Hawkeye

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The weird contrast thing they are doing where the entire world treats the Avengers era as basically the movies and Hawkeye is just some like war-scarred normal dude that hates all of it is pretty amusing.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Alright, fine, Ninja Larper being a First Responder that saw the outfit not get damaged in the fire, thought "That's so cool, I will now steal it", did so, then immediately incriminated themself by posting a video on the internet, plus leaving further evidence in the form of the Larp sticker, is technically internally consistent, albeit criminal and kinda offensive.

The kid is definitively called Armand 7.

He is probably old enough to have a great grandson though, and old enough to have had a child die very young, and rich enough to have that child be Armand the 4th and then his next son be Armand the 5th.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Thought the third episode was largely just OK. Only 3 left, so expecting them to cover a bit of ground after getting this Echo origin episode out of the way. Some speculation about the rest:

So in the end, this just feels like a vehicle for:

- Establishing Echo, starting her redemption to be continued or something in her own series (with Daredevil IMO)
- Establish Kingpin in the MCU ('the uncle'), another person to carryover into an Echo series
- Yelena shows up w/ that photo of Clint as Ronin to propel us into the final episode
- Echo and Clint fight and find common ground in the losses that haunt both of them and that's how the central conflict is resolved (will pay off all the sign language stuff too somehow from this episode I suspect)
- Yelena rivalry established for Bishop, to be continued in Young Avengers v Dark Avengers?
- Reducing Renner's Hawkeye appearances to just cameos going forward

Hmm. I wonder if they'd tie Kingpin and Thunderbolt Ross together, make them responsible for the Dark Avengers. Kingpin could be Julia Louis-Dreyfus' boss. What if Echo was to capture Ronin for this purpose, try and recruit him (and she's being used by Kingpin thinking she'll get her vengeance, etc.)

Anyways, bunch of random thoughts.

spronk

FPS noob
I really enjoyed episode 3, Hawkeye has always been one of those "why the fuck is he an Avenger" kinda guy for me, but seeing all those arrows and shit was fun and cool

The whole vibe of the show is fun, light, and Holiday focused and it just feels great, and the two leads are killing it together.

its not really a nitpick but goddamn did Tony Stark really fuck over his friends, poor Clint has no one else to get help or access to any resources? damn

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
This series is definitely doing Hawkeye major favors in building his usefulness. Still waiting for this to really get motoring but I think it will now that we are past all the setups. Chase scene was really fun and well done. The scene with Kate translating for Clint while he was on the phone with his son was really moving at the end when she realized her fuck up was affecting his whole family. Awesome acting in that scene.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
This is quickly becoming my favorite of the Disney+ Marvel shows. Hopefully they keep this quality up the whole way through.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Armond could be a healthy 90 . I had a coworker who died at 92, at 90 looked a lot younger, old but/ activehealthy, he marched in parades, was in 2 bands, did a lot of community stuff So the kid could be great great grandson, say armond is85- 90. Kid is ~7-10 father say 27-30, his dad 50 his dad 70, then armond at ~90. It works.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
He could just had multiple sons called Armand who in turn had multiple sons called Armand.

You could get to triple digits easily within 3-4 generations that way :)

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I heard a rumor today that
the Armand storyline is a Vampire centric theme, hence the very odd I'm Armand 3 and he's Armand 7 stuff, that is supposed to tie into the Blade stuff upcoming
but to be honest I've either been too busy working, too busy drinking, or too busy being tired to spend mental energy on it yet.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
This is quickly becoming my favorite of the Disney+ Marvel shows. Hopefully they keep this quality up the whole way through.
I absolutely do not understand this considering Loki, but more power to you brother! I'm just glad to get fun content so regularly. We are very spoiled.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Relevant to this thread and the Arcane thread as well;

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
I really enjoyed episode 3, Hawkeye has always been one of those "why the fuck is he an Avenger" kinda guy for me, but seeing all those arrows and shit was fun and cool

The whole vibe of the show is fun, light, and Holiday focused and it just feels great, and the two leads are killing it together.

its not really a nitpick but goddamn did Tony Stark really fuck over his friends, poor Clint has no one else to get help or access to any resources? damn
Yeah, I thought the initial shots from inside the car were really good and I enjoy the music for some reason. I guess it goes a long way to making the tone light. Everything I've seen critiquing the latest run of these comics were that they cucking Clint but I'm not getting that vibe at all from the show.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I thought the initial shots from inside the car were really good and I enjoy the music for some reason. I guess it goes a long way to making the tone light. Everything I've seen critiquing the latest run of these comics were that they cucking Clint but I'm not getting that vibe at all from the show.
Careful chuck the grand high inquisitor of cuck might smite thee.

• 1Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This show is really good. Miles above the other MCU shows. Some good action and good humor. Kate and Clint have a good dynamic. Glad to see they keep sticking with the Fraction/Aja run for all the source material.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Always want so much from these shows, but they end up just being glancing blows at best. Feel like there's so much more they could cover, but we've only got 2 episodes left.

Some nice moments in this one, was enjoyable. I can flip a coin like that, just not with much accuracy. Friend claims I broke his finger with nickel once when I did that. Oops.

Sevens

Log Wizard
This is how you introduce a strong female character.
Kate Bishop isnt some overpowered Mary Sue that makes Clint Barton look like a befuddled school boy.
She is funny, clearly fangirling over Clint and they have great chemistry together.
It just works.

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, it helps that the comic series that this is heavily based on has Kate bishop being extremely talented, but also extremely inexperienced so she makes mistakes on the regular. She never just outright upstages Clint.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was a good episode. It had good pacing with some good humor. I loved when she just stopped halfway over the street. Its the small things like that, that made me smile. It escalated pretty damn fast at the end. That made for an interesting character introduction. The show had my interest, now it has my attention.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah, love the pacing. Its slow and you just get to see characters live and breathe and go through small problems, and I love the small christmas reminders peppered in the whole thing.

I wonder whats up with the watch, I thought it was some Tony Stark DLC unlock shit but Clint says multiple times its to protect the identity of someone. I wonder who? Not really many secret identities left in the MCU, are there? The character reveal at the end was cool.

this made me LOL real hard, the subreddit /r/thanoswasright must be going nuts

0420F659-DADE-4565-B41D-38F71473E435.jpg

rumor is next weeks episode is absolutely nuts

Last edited:

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
yeah, love the pacing. Its slow and you just get to see characters live and breathe and go through small problems, and I love the small christmas reminders peppered in the whole thing.

I wonder whats up with the watch, I thought it was some Tony Stark DLC unlock shit but Clint says multiple times its to protect the identity of someone. I wonder who? Not really many secret identities left in the MCU, are there? The character reveal at the end was cool.

this made me LOL real hard, the subreddit /r/thanoswasright must be going nuts

0420F659-DADE-4565-B41D-38F71473E435.jpg

rumor is next weeks episode is absolutely nuts

If they are going all in on Agents of Shield being non-canon to the MCU, his wife could be Mockingbird, is really the only thing I could think of. Other than it being an Iron Man suit, but that seems a little dangerous to have not and gone and recovered.

• 1Rustled