Hawkeye

Xevy

Log Wizard
So, like, we are all in agreement that Vera Farmiga's character is the Swordsman in the MCU? Because that bitch is being shady as fuck meanwhile Dusquene is just awkwardly enthusiastic.
I think Swordsman is actually going to be a good guy. Probably be the armsman of the Young Avengers and her mom is obviously corrupt/bad. Whether he's assigned to protect her or he's doing this to investigate her or something I don't know. I'm betting Jaque is listed as the CEO of Sloane LTD, but isn't really. He's just up there in name.

I really like his character as a goofy happy go lucky guy. Hopefully he does get the good guy route.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, expecting something similar. Mom the big bad of the company, maybe someone like Madame Masque.

I do hope Swordsman does end up being a good guy otherwise Clint stealing the Ronin sword left out there for him will seem like a really silly plot hole.

Right now there are too many bad guys, think we start to see people flip next episode and set the stage for a big finale.

Wondering what threads they start/continue from here. Mom's company involved with Armor Wars (make it a subsidiary of Hammer Industries)? Watch could be related to that too, otherwise I think that could be an Ironheart breadcrumb still. Echo and Kingpin for the Echo series. Kate of course w/ the inevitable Young Avengers.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm really enjoying the dynamic between Renner and Steinfeld. Honestly, I think this kind of quirky humor is her forte. I know I'll have my masculinity questioned for this, but Steinfeld was great in Edge of Seventeen. It was a decent movie, but Woody Harrelson as the sarcastic teacher really made me like it a lot more. I can't remember the best scene word for word, but I'm sure it is in the trailer, so I'll go find it so you know what I mean.

Ok, yeah, it is the very first scene in this trailer. It cracks me up every single time. Totally worth watching just for Woody.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Thank looks great, lol. Looks like a better version of some of the 90s coming of age movies I enjoyed when I was younger like Can't Hardly Wait, Never Been Kissed, She's All That, etc. I wouldn't be able to get through those now probably, but not shy about admitting I liked them at the time, a lot of nostalgia tied to them too (first love, etc).

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm really enjoying the dynamic between Renner and Steinfeld. Honestly, I think this kind of quirky humor is her forte. I know I'll have my masculinity questioned for this, but Steinfeld was great in Edge of Seventeen. It was a decent movie, but Woody Harrelson as the sarcastic teacher really made me like it a lot more. I can't remember the best scene word for word, but I'm sure it is in the trailer, so I'll go find it so you know what I mean.

Ok, yeah, it is the very first scene in this trailer. It cracks me up every single time. Totally worth watching just for Woody.

I actually watched that trailer because you mentioned Woody. Woody is a gift. Woody did not disappoint.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

I actually did watch this movie, so I guess I have seen something with her! Woody did great in it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
5xvv86.jpg

I hope this is just some Chinese knockoff (look at the baseplate) and not the official Marvel Legends release action figure LoL

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think Wanda was dealing with some really heavy shit
same with bucky. i think the reason it works with hawkeye is because of how grounded and straightforward it is. none of us know what it's like to be a mind controlled killer, none of us know what it's like to be all powerful. but we all know what it's like to lose someone close to us. on top of that, dude is getting old and showing wear and tear. that's relatable.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

So, then I had to watch this movie(Netflix). It had some good moments. I could not remember the last time I watched a teen flick. Mainly love Woody but Steinfeld was pleasing as always. Actually looking forward to episode 5.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah Hawkeye has been a pleasant surprise. Renner is so dour he needs someone to play off and it works really well here. It's one reason Falcon and WS don't is that they don't work so well together. WS and Zemo on the other hand...

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My biggest take away fromthis week is the blonde Russian chick was sexy during the Mac & Cheese heart to heart conversation. Delicious.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yelena Belova is so goddamn fun. Florence Pugh is a gem.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This just keeps getting better.

Given the nature of how they keep hitting on the hearing issues(Sense deprivation), it better mean that the surprise character entry better also come with the other character. That is a cross over I can appreciate.

The final episode is going to almost need to be movie length. It will not be of course but one could wish.

So far this is easily the best of the series stuff Disney has done. It is so refreshing to see something written and directed with this kind of pacing. The conversation between Kate and Yelana was wonderful. One woman knows she is badass and the other one thinks she is. It was perfect.

So far this series has fully redeemed the atrocity that was Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
goddamn that was an amazing hour of TV. everyone would have laughed in ridicule if you said earlier this year the TV show about a dude who shoots arrows is gonna be the best MCU show, but here we are.

I absolutely loved the effects of Infinity War / EndGame playing out in small moments like Ana's house

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I loved this image at the end of the credits. The big guy himself tweeted it today.

• 2Like