Hatred

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
NeoGAF is on my "do not visit" list, so that's no problem.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Based Gaben to the rescue.

The censors have been defeated and it seems Gabe personally took care of it. Respect.

"Hi, Jaroslaw,

Yesterday I heard that we were taking Hatred down from Greenlight. Since I wasn't up to speed, I asked around internally to find out why we had done that. It turns out that it wasn't a good decision, and we'll be putting Hatred back up. My apologies to you and your team. Steam is about creating tools for content creators and customers.

Good luck with your game

Gabe
"
This is why Valve is one of the best gaming companies out there. I think this game is just there for the shock value, but fuck censorship.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
How do people tolerate posting on a community like neoGAF. Sounds like the entire thing is run by a bunch of Millies.

Del

Vyemm Raider
How do people tolerate posting on a community like neoGAF. Sounds like the entire thing is run by a bunch of Millies.
Run by a bunch of Millies, occupied by a bunch of fruity Moon bats, Jerles, and Jon McIntosh's.

Szlia

I would find this whole thing more palatable if there was even the tiniest of hint that the people making the game are not certified idiots. There is no such hint in the interviews / quotes by the devs, so Occam's razor is strongly in favor of them being idiots over them being the heirs of Andy Kaufman.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Even if theyareidiots, making an idiotic game...so what?

Caliane

I would find this whole thing more palatable if there was even the tiniest of hint that the people making the game are not certified idiots. There is no such hint in the interviews / quotes by the devs, so Occam's razor is strongly in favor of them being idiots over them being the heirs of Andy Kaufman.
well yes, it is much easier to defend free speech and individual rights when you are defending something eloquent or what you agree with.
And that is why its so important to defend what you do NOT agree with, and what is NOT handled with skill.

Do it when its HARD, not easy.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Sean must have to really reel it in over there. They ban people left and right.

Szlia

well yes, it is much easier to defend free speech and individual rights when you are defending something eloquent or what you agree with.
And that is why its so important to defend what you do NOT agree with, and what is NOT handled with skill.

Do it when its HARD, not easy.
This is not a free speech issue. Unless being available on Steam is now a fundamental right by virtue of their almost monopoly on the PC game market.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Yep,

People don't seem to comprehend what Free Speech is.

Is anyone going to jail or being charged with a crime by the government for this? Is the government stopping them from making it or selling it?

No?

Carry on then.

Gabe can sell, or not sell anything legal he fucking wants on his platform... see, now that is free speech. He can't pick and choose WHO he sells to, but he can sell whatever product he wants.

Anyway, the game looks pretty shitty.

Caliane

This is not a free speech issue. Unless being available on Steam is now a fundamental right by virtue of their almost monopoly on the PC game market.
yes it is. its not an first amendment issue. just like censorship is not exclusively a governmental issue, neither is free speech.
Defending someones right to create and have a voice, across many platforms is worthy.

and yeah, Steam is basically a monopoly, so it is kindof a big deal.
If nothing else, consumers have the right to demand Steam be very clear on their policies. Being dodgy about their practices, and having a monopoly does put the spotlight on them for questionable business practices.