Hawkeye

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
IWhat I really liked was how generally grounded the show is, with small exception to some goofy trick arrows (which were all great).

I think the goofy trick arrows worked well given the Christmas vibe. Made it feel more innocently silly like a kids movie. Very Home Alone.

Easily the best show Marvel has done and it might be something I'll rewatch around Christmas time going forward.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think its interesting how often characters who are not the main characters can elevate a show up to the next level. You did not see that all that much with the movies.

Florence Pugh as Yelena was a definitive reason for me enjoying this series. The conversation between her and Kate Bishop at Kate's apartment, was one of the best one on one conversations in the Marvel Universe. Its a scene that I find I could easily watch many times. The acting and facial mannerisms were perfect. I hope they do a second one with most of the characters but I know that probably Jeremy Renner's time is coming to an end pretty soon.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I really like the ending with her spending Christmas with the family. It gives a lot of explanation for her being better and doing more shit in the future, and she can learn directly from him

So what's with the wife and the watch?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I really like the ending with her spending Christmas with the family. It gives a lot of explanation for her being better and doing more shit in the future, and she can learn directly from him

I think the insinuation is that Hawkeye's wife is/was Mockingbird.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think the insinuation is that Hawkeye's wife is/was Mockingbird.
Essentially the spy chick from Agents of Shield? (and we've written that show out of cannon) The tall attractive blonde, I can't remember her name

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
yeah it seemed like it was a watch that had some personal info about her past at shield..? like a 15yr retirement watch that had her real and fake name on it. although that would be incredibly stupid thing to own.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also, who would know about the watch before it is even auctioned and why would they need to hire the tracksuits to rob it? Doesn't make any sense at all no matter what it is.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Is the show any good? I mean, he's my least favorite avenger. Bow and arrow, wrong gender for no super powers.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the goofy trick arrows worked well given the Christmas vibe. Made it feel more innocently silly like a kids movie. Very Home Alone.

Easily the best show Marvel has done and it might be something I'll rewatch around Christmas time going forward.
I actually said it felt like Home Alone with the montage scene of them putting arrows together, with the Christmas music in the background and all.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

The watch didn't have just a SHIELD logo but also A19, Agent 19 is Mockingbird.

Not that they couldn't handwave it away, Agents of SHIELD fans are disappointed as that was Adrian Palicki on the show.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Has Marvel announced a Young Avengers show/movie yet?

After 2021 we have Kate Bishop, Elijah Bradley from F&WS, Speed and Wiccan from Wandavision, and Kid Loki from Loki.

We had already seen Cassy Lang, and the next batch of movies with have Riri Williams (BP2), America Chavez (Doctor Strange 2) and Kamala Khan (The Marvels).

Plus Iron Lad is a Kang variant.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Is the show any good? I mean, he's my least favorite avenger. Bow and arrow, wrong gender for no super powers.
Some of the other shows may end up having a greater direct impact on the overarching narrative of the MCU (Loki introducing the multiverse, and so on). But by a pretty big margin, I'd say this is the most actively fun of the Disney+ series.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
The watch didn't have just a SHIELD logo but also A19, Agent 19 is Mockingbird.

Not that they couldn't handwave it away, Agents of SHIELD fans are disappointed as that was Adrian Palicki on the show.
Wasn't the Mockingbirds Shield's answer to The Black Widows? There wasnt just 1 Mockingbird but it was more a title for the elite female squad.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I think its interesting how often characters who are not the main characters can elevate a show up to the next level. You did not see that all that much with the movies.

Florence Pugh as Yelena was a definitive reason for me enjoying this series. The conversation between her and Kate Bishop at Kate's apartment, was one of the best one on one conversations in the Marvel Universe. Its a scene that I find I could easily watch many times. The acting and facial mannerisms were perfect. I hope they do a second one with most of the characters but I know that probably Jeremy Renner's time is coming to an end pretty soon.
She makes a very good BW. Easy on the eyes too...I love squat girls with no necks and big heads!

