats more realistic.

Caliane

in a move that should probably surprise no one.

Hatred went up for Steam greenlight today.
Successfully upvoted by a large margin, and was accepted.

But then 7 hours later removed for violation of terms of service.

My personal opinion is the same as before.
I am pretty sure this game is just an experiment/viral pushing boundaries knowing full well someone will balk and ban it. I'd almost bet there is no actual game.

the GG crowd is up in arms. Dunno how much is false bravado, vs ignorance.

Steam is a private platform. And all platforms practice censorship. Steam, Walmart, etc do not sell Adult games. I'm not sure on xbox or sony systems, but Nintendo will not license an adult game.
actual content gets similar censoring all the time. Again, Nintendo did it regularly and very handedly for the longest time. much to their own detriment as time worn on. Nintendo's censorship a large part of the "kiddie" stereotype given to them. Honestly have to wonder if nintendos censoring had anything to do with their difficulty with 3rd party devs.

as many of the talks are now arguing. Manhunt is on steam, so is postal. GTA, and many other games of the same nature. and then we can look at movies, and as TB pointed out, The Human Centipede is on netflix instant ffs.

Freaking out and blaming SJW is stupid.
but, this does open up a good time to send emails to steam, or open a discussion at least on what is and is not acceptable in games. And what they should allow on their platform. Steam and valve should not try to be the moral authority.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Maybe I'm a pussy but watching that trailer made me sick to my stomach. Even a virtual rendition of such brutality and violence to humans I couldn't finish the trailer. It still shouldn't be censored.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hopefully Steam catches the hell they deserve for removing it. If nothing else clarified rules on what can and cannot go through Greenlight needs to happen.

Even "offensive" games aside, they were all prepared to axe this immediately, but the War Z is still getting sold under whatever BS name it has now? Come on.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Gone Home was at least twenty times more offensive than this shit.

Edit - Loved that someone negged me for this and was too stupid to see it as an obvious joke.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Based Gaben to the rescue.

The censors have been defeated and it seems Gabe personally took care of it. Respect.

?Hi, Jaroslaw,

Yesterday I heard that we were taking Hatred down from Greenlight. Since I wasn?t up to speed, I asked around internally to find out why we had done that. It turns out that it wasn?t a good decision, and we?ll be putting Hatred back up. My apologies to you and your team. Steam is about creating tools for content creators and customers.

Good luck with your game

Gabe
"

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I thoroughly enjoy all the butthurt this game is going to give SJWs. Even some of you dumbies claiming the "Look at me" shit. Isn't that what trailers are used for?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
He has quite the endless pocket there on his hip under his coat. He shoves a knife in there with no sheath, a few grenades, an extra magazine. Ridiculous storage space.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Maybe I'm a pussy but watching that trailer made me sick to my stomach. Even a virtual rendition of such brutality and violence to humans I couldn't finish the trailer. It still shouldn't be censored.
Look on the bright side, I'm sure this will be banned in Australia! You won't have to be subjected to it.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I guess NeoGAF added this game to their list of "do not discuss" games. Which seems pretty odd for essentially a Postal clone. I still don't understand politically far left groups going so far left they've ended up in the religious right.