The snap scene was pure gold.

sc9j2dqspgv31.jpg

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
It was a fun and Christmas themed show, I thought the season finale was a tad bit weak but just in minor execution moments, overall i liked the show and I'd be happy to rewatch it again in the future.

Kingpin's power levels seemed kinda all over place, he is shrugging off explosions and massive car hits and explosions like they are flies, I haven't watched Daredevil so I assume its par for the course for him. Given we don't see him dead I am fairly certain he is not gone.

He felt a bit jammed into the show to be honest, everything else sorta works but not much about him makes sense. Why does he want to kill Kate's mom? What about her whole "I've got secret info everywhere as insurance"? He doesn't feel like a Gus Fring type crime lord from the 1 episode we got of him, just a rando thug who has poor planning skills. I'd bet there is a huge disconnect between people who watched the shows he's been in and love the character and vibe off this appearance, and people like me for whom he's just Pyle from Full Metal Jacket.

The watch was pretty dumb, there is nothing that ties it to her and it seems completely unimportant? Kate's mom "disappeared" for 10 mins and I expected that to be super important, maybe it will be in the future and reveal she is working with ??? but for now that whole arc also felt weak. Just basically the show felt like a pretty good setup but a weak payoff. I wonder if the these shows are all gonna have big payoffs and reveals in Secret Invasion.

Kate Bishop and Hawkeye and Yelena are insanely charismatic, solo and together so the 3 of them more or less even out any flaws and it was great just watching them. Huge difference in how a high caliber of actor can elevate a mediocre show vs something like Wheel of Time or Foundation.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
It was a fun and Christmas themed show, I thought the season finale was a tad bit weak but just in minor execution moments, overall i liked the show and I'd be happy to rewatch it again in the future.

Kingpin's power levels seemed kinda all over place, he is shrugging off explosions and massive car hits and explosions like they are flies, I haven't watched Daredevil so I assume its par for the course for him. Given we don't see him dead I am fairly certain he is not gone.

He felt a bit jammed into the show to be honest, everything else sorta works but not much about him makes sense. Why does he want to kill Kate's mom? What about her whole "I've got secret info everywhere as insurance"? He doesn't feel like a Gus Fring type crime lord from the 1 episode we got of him, just a rando thug who has poor planning skills. I'd bet there is a huge disconnect between people who watched the shows he's been in and love the character and vibe off this appearance, and people like me for whom he's just Pyle from Full Metal Jacket.

The watch was pretty dumb, there is nothing that ties it to her and it seems completely unimportant? Kate's mom "disappeared" for 10 mins and I expected that to be super important, maybe it will be in the future and reveal she is working with ??? but for now that whole arc also felt weak. Just basically the show felt like a pretty good setup but a weak payoff. I wonder if the these shows are all gonna have big payoffs and reveals in Secret Invasion.

Kate Bishop and Hawkeye and Yelena are insanely charismatic, solo and together so the 3 of them more or less even out any flaws and it was great just watching them. Huge difference in how a high caliber of actor can elevate a mediocre show vs something like Wheel of Time or Foundation.
Kingpin has always been a strong and durable mother fucker. He didn't exactly shrug off the explosion, he was obviously injured and limping in the alley when Maya got to him.

Working for Kingpin is like working for the mob. You don't get to choose when you are done working for him. Also threatening Kingpin made him want to get rid of her even more.

As for the watch, A19 on the back is Agent 19 from SHIELD which was the character Mockingbird. So Barton's wife was an agent for SHIELD for a while and they can do something with that maybe.

• 1Like

Kaou

Molten Core Raider
As for the watch, A19 on the back is Agent 19 from SHIELD which was the character Mockingbird. So Barton's wife was an agent for SHIELD for a while and they can do something with that maybe.
It's easy to understand why Barton's wife was so easily acceptable for him to do this mission cause there was a lot at stake for their family... they gotta stay under radar and this watch would of exposed them.

Also, now it makes so much sense back in Avengers why she would help Fury at all with ironman on their farm, Tony was right all along, she is an agent with little agents running around!

Solid show, 9/10!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

velk

Trakanon Raider

Plus the way Barton's brain grinds to a halt when she asks him what to do with the mini van was pure gold.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